cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Got my Pixel XL on Saturday. It was delivered to the store on Friday. My first impressions coming from the iPhone 7Plus, Note 7 and Galaxy S7Edge.

I find it kind of bland and boring. Nothing really exciting or causing a Wow factor. With the iPhone 7 I found the wow to be Water resistance and dual stereo speakers.

The design is kind of uninspiring and the screen is ok. Loved the Note 7 Screen and Expandable Storage.

Thinking I'm either going to return it or trade it for something else off Craigslist.

What had other people's impressions been ?

Prospect
I plan to stick around

LOL, what else is there to get ?

LG V20 is your only other option, since you had the other flagships.

What didn't you like about the iPhone 7 Plus?

I have the iPhone 7 Plus now, but I think I will be going to Pixel. 

Side Note, Best Buy's have started to get the 128 Pixel XL in Silver. No Blacks yet. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kpms

There really isn't anything close to the Note 7 other then the iPhone 7 Plus but even then it still had differences.

The Pixel design is close to the iPhone and HTC design as we all know. They ran out of time apparently to get waterproofing done and they rather not add a SD card slot and give u unlimited cloud storage.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
My opinion of the phone is the complete opposite. Best android phone Ive ever used. No lag, stuttering or general buggy behavior at all. I find I don't miss the extra gimmicks at all with the exception maby of wireless charging.

I going the pure Android route from now on. Opening the app drawer after first boot put a big smile on my face when I didn't have 4 pages of junk pre installed

trimaican
I plan to stick around
For me the wow factor has been performance and the camera especially the video camera.

I don't consider water resistance to be a wow factor just because I haven't had a device get wet (knock on wood)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican

Yeah that is true. The performance seems to wow everyone!

Re: Google Pixel and Google play Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

5five5
I plan to stick around
Obtained my Pixel XL yesterday. Sad to part with the Note 7. Had it not been recalled, I would never have even considered the Pixel. I just couldn't take an 8-month-old s7 edge.

The Pixel is a nice device. Doesn't look as nice as the Note 7 or s7 Edge. It's fast, but so far not much faster. I sure do miss the camera features from Samsung. Google camera is so basic. Some features such as dual camera are simply not available via third party apps. Those that have been made are terrible and buggy. I'm glad I still have have my Note 5.

I also miss the often overlooked things such as turn over to mute, pick up to dial a contact you are viewing or texting with, and of course the pen features.

The Assistant is super fast. Unbelievably fast. Unfortunately it cannot read incoming text messages like Google Now does. But it can compose them quickly.

I am looking forward to testing the camera. Quick launch of the camera is nowhere near as fast as my Note 5.

128GB internal storage is great. Much faster than an SD card.

Sound output via Bluetooth headphones is far better than the Note 7. It is similar to the Note 5.

I am looking forward to improvements to Assistant and more apps being updated to employ the new icon touch features.

Battery life has been great so far, even though it's been only one day.

I am enjoying the best of both worlds. Pure Android and Touchwiz.

Finger print scanner is instant. Super fast. I do wish it were on the front for when I'm at work at the device lays on my desk.

I hope everyone here gets their devices soon.

5five5
I plan to stick around
Thanks for keeping us all in the loop with this and the Note 7 fiasco. Cheers.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
I just got my first ota update. November security patch. I checked my wife's note 5 for fun and it's on the April patch.

Another big advantage.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @5five5

Glad to hear you got the device!.enjoy it :).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

That is because it's getting updates straight from Google compared to Samsung, HTC and other manufactures ( not Apple).

Enjoy!

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

Just spoke to a rep on live chat and looks like I wont be receiving the google play card because I didnt activate the phone that I happened to have pre ordered and was 16th in line for.

This was a big reason for me making the switch from iOS to Android...the fact that I wont lose all of the apps i've purchased. Pretty disapointed in this and looks like I have to have a long chat with retentions on this one.

Anyone else running into this? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sh4no

Unfortunately it did state a date for when the pre order bonuses happen from. Now did you not get a text message at all?. Retentions can't do much unfortunately as they have no access on giving out cards like this or any pre order gifts.

I do wonder if you speak to the right person, they MIGHT be able to do something. I hope!

5five5
I plan to stick around

@hdresden wrote:
I just got my first ota update. November security patch. I checked my wife's note 5 for fun and it's on the April patch.

Another big advantage.

Interesting.  My Note 5 has the October 1 security patch.  Just received November's on my Pixel today.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
I sold my pixel 2 days ago. I kept going back to my s7 edge. It's the little things. No twrp for the pixel yet. I'll probably give it another go later on.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

My buddy with Bell returned his Pixel XL yesterday. He didn't like it after it started acting up on him and he doesn't like how it looks like a iPhone. He switched back to the Priv instead. I noticed some are returning them back. Most love the device though.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix Fun fact. The fact that it looks like an iPhone was something I actually liked. As a matter of fact the pixel WAS my favourite iPhone ever. I sorta miss the Nexus side of things. I usually keep my Samsung stock an root the snot out of my Nexus. The pixel is not where I need it to be just yet.

amardeepsingh
I plan to stick around

@trimaican How long after activation did you get the text with the play store credit?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @amardeepsingh

Some get it within hours and some will get it within day. It does state 10-15 days to receive the text.

trimaican
I plan to stick around
@amardeepsingh - 2 weeks

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around
anyone receive updates on getting additional 2GB added to their plans?