Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy
I have moved from samsung to Pixel, Off the bst there is no Notify badges for unreasd msgs and emails. another great feature in samsung msgs i miss is the schedule a msg at later time.
Any one know any alternative please share
Can someone explain the priority of these "pre-orders"? because I just got an email that i got "bumped" down... 2 slots (lol really?) and yet my brother, who ordered the same device as me (black 128gb pixel XL) on thursday got his shipped to his house the next day.... So why is mine taking 2+ weeks while his took a day?
Reserved my device on the 14th, still on an open status
|Pixel XL, Phone by Google 128GB Silver|
|Pixel XL 128GBSilver|
Position : 119
Starting position was 134... I've only received 2 text messages from Rogers 'apologizing' for the delay, one of which was asking to enter their draw. Curious as to how long it will take to ship all these phones out
Just wondering, if you ordered it to your home and paid for it right away, did you get a device already?
Do pre-orders get priority over reservations? Just wondering for next time if this happens again.
When I go to the upgrade section it doesn't say there will be any delay at all, where iphone says 6+ weeks.
I've been #1 on pre-order wait list since october 4th, (black 128gb pixel XL). Grinds my gears to hear your brother has received his already. This priority for pre-orders makes no sense.
In response to iyatos56:
"Can someone explain the priority of these "pre-orders"? because I just got an email that i got "bumped" down... 2 slots (lol really?) and yet my brother, who ordered the same device as me (black 128gb pixel XL) on thursday got his shipped to his house the next day.... So why is mine taking 2+ weeks while his took a day?"