Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

I don't have any insider information but from what I've read around on different sites I am not expecting any positive news untill mid to late November.

Currently sitting at 110 from 135 a week ago.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @hdresden

Exactly. Again Rogers did state 3-6 weeks but Even Google csnt get enough units out.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @makovy

It could take a couple more weeks or even another week. Again all depends on shipments from google
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just wondering, if you ordered it to your home and paid for it right away, did you get a device already?

Do pre-orders get priority over reservations? Just wondering for next time if this happens again.

When I go to the upgrade section it doesn't say there will be any delay at all, where iphone says 6+ weeks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @michealcaron

They both work the same. There is no different with shipments. Only difference is that you lay upfront and get the device shipped to you instead of reserving it and picking it up at the store where you would have to sign a contract and do everything at the store. All is done over the computer and that's that.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Does anybody know if the Pixel purchased by Rogers is unlocked?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes carrier unlocked only
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @vince790000

Yes its carrier unlocked. This means you can use it with any carrier you want. The bootloader is locked but that can be unlocked.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I've been #1 on pre-order wait list since october 4th, (black 128gb pixel XL). Grinds my gears to hear your brother has received his already. This priority for pre-orders makes no sense.

In response to iyatos56:

"Can someone explain the priority of these "pre-orders"? because I just got an email that i got "bumped" down... 2 slots (lol really?) and yet my brother, who ordered the same device as me (black 128gb pixel XL) on thursday got his shipped to his house the next day.... So why is mine taking 2+ weeks while his took a day?"

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ryan1234

I wonder if they are using the Ship To Home method first but again no one knows for sure what is going on. Also i want to know how his brother ordered it and got it the next day and no such thing has happened to anyone else other them devices actually being in stock and it takes 1-3 business days to ship out. Also depends on the time of day his brother called or ordered it. If they did it after 4pm there isn't much chance of it being shipped out the next day..