cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bassi1961

Glad to hear!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @amardeepsingh

Does it say "In Progress (Pre Fulfilment)"?

amardeepsingh
I plan to stick around

The last I checked, yes. I have to call in to get status updates since it was ordered on the phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @amardeepsingh

Then it's not the same as IN PROGRESS for consumer reservations..

" IN Progress ( Pre Fulfilment)" means that they don't have a device for your reservation and thus why it's on " pre fullfilment".

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
Yea, I'm at position 108 with an open status. Black Pixel XL 128GB.

petemcdonnell
I plan to stick around

Just got another "This email confirms your pick-up location" message, but my status is still 'Open'.  Do these get sent out once a week?  Last one I got was from last Friday, that's the only reason I ask.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @petemcdonnell

Yes they do. They send put weekly updates as promised.

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

Hey, I have a quick question that perhaps someone can answer for me. I'm currently with Telus but switching to Rogers. I pre-ordered the 128 XL black from Rogers and like everyone else im waiting paitently for it. This afternoon I got a bill for $767.27 for a "hardware change" from Rogers that is due on November 2nd.

What im wondering if this is normal. Am I being charged already for the Pixel even if they have no sign of a date they can get them in? I have never preoprdered a phone before and I was under the impression that I was not going to be charged till the device shiped. 

Anyone able to clarify this for me please?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ronux25

Thats only if you have it shipped to the store. Then it would be charged on your first months invoice. If you had to shipped to you home, then it should have charged you upfront as u got the bill to be.

So yes that is correct if u had it shipped to ur home. " Pay not ship home"option

ltds
I plan to stick around

That's strange, I'm not even seeing the amount owed for my GF's phone that we picked up on the 24th online yet and you have the total amount appearing for a phone you haven't even picked up yet. Chalk it up to another rogers discrepancy 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Itds

Your gf picked it up at the store. The contract and was signed and thus the amount of the device is charged on the next month's invoice as i indicated above.

If you picked the " Pay now ship to home" option then u pay upfront and have the device ship to ur home.

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

Thanks for clarifying. I had some issues with the preorder web forum so I did it by phone instead. They never asked if I wanted it picked up via store or shipping. I assumed that it was indeed being shipped to my place. Happy to see that everying is "working as intended" then. Thanks.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

I just received this email but my status is still open.. doesnt make sense, unless this is just to tease us and say we will ship it once its available..  

This is one i reserved the other day.. i have one i ordered on Oct 4th (ship to home) and then two more reserved lolCapture.PNG

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ronux25

Anytime you contact Rogers over the phone to do a new activation or upgrade they usually ship the devices to your home.

The option for the store is only available for the Device Reservation System.

So you are fine and it's normal to be billed on your first invoice.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Another poster above posted the same. It's the weekly emails they promised they would send.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix well now im sad! 😞

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I already received my 18w OEM USB charger from the Google store. Super fast shipping for anyone else looking for power adapters.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Don't be sad!:)

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix I won't be once I receive it! Been stuck with an absolutely horrible iPhone 7 since the note 7 debacle

It's not absolutely horrible, but being on mostly Android for a few years, I realize just how bad itunes is and how so-2012 ios is! It has barely matured in the last three years. Minor new features being added and imessage is in no way a reason to be tied to ios (like some say it is). There are other solutions that are on all OS's.

Anyways I'm hoping one of the three I ordered ship soon! Only want one of course 😛

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

I love the iPhone 7 Plus!. No issues with it but again it's not a Note 7 lol.

ITunes yes hasn't changed and same old is going on with that

When is roger activating Wifi calling on Google pixel adn Pixel Xl. Any one knows please respond