cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

shrander
I plan to stick around
That doesn't explain Bassi at #40 in line, after us, getting it last night. (Unless he was pulling our leg)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @shrander

No one knows until he comes back and let's us know.

blahblahblah1
I plan to stick around

My rogers store has the XL (32GB) available (just a few units). I am number 5 on the reservation system but I am deciding to bite the bullet and get the 32GB black XL. I don't have a lot of games. I have music, spotify, maybe stream some youtube and netflix. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @blahblahblah1

Yeah they have the 32GB model but no 128GB model. Glad u grabbed that one.

blahblahblah1
I plan to stick around

I didn't pick it up. I walked into a Rogers store and told i needed to be on a premium plus plan to get the phone for 350 . The current plan shared premium plan wouldn't work.

I was told 550 for the XL 32GB Black and the cost of my current device , a total of 800 dollars.

Might as well get it from the google store.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
That's what I'm thinking. I need to use my note 7 refund (assuming I ever get it) to pay for my pixel when it comes in. But going forward I think it will be my last carrier phone. There always seems to be some policy in place designed to screw the customer over. I am currently using a zenphone laser I got used for $150.00 and actually really like it, in no small part because I own it out right and didn't have to sell my soul to Rogers to get it. The fact you can go into bestbuy and buy 4 of them brand new for less than a 128 pixel xl has me thinking too.

Krrax
I plan to stick around

Exact thing happened to me.. Rogers being Rogers and a 85$ 2gb plan only eligible for $550 32GB XL when the checkout told me it was $350. I just got it anyways and immediately left Rogers the next day. Phone is unlocked and costs same as Google store when you leave contract.

blahblahblah1
I plan to stick around
Sorry did you buy the phone from google or Rogers?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @blahblahblah1

He bought it from Rogers and cancelled their account and went with someone else. He is basically saying its the same thing buying it from Google.

petemcdonnell
I plan to stick around
I'd signed up for the waiting list on Google's site and was just able to place an order for a silver XL 128GB. Says they have limited stock.

Guess I'll be cancelling my preorder and possibly my account with Rogers since I don't have anything under contract. Time to go rate plan shopping!

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

I just cancelled my pre-order for a 128GB Black Pixel XL with Rogers.

I was able to place an order for a 128GB White Pixel XL through the Google Store.  I selected free shipping and the estimated delivery date is Nov 7 - 14.  That should mean it will arrive next week.  I used the free shipping for my charger order and it was literally a day and a half, so I could get lucky and get it this week (but I doubt it).  If I selected faster shipping for $18, I could have received it tomorrow or Friday...

Anyhow, I was in position 105 in the Rogers queue before I left but I figure it seems likely that I'll be waiting until late November if I go with Rogers and it's pretty up in the air what deal I would be able to get because the promotions have all ended.  I hate having to have a negotation every year with Rogers, it's kind of a relief to just order directly from Google this time to be honest.

Anyhow, looks like Silver XL 128GB is coming in stock, so I'll bet that Rogers might have received some to fulfil some of those pending pre-orders, not so much love for the black 128GB but personally after seeing all the videos, it seems like the black one might be prone to having it's black finish scratch off and I like going naked with my phones, so I think I'll be just as happy with the white one.

I'll still keep an eye on this thread to see if I made the right decision.  I am curious when Rogers will finally get 128 Black Pixel XLs..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Not bad, hopefully you get it faster that ways! I do wonder why it's taking this long

Prospect
I plan to stick around
Google offering $50 Play Store Credit for delays in Pixel.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Not bad! They have too because of the delays. I do believe the carriers will push the $50 Google Play credit as well. We shall see though.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
What did Rogers offer for preordering?

I ordered a iPhone 7 Plus JB, Rogers said they had the 256 GB in stock, two weeks ago, still waiting in delivery. I get weekly text messages saying, order has been processed and I should recieve my phone soon.

trimaican
I plan to stick around
2GB Data free for 12 months
Free Chromecast (limited supply)
$50 Google Play Credit

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Rogers was offering in.

$50 Google Play Card ( while quantities last)
Free Chromecast ( While quantities last)
2GB extra data on your plan for 12 months.

I have the 256GB IPhone 7 Plus Jet Black and loving it!.

trimaican
I plan to stick around

Tomorrow will be an interesting one for me.

Because of how complicated it was to set up my account (some issue that was in their system from years ago that I was unaware of) I had to set up my account (two lines) in one day even though I didn't have my preorder in yet.

So I just got a pixel and left it in the box so that I could return/exchange. Well that 2 weeks is almost up so I gotta bring it back, now to see what they will do for me so I don't have to re-set up a line again as last time it took hours on the phone getting bounced around. 

Sitting at #14 in line for the black 128 XL maybe a miracle will happen.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican

Hopefully they can somehow fix this issue for you!

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
Well my Silver Pixel XL 128GB just shipped from Google. It probably won't be long now.

Rogers also quickly refunded the $40 reservation fee as well for my cancelled pre-order, so that's good. Should be smooth sailing.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Yeah they usually credit it back within 24hrs.. Sometimes if it's on a credit card then it could take 1-3 business days.

Glad to hear urs shipped from Google.