Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Hello @amardeepsingh

Usaully the business and corporate reservations are last to get the devices from what i have seen with all the reservation threads I have made. Even the iPhone 7 thread is the same.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Meowmix,

Hopefully you can help with my dilemma.

1. Current balance on my phone = 250

2. Upgrading to a Pixel XL = 549

Total cost = ~800 dollars.

Con = another 2 years. 

Buy the phone unlocked from Google = $1,179 = difference of $379

How do i decide (aside from the dollar amount) if i buy from Google or upgrade thru Rogers?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @blahblahblah1

Both devices are unlocked to use with another carrier and u can unlock the bootloader.

This all comes down to if u want to resign a new contract with Rogers for another 2 years OR if you rather pay the $379 and let the contract u have now end and go month to month. This is a decision you have to make but if i had the money, I would do option 2.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you for mentioning this!

I am returning my 32GB Pixel XL black to Rogers and have now purchased a silver 128GB Pixel XL directly from Google.  I paid for expedited shipping because I need to return the Rogers phone by Friday.

I ordered a DBrand skin in matte black for the front of the phone. I just don't know if I can handle a white-front phone. I've never had one before.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @G_Money

Very nice!!!:)
I Plan to Stick Around

Reserved Silver XL 128GB, started position 134, last I checked it was 116, now In Progress! Getting pretty happy that finally I don't see that pesky number.
I am worried though that my phone will cost more than I originally thought it did after reading some posts. When I selected "Keep existing plan" it quoted me $679 for the phone (+ my monthly plan) but if they find some way to make me pay more I'm definitely throwing a fit lol.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @makovy

Thats great to hear!!!! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to return my 32GB by Friday, but now my black 128GB pre-order is "in progress". I definitely want black instead of white, but I have no idea when the "in progress" phone will actually ship!

I guess I'll have 2 weeks to return the silver one to Google if the black one arrives in the meantime!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @G_Money

Thats why I wait until the phone ships out. As u can see now u have to return those phones just to get the black one lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Finally, both my orders (#4 White, #10 Black) have moved to an In Progress status.  Should be here soon! 🙂