Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Yea but it isn't initiating the deal. Retentions has given me the deal and an interaction number, and told me to get the Rogers I buy the phone from to call in order to get authorization for the deal. I just wonder if Bestbuy will also be able to do this.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @benbar21

Why don't you call in before getting the phone and then go get the phone? Don't really see the point of wasting the reps time at the store calling in and trying to add something that u were given and could be done within minutes on the phone.

Best Buy can call in and but their systems won't allow to change the plan to a retentions deal. So they would have to call in just like u and wait on the phone until someone picks up and does it. Then they have to wait until the system reflects the change and then do the upgrade.

You can avoid all this by calling in and changing it before going to the store. I worked for Best Buy and in their Mobile section and most reps dislike doing this because it's time consuming. It's easier for the customer to call in before going to the store. It's easier for them to do the transaction then calling in, verifying the Interaction ID and having the rep change the plan. Do remember they have to be transferred to a retentions rep which can take more time.

This goes for all Rogers Plus stores as well. They would have to call in and do eveything Best Buy will do and then do the upgrade which is time consuming as well. So either to call in ur self, have them change the plan and once u get to the store, all they need to do is the upgrade. Verysimple .
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Because retentions won't be able to give me the deal if it isn't with an activation, unfortunately.  

Like I called and asked if I could do the deal before hand and then just pick up the phone and they said that it is impossible because the deal I am getting is dependent on having a new activation (I'm getting a deal beyond the standard retentions deal.) I agree that it would be much easier if I could do it before hand, but unfortunately I cannot (the deal with cost $15 more a month if I were to get it without a 2 year contract, and they are unable to adjust it after the fact).

But so Bestbuy will be able to do this just as much as Rogers Plus can?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @benbar21

I would say yes they could but i would suggest calling into the location before hand or go and speak to them to see if they can. It's not a guaranteed that both Rogers Plus or Best Buy can do that. Give it a shot and see.

I would also call back to make sure that this is a deal for in store as well. Most if not all retention deals that involve a upgrade and change of plans are done over the phone and not in store. We shall see how this works out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yea I'll call bestbuy and ask.

I'm sure this deal can be done in store because I specifically asked the retentions guy if I could still buy it in store as I have one reserved and don't want to join the end of the queue for online orders and he said yea so long as I give them the number.

I'll let you know what happens! I've definitely gotten myself into an unusual situation deal-wise.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @benbar21

We shall see! I hope it works out and u get that deal Plus the phone!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

today's the day. 

good luck to everyone. may you all get the device your looking for. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pixel_xl

Goodluck my friend! Hopefully you get one!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Preordered a Black XL 128G on Oct 11, ship to store option.

Now in position #41, status: open.

Anyone have a guess as to when new stock might arrive?  I've seen people that have ordered later with shipping estimates into November IIRC.  I sure as heck don't want to have to wait that long.

Any info/estimates/guesses?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @petemcdonnell

No one knows what's going on with this model due to most carriers and even Best Buy doesn't have it..so it could take a while to get. Also no one on here as any information on when a new shipment will come. It can take a couple of days to a week. All depends on the manufacturer.