cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @fengxia

Seems like when I google search this it comes up as many are having issues with this even from the Google Play cards u get anywhere. If you location is in a different country, it seems that's the reason.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SleepiTyme

Glad to hear!:)

@Meowmix Thanks for the tip. I checked my account setting and found that indeed my home location was US. After I switched it to Canada, the credit was redeemed without any issue.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @fengxia

You are welcome!:).

Customer2
I've been around

Hi there,

Just a quick general question. I see you were #26 back in October. Have you received your device yet? If so what was the wait time like. Just looking for some sense of how long these reservations can take (I know that it will be different for everyone but I'm just trying to estimate my situation.)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Customer2

Unfortunately that won't give u a idea as everyone's is different. Theirs is from the start vs someone that just did one now or a week ago. Plus there were issues with Rogers receiving models in the start which some waited longer

Prospect
I plan to stick around
Those that upgraded, did you get your extra 2 gigs and chromecast?

I'm still waiting on my preorder from Oct....

Also Best Buy sent out a nation wide memo, they won't be carrying the 128 XL Black sku, lol....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

A few of my buddies and coworkers that got it from the reservation system got everything. The Chromecast comes in the box with the phone and the 2GB data gets added about 1-2 weeks after

Yes i noticed that email this morning as well. My old manager notified me about this as well.

Prospect
I plan to stick around

Is the 2 GB and 50 Play Store still ongoing? I mean, the phone is still not in stock, and now their retail partner has decided to stop carrying the SKU altogether.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

It should be still going as they have not indicated that it's not. Its only for the ones that reserved the device before the date that was given. if you have made a reservation from back then but as for the Chromecast it is a ( limited quantity) offer. So If they do not have any, they won't be able to send one out and won't reimburse anyone as it said that in the fine print too. Same goes for the Google Play Card but that is a text message that comes in.

Best Buy pulled out due to the agreement with Google installing the Google store in specific Best Buy stores. That was in the email as well. So they want to get customers to go to Mississauga to get one ( in Toronto) if u want that model from Best Buy

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Still haven't received my 2gb think I'm close to the end of week 6 so will have to reach out to customer service next week.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
Wait What?!?

Can you please verify? Does that mean Heartland is stocking the 128GB XL in Black?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

They will get them but no date has been given. Due that there is a Google Store within Best Buy at that location, they both ( companies) have decided to not sell the 128GB XL in black at Best Buy and only the Google store within the Best Buy locations will. As for stock? Reach out to them and they should let u know. ( This is what a internal email to store managers and Mobile managers was given this morning. After the internal email about not getting them.) The Mobile managers have expressed their upsets about this and Best Buy will see what they can offer / do at this point.

If u do get it from them, u won't be eligible for any promotions Rogers was giving out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican

I would contact Rogers and have them look into it. If a manager doesn't help, ask to speak to the Office of the President and they will fix it!

Prospect
I plan to stick around

Hi, 

Can you give further clarity into this situation?

What is Best Buy going to do for customers that did pre-order?

I'm a bit upset, and I thank you for this insight. I had my Mobile Manager from my pre-order store call and leave a message, saying that they won't be getting them, to let go of the pre-order and move on....

I've been waiting since the beginning of October for my Pixel XL 128 through Best Buy and kept calling in after launch for updates on the matter.

Do you know the timeline between the first e-mail and the second that came yesterday?

Also, do you know what Best Buy corporate is going to do or offer to customers that had standing pre-orders and didn't cancel them and move onto direct Google Order or Rogers instead?

Thanks 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

All that information will be given to them today / tomorrow. Unfortunately they won't be able to do much as this is a company vs company thing. They might be giving a gift card to their store but again that is a decision they need to make.

They email came about 2.5 hrs after the first one but was never communicate to anyone other then managers ( due to head office asking for that).

I will keep you posted on any information I get

Prospect
I plan to stick around
Thanks.

If it's easier to PM, that's fine too.

I am just livid, since I have been waiting for over two months now, and all they did was leave me a voicemail telling me to go elsewhere.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

I will PM you when I get more information!

Prospect
I plan to stick around

Thanks!

benbar21
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix hey, could you PM me when you get more information too? I had the exact same thing happen to me (cancelled Rogers due to way better price at Bestbuy, was told every few days it'd be there any day, suddenly was told when I called a few days ago that it wasn't coming anymore. They refuse to really help at all.)

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

I will once I get a reply back from him. Unfortunately they can't give out to much detail as its confidential ( only within managers).