Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Hello @Prospect

They will get them but no date has been given. Due that there is a Google Store within Best Buy at that location, they both ( companies) have decided to not sell the 128GB XL in black at Best Buy and only the Google store within the Best Buy locations will. As for stock? Reach out to them and they should let u know. ( This is what a internal email to store managers and Mobile managers was given this morning. After the internal email about not getting them.) The Mobile managers have expressed their upsets about this and Best Buy will see what they can offer / do at this point.

If u do get it from them, u won't be eligible for any promotions Rogers was giving out.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @trimaican

I would contact Rogers and have them look into it. If a manager doesn't help, ask to speak to the Office of the President and they will fix it!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, 

Can you give further clarity into this situation?

What is Best Buy going to do for customers that did pre-order?

I'm a bit upset, and I thank you for this insight. I had my Mobile Manager from my pre-order store call and leave a message, saying that they won't be getting them, to let go of the pre-order and move on....

I've been waiting since the beginning of October for my Pixel XL 128 through Best Buy and kept calling in after launch for updates on the matter.

Do you know the timeline between the first e-mail and the second that came yesterday?

Also, do you know what Best Buy corporate is going to do or offer to customers that had standing pre-orders and didn't cancel them and move onto direct Google Order or Rogers instead?

Thanks 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

All that information will be given to them today / tomorrow. Unfortunately they won't be able to do much as this is a company vs company thing. They might be giving a gift card to their store but again that is a decision they need to make.

They email came about 2.5 hrs after the first one but was never communicate to anyone other then managers ( due to head office asking for that).

I will keep you posted on any information I get
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.

If it's easier to PM, that's fine too.

I am just livid, since I have been waiting for over two months now, and all they did was leave me a voicemail telling me to go elsewhere.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

I will PM you when I get more information!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix hey, could you PM me when you get more information too? I had the exact same thing happen to me (cancelled Rogers due to way better price at Bestbuy, was told every few days it'd be there any day, suddenly was told when I called a few days ago that it wasn't coming anymore. They refuse to really help at all.)

Thanks!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @benbar21

I will once I get a reply back from him. Unfortunately they can't give out to much detail as its confidential ( only within managers).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

An Update to my Best Buy Pixel XL Reservation

I went by yesterday to my local Best Buy to pick up an item in reservation, and since I was there I went by to the mobile department, recognized the manager and asked him if he had any BLACK PIXEL XL 128 GB for Rogers.  He said yes. I asked him to show me the box, and he said he does a piece count every morning and knows what phones he has in stock and assured me he has them, and that he has receieved BLACK XL 128GB for Rogers in the past. He also paraded his Bell XL 128 Black. 

Since I had a reservation from another store, he said if I went there I could get my pre-order bonuses, and he checked on his inventory system and said they had two. So off I went. 

I got to my original pre-order store and they told me that they only had two silvers and maybe they had scanned them wrong, which didn't make sense but assured me they had no black ones in stock. 

So I returned to my local Best Buy, told him what happened, and asked if he still had his ROGERS BLACK 128GB XL. He said he had sold it today, and I asked if he can find me another store that has them and someone he knows directly at that store that can set it aside. 

And so he checked, and found a store and called that Sales Manager. He asked him to go to the back, pull the phone and set it aside. And the Sales Manager confirmed it has been set aside. 

Now mind you, I had a Pixel XL order in process during this time through Rogers, and I had to cancel it, if I wanted to get it instore. And so I did. Since the system wouldn't let me upgrade due to the pending. And the pending was slated to arrive next week. But if I can have it today, and get a free Google DayDream and use a trade in credit, why wait?!?

And so off I went to the other store with a device reserved. I get there, an hour later, and they proceed to find my "reserved device." 30 minutes later, the Sales Manager shows up, and says he was mistaken and grabbed the wrong phone. That he is upset that there is a variance of stock in his system. 

I am trying my best to keep my calm and composure, and ask him to find me another store I can go to. And so he looks. And then tells me that Best Buy never recieved the Black XL 128 Rogers in at all, that Canada is still void of them....

And I am baffled at this point, because it seems that this manager at my local store, with his arrogance and refusal to stock me the physical box that morning when I was in, had sent me on a wild goose hunt around the city for phantom stock.  That he counted the regular Pixel as a Pixel XL. Not once, but at least three times. He continued to check his inventory system with the regular Pixel item number, but yet inform me that he and other stores had the XL. And held steadfast that he had one, but had just sold it when I returned, and other stores had it too. Until the Sales Manager told him otherwise from the store he sent me over too...

So here I am, without a Pixel XL. My pending upgrade was cancelled with Rogers, so I would be put on another 3-4 weeks backorder. I am still paying for the Geek Squad Protection I picked up when I got my Note 7, even though my Note 7 has been recalled. 

FUN TIMES AT BEST BUY.