cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ryan1234

I wonder if they are using the Ship To Home method first but again no one knows for sure what is going on. Also i want to know how his brother ordered it and got it the next day and no such thing has happened to anyone else other them devices actually being in stock and it takes 1-3 business days to ship out. Also depends on the time of day his brother called or ordered it. If they did it after 4pm there isn't much chance of it being shipped out the next day..

iyatos56
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix @Ryan1234

Funny thing is, he got BOTH the call from the store he asked to call him if it comes in stock AS WELL as the email about it being shipped out the same day (he lives in Hamilton BTW). He ordered it thrusday at 6am, shipped to his house so maybe there is a difference if its in store or to your door?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @iyatos56

Hmm maybe the ship to home as i said is a better option but again it's only a few that got the device via both systems.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Ryan1234 wrote:

I've been #1 on pre-order wait list since october 4th, (black 128gb pixel XL). Grinds my gears to hear your brother has received his already. This priority for pre-orders makes no sense.

have made my way to first spot for silver xl 128gb with no updates either. 

it seems like the reservation numbering system is more of a placeholder. rather than first in first out scenario. 

amardeepsingh
I plan to stick around

@pixel_xl wrote:

@Ryan1234 wrote:

I've been #1 on pre-order wait list since october 4th, (black 128gb pixel XL). Grinds my gears to hear your brother has received his already. This priority for pre-orders makes no sense.

it seems like the reservation numbering system is more of a placeholder. rather than first in first out scenario. 

Where did you start out? I'm just wondering if they have started shipping, or you just moved up because of cancellations.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

for the people who has received their pixel xl's.

has anyone witness their screen flickering at 100% charge with their chargers still plugged into the phone and wall outlet?  

Thanks! 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

At this point anything is possible. The system never guaranteed that you will be the first one to get it but it does have it flaws. It should work as a system which of any device comes in, goes straight there but seems like it doesn't.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@amardeepsingh dont think they would have shipped just yet. just moved up one spot. 

i would notify everyone if any action were to take place. 

In response to amardeepsingh

@amardeepsingh wrote:

@pixel_xl wrote:

@Ryan1234 wrote:

Where did you start out? I'm just wondering if they have started shipping, or you just moved up because of cancellations.

Started at #1 spot, still at #1 spot. This is as other people are starting to get the same phone that I ordered (Pixel XL 128gb black).

They just keep telling me its out of stock and i'll be the first one they'll ship to...

As other people are starting to say they are recieving that exact phone...

michaelcaron
I've been here awhile

It's the lack of transparency with this system that is frustrating. If I knew this would happen I would have pre-ordered to my home.

I'm number 18 for the same model, and hearing that people are getting the phone is kinda disheartening.

I have an iPhone 7+ reserved as well that is at number 19 and at this point I'm just gonna take whatever comes first to get myself out of this horrible system ASAP.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ryan1234

I have noticed that the reservation system does have a flaw and it needs some fixing. I noticed as well with the same thing on all the iPhone reservation threads as well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @michaelcaron

With regards to the iPhone, even Apple is having a hard time getting the iPhone Plus in their stores too. I sucks but what can you do.

In regards to the reservation system, it does have a flaw which i have said many years on every reservation thread I have made but it seems to be doing the same thing.

michaelcaron
I've been here awhile

Yeah I picked the wrong two phones if I wanted something quickly Smiley LOL

Thanks for being so responsive @Meowmix. Hopefully one of these days they'll listen to you and we won't have any more grumpy threads.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @michaelcaron

Honestly i hope one day the system can be revamp and do its job like it's supposed too. It does in some ways but in other points it's failing to do its job and we have noticed that.

Anyways i hope everyone gets their device soon.

bassi1961
I've been here awhile
I was #40 for the Silver XL 128gb and the store just received my order. Picking it up tonight.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bassi1961

Glad to see your store has it!! Enjoy it when u get it 🙂

amardeepsingh
I plan to stick around

@bassi1961, did your reservation status update? What is it?

rajeshr
I plan to stick around

@bassi1961 wrote:
I was #40 for the Silver XL 128gb and the store just received my order. Picking it up tonight.

@bassi1961 Hmm - how did you manage that?  I'm at #4 for the Silver XL 128GB and my status hasn't changed at all.

shrander
I plan to stick around

pixel40
I've been here awhile

Did you get your phone?  What city are you in?  I moved from 52 to 45 and my HTC One m8 is on its very last legs now, not charging, so I am desperate for a new handset.  I'm confused why the person at spot 1 didn't get their phone though.

rajeshr
I plan to stick around

@pixel40 wrote:

Did you get your phone?  What city are you in?  I moved from 52 to 45 and my HTC One m8 is on its very last legs now, not charging, so I am desperate for a new handset.  I'm confused why the person at spot 1 didn't get their phone though.

Probably due to the fact that Rogers seems to have not received any XL 128GB's so far. The reason your number dropped is that people in the queue ahead of you may have cancelled their orders.