Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Ronux25

That's great to hear! Have you received a tracking number by email?

Yeah, a tracking number was included in the email I just recived. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ronux25

Hmm that's very odd. They stopped doing this a year ago and it seems only a fee people have received tracking numbers within all the reservation threads I have made. U seem to be one of the lucky ones. Others haven't received a tracking number.

Maybe the tracking number is included as some other shipments could be going to the store as well?. Hmm.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How do the pre-order bonuses work? Just kind of curious as so far I have seen to mention of the bonus data on my account. I'm imagining that there will be something thats coming along with the phone to activate it?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ronux25

The 2GB free data for one year is only for plans 5GB+. If u have any other plans that are not those, u won't get it. I have mentioned this before as well with u the fine print of it.

If u have a 5GB plan then I believe it will take affect within a couple of days.

" Get 2GB of bonus data on a 5GB Share EverythingTM plan.*"

This was also posted on page 8.

" The offer is open to new and existing customers who activate the device with a two-year Share Everything plan with a minimum of 5GB of data (6GB in Quebec and Manitoba)."

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/04/here-are-the-deals-canadian-carriers-are-offering-for-google-pixel...
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got my pixel xl today ! But obviously some concerns. I spent about three hours on fb to find out the status of my pre order perks. Chromecast,$50 Google play, and 2 gig of data. So after going back and forth with the agent. He said I was ineligible for everything else but the 2 gig plan.  His reason were because I ordered the pixel on October 26. Which isn't true, I took a screen shot of the official receipt they had sent me when my cc was charged.

After said screenshot, he went on to tell me that I wasnt even eligible for the 2 gig data as well. His new reason was because I had paid out the device out right (679.99).

Now, I'm not sure if I did buy it outright, which I don't think I did. I only paid to ensure I get it faster. The online agent I used to order the phone Also assured me that I'm eligible for all said pre order perks. confirmed twice, have all the chat logs saved. Also knowingly adding a line and agreeing to a two year term. Now the Facebook agent insists that I bought the device out right. 

At this point, 3 hours later.. I ended up calling Rogers. Same thing, the best they can do is is credit me $50.But can't get Google play and 2 gig data.

I'm on a share plan 15 gig tab. So can someone explain to me why I'm not eligible for the pre orders if I ordered on Oct 17th. Thanks and sorry for the format.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@jannodeleon

Woah, I'm amazed you're so calm haha. 

The fact that he says you bought the device outright is ridiculous, since $680 is the premium tab price and to get that price you had to have signed up for a two year contract.

I'm sure @Meowmix has more precise advice here, but I'd call and threaten to return the phone and cancel your contract, and ask for retentions. Assuming you haven't made 30 minutes of calls yet you can still return the phone and cancel everything. You preordered the phone and signed a contract, so to be told that you ordered it later than you said you did and that you bought it outright is outrageous. 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you, I'm deifnately not calm. I missed out on the best buy pre order deal had i known.  im going to call once more tomorrow on my drive to work. If it isn't rectified,i will be porting my number to a new provider.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd definitley call and ask for retentions and threaten to leave. But this story seems so absurd that you probably just got unlucky with reps, I'd assume a supervisor will be able to help.

If you do end up leaving don't just cancel and pay out the contract, return the phone and switch. Although if you've gone over 30 minutes talk time you are likely out of luck, unfortunately.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ok, I have my ship to store email notification and my status shows shipped. But just now I got an email saying my account has had the $40 device reservation fee credited. I thought that was not supposed to happen until the device was picked up in store. Does this mean my preorder is cancelled? I didn't do anything.
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine has been refunded too. This whole system is out of whack.