Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrander
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

That doesn't explain Bassi at #40 in line, after us, getting it last night. (Unless he was pulling our leg)
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @shrander

No one knows until he comes back and let's us know.
blahblahblah1
I Plan to Stick Around

My rogers store has the XL (32GB) available (just a few units). I am number 5 on the reservation system but I am deciding to bite the bullet and get the 32GB black XL. I don't have a lot of games. I have music, spotify, maybe stream some youtube and netflix. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @blahblahblah1

Yeah they have the 32GB model but no 128GB model. Glad u grabbed that one.
blahblahblah1
I Plan to Stick Around

I didn't pick it up. I walked into a Rogers store and told i needed to be on a premium plus plan to get the phone for 350 . The current plan shared premium plan wouldn't work.

I was told 550 for the XL 32GB Black and the cost of my current device , a total of 800 dollars.

Might as well get it from the google store.

hdresden
I Plan to Stick Around

That's what I'm thinking. I need to use my note 7 refund (assuming I ever get it) to pay for my pixel when it comes in. But going forward I think it will be my last carrier phone. There always seems to be some policy in place designed to screw the customer over. I am currently using a zenphone laser I got used for $150.00 and actually really like it, in no small part because I own it out right and didn't have to sell my soul to Rogers to get it. The fact you can go into bestbuy and buy 4 of them brand new for less than a 128 pixel xl has me thinking too.
Krrax
I Plan to Stick Around

Exact thing happened to me.. Rogers being Rogers and a 85$ 2gb plan only eligible for $550 32GB XL when the checkout told me it was $350. I just got it anyways and immediately left Rogers the next day. Phone is unlocked and costs same as Google store when you leave contract.

blahblahblah1
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry did you buy the phone from google or Rogers?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @blahblahblah1

He bought it from Rogers and cancelled their account and went with someone else. He is basically saying its the same thing buying it from Google.
petemcdonnell
I Plan to Stick Around

I'd signed up for the waiting list on Google's site and was just able to place an order for a silver XL 128GB. Says they have limited stock.

Guess I'll be cancelling my preorder and possibly my account with Rogers since I don't have anything under contract. Time to go rate plan shopping!