cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

It does state it will take 10-15 days to get the 2GB but have you seen it added recently

Good day @pixel_xl,

You need to activate your device before November 15, 2016 to receive your 2GB data bonus.

However, it can take up to 6 weeks to be applied.

You will get a text message advising you that the data bonus has been added to your account, once it's completed on our end. There is no additional measures that you need to take to benefit from the offer.

You will receive a confirmation SMS when you can start using it.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersMaude

I know things are subject to change BUT as u can see below, this is the original fine print from the Pixel bonuses I got. I don't see it anywhere stating up to 6 weeks. Below as you can see is the original fine print from the pre orders for the Pixel devices.

" Offer available for a limited time and subject to change. Available with online pre-orders rogers.com/pixel and purchase of Pixel and activation on a 2-year Share Everything Plan having minimum 5GB data (minimum 6GB in QC and MB). Activation on an eligible plan must be completed by October 31, 2016 to receive the offer. Bonus data will be applied within 10-15 business days of activation. Connection fee of $20/line applies (for new device/line only) to active your services, except online. Early cancellation fees apply in accordance with your Wireless Services Agreement."

So i guess this fine print means nothing?. Just want to get a clarification. :).

Hello @Meowmix,

Thanks for your contribution, as usual Smiley Wink

I understand there is a discrepancy in the information provided above.

I verified our data base before updating the thread and posted my findings. 

I can definitely make further verifications as to why the delay has been extended.

I am hoping that everyone who qualifies gets the bonus added within two weeks, but I just wanted to set realistic expectations since the information available to us has since been updated.

Stay tuned!

RogersMaude

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersMaude

Thanks!. Just wanted to get a actual confirmation as some will read the fine print that was given at the time of the pre order and then this. They will end up getting confused with both.

Thanks again! 🙂

qa6
I plan to stick around

Just wondering how do we get this pre-order bonus? I picked up my Pixel today and got the chrome cast only. Are we going to be contacted or is this sent in the mail? The last time there was a promotion which was netflix it took almost a month before I got it and I had to call multiple times....Hope this is not the same case.

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @qa6

For the bonus data please read above. As for the $50 Google Play Card you will receive a text message within 10-15 business days with a redemption code to get this activated.

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @qa6

For the bonus data please read above. As for the $50 Google Play Card you will receive a text message within 10-15 business days with a redemption code to get this activated.

@Meowmix

Did this change? He mentioned he just got the phone today which means he activated it after October 31 which means he is no longer eligble for the google play card. That's what you advised me and a live agent. Did they extend that? I for one sure hope so.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sh4no

That is correct. At this moment the date was October 31st for the Google Play Card but there hasn't been any word on if they changed the date as i haven't seen anything about it.

SleepiTyme
I plan to stick around

I'm quite unhappy about this as my phone arrived at the store after the cut off date for upgrading the device.

I got my Chromecast, but Rogers also tried to stiff me by charging me nearly full price, or the non-premium discount option on the phone because I didn't have an updated Share Everything plan.

I called into the Office of the President about this. It isn't reasonable. The excuse of "plans change all the time" doesn't apply here. There should be a 30-60 day notice on policy changes like this.

I just did the upgrade with the Note 7 the month prior, how can you change something so important without notifying your customers?

So, as loyal Rogers customers, are we receiving the $50 Google Play credit as promised and offered to ALL those who pre-ordered and had their orders delayed for close to a month, or not?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SleepiTyme

Unfortunately a company does NOT need to notify anyone days in advance for changing plans online.. It states that in the contract you signed, CRTC and also on their website. This is something many companies do. Some companies will notify their customers a couple days in advance but that's about it.

As for the $50 Google Play credit it SHOULD still happen. You should receive a text within 5-10 business days.

SleepiTyme
I plan to stick around

Thank you for the clarification on that @Meowmix

I do hope that the $50 Google Play Store credit still comes.
I'm looking forward to using it for the Google Daydream VR unit for my Pixel XL

I called into Customer Service and they profusely denied and believed that the Google Play Store credit was a bill credit that'll hit the bill in 2-3 billing cycles.

They didn't bother to read up on any previous internal articles on it or the notes on my account regarding my concern on the topic at the end of last month.
Ridiculous individual that was.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SleepiTyme

Sadly some reps are not aware or trained to look at the promotions. Even if the promotion ended, they should still have looked up into it and given the correct answer.

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@SleepiTyme

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news. but Google Play credit can only be applied to content and not hardware. Basically anything you can get from the play store app.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican

@SleepiTyme Knows that. They are saying the agent said that to them.

" believed that the Google Play Store credit was a bill credit that'll hit the bill in 2-3 billing cycles"

SleepiTyme
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix Actually, @trimaican was referring to my mention of getting the Google Daydream VR hardware.

That's a little upsetting, but at least I'll be able to buy some VR games and movies with that then.

Thank you again to the two of you.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SleepiTyme

Ah okay. The post be posted sounds more like for the Google Play Card credit that's why.:)

JacobM1
I plan to stick around

Its offically passed the 15 business waiting time since I bought the phone and I have not recieved my google play credit yet.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JacobM1

Hmm wonder if it's going to take a long time.

Got my XL on Nov. 7. Just recieved the $50 credit a few minutes ago.

When I tried to redeem, got Error Code: BM-RGCH-06. I will try it tomorrow.

SleepiTyme
I plan to stick around
Got my Pixel on the 12 and got my code today. It's safe and sound on my Google account.