Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

@Meowmix @Ryan1234

Funny thing is, he got BOTH the call from the store he asked to call him if it comes in stock AS WELL as the email about it being shipped out the same day (he lives in Hamilton BTW). He ordered it thrusday at 6am, shipped to his house so maybe there is a difference if its in store or to your door?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iyatos56

Hmm maybe the ship to home as i said is a better option but again it's only a few that got the device via both systems.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Ryan1234 wrote:

I've been #1 on pre-order wait list since october 4th, (black 128gb pixel XL). Grinds my gears to hear your brother has received his already. This priority for pre-orders makes no sense.

have made my way to first spot for silver xl 128gb with no updates either. 

it seems like the reservation numbering system is more of a placeholder. rather than first in first out scenario. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@pixel_xl wrote:

@Ryan1234 wrote:

I've been #1 on pre-order wait list since october 4th, (black 128gb pixel XL). Grinds my gears to hear your brother has received his already. This priority for pre-orders makes no sense.

it seems like the reservation numbering system is more of a placeholder. rather than first in first out scenario. 

Where did you start out? I'm just wondering if they have started shipping, or you just moved up because of cancellations.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

for the people who has received their pixel xl's.

has anyone witness their screen flickering at 100% charge with their chargers still plugged into the phone and wall outlet?  

Thanks! 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pixel_xl

At this point anything is possible. The system never guaranteed that you will be the first one to get it but it does have it flaws. It should work as a system which of any device comes in, goes straight there but seems like it doesn't.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@amardeepsingh dont think they would have shipped just yet. just moved up one spot. 

i would notify everyone if any action were to take place. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

In response to amardeepsingh

@amardeepsingh wrote:

@pixel_xl wrote:

@Ryan1234 wrote:

Where did you start out? I'm just wondering if they have started shipping, or you just moved up because of cancellations.

Started at #1 spot, still at #1 spot. This is as other people are starting to get the same phone that I ordered (Pixel XL 128gb black).

They just keep telling me its out of stock and i'll be the first one they'll ship to...

As other people are starting to say they are recieving that exact phone...

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's the lack of transparency with this system that is frustrating. If I knew this would happen I would have pre-ordered to my home.

I'm number 18 for the same model, and hearing that people are getting the phone is kinda disheartening.

I have an iPhone 7+ reserved as well that is at number 19 and at this point I'm just gonna take whatever comes first to get myself out of this horrible system ASAP.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ryan1234

I have noticed that the reservation system does have a flaw and it needs some fixing. I noticed as well with the same thing on all the iPhone reservation threads as well.