cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JacobM1

Its happened before. That's why i said that. They did it with the iPhone 5S and 6. They had many complaints.

They could do that but again it's up to management on how they do it. Unfortunately they only have the same and it seems they don't want to communicate properly other then the text.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Yeah they could always check RSS and also they get emails. Was a Senior for the Home Solutions department at Best Buy and was a Sales supervisor as well.

Unfortunately as you know the only trick is either 2020 or 2021 in some locations. Even then they most likely will not give the information out as they barely get any information. They can check the employee tool on ETK and it should show it there.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
If they were really diligent they could ask on their weekly conference calls or ask they buyer, but they don't.

Glad I left Best Buy for greener pastures, the current staff barely care about customer service.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Agreed. They got new employees which rather not help anyone out properly and only care about their sale numbers for each day.

Anyways back on topic lol.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix of course it could be any other phone haha it's just the first thing that came to my mind and wishful thinking at the same time lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma432

Lol yeah that's true! Let's hope 🙂

JacobM1
I plan to stick around

I sent a PM to @RogersRobert , a product manager. Lets see if he replies here.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JacobM1

You most likely will get the same response or a changed response for the first time but doubt he will give u and information. They aren't allowed to unless bigger heads give the okay to do so. Also seems like he is only here for the other reason. So he may not respond. We shall see.

As per what Rogers Darrell wrote, we has no knowledge of this and also isn't here for this. So you won't get any responses. Do remember that they are here for another reason and also work in different departments.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello @JacobM1

Please be advised that @RogersRobert is a Program Manager for the Worry-Free Data Management Ask an Expert happening now in the Community Forums 11AM to 1PM, and can only assist with any questions you may have about Worry-Free Data Management available on all Share Everything plans.

Thank you,

RogersDarrell

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RogersDarrell

Thank you for the response. 🙂

JacobM1
I plan to stick around

@RogersDarrell Ah, I saw that he was online and under his name it said "Product Manager" so I figured that he might know something. My bad. Are you able to tell us whats going on?

Ryan1234
I'm here a lot

Can we be clear on something: there is not a "shortage" causing this problem. Rogers has not sent out any Pixel XLs AT ALL. Not shortage --> a complete lack of.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello

Believe what you want. Either way it's a shortage on Rogers side GETTING them from Google and as u can read below, its even affecting others buying them from Google.. Now that's that and wait until.they get them.

" After reports of shipping delays from many early Pixel buyers, the company stated to 9to5Google: “We’re thrilled to see the excitement for our new Pixel phones, and frankly pre-order demand has exceeded our expectations. We’re working to restock our inventory as soon as possible."

Charles-
I've been here awhile

This thread has 56 pages and we still have difficulty understanding the situation! Smiley Very Happy

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Charles-

Lol well at least if you read my above post. We have some clarification coming from Google but again Rogers did clarify the same on Facebook and also on text messages.

This is a post i seen from Rogers

" Thanks for your patience, R. We're just waiting on devices. Once we have your device, we'll email you.
- M"B

This one was translated from French

" You are probably one of the first to book themselves against model we are limited by the amount received by Google. We are not able to give you a date for sending because we do not control the amounts sent. I suggest you see in store if they have models available, if not know that we send prioritize incoming models."

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

Anyone else rocking back and forth in their chair while refreshing their email and this page? I have already ordered a few cases, and some spare USB C cables. Now I just need the phone. Really wish there was more information on when it was going to be availiable. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ronux25

Unfortunately as you know they can't give more information as what I posted above and what everyone knows already. They won't give a ETA for many reasons and also don't know much on shipments. They don't get that information and don't give that out either.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

I ordered a spare OEM charger with USB C cable from the Google play store since none of my Samsung chargers will be compatible with the USB C PD fast charge standard and I like to carry a charger in my bag.  It has already shipped.

I'll continue to wait for the Black Pixel XL 128gb to come in patiently  I have faith it won't be more than a couple more weeks at this point but I'm not expecting to hear anything until my pre-order ships, so I'll just keep trolling the Internet for Pixel news in the meantime...

bassi1961
I've been here awhile

My rogers reservation has now moved from #42 overall to 'In Progress' so i guess that is a step in the right direction. 

amardeepsingh
I plan to stick around
Mine has been in progress for over a week 😐

trimaican
I plan to stick around
@bassi1961 Good to hear. Mine still hasn't moved from 14 but at least someone is seeing a change.