Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Officially one week of delay since launch.

No communication from Rogers yet.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Rogers has indeed communicated to many about this as you can see above. It seems some never got that text or email.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Communication isn't a single text message. Communication would be an email or a phone call saying why they can't fuffil the order and an an actual estimate as to when they can.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JacobM1

Agreed but they won't give a call to more then 1,000 Plus customers. They didn't even do that for the Note 7 recalls and no carrier actually calls the customers of they are late with pre orders even the US Carriers don't do that.

A email yes i would agree to send a massive email but again many would complain that they got a email that they didn't sign up for ( as 90% of Rogers customers won't be getting the Pixel device) so yeah i see why.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I did my preorder at Best Buy.

No one has called to update, not sure why Best Buy even has store numbers, almost impossible to call in and get someone to pick up the phone.

I used to be a manager for them, trick to getting through is by dialing 2020 to get the Manager on Duty to pick up.

Also, as a Mobile Manager, they can ask their ASM to check with the buyer how many Pixel XLs are on order and when they are arriving.

Sadly, the current roster of Best Buy Mobile Managers are pathetic.

Walmart Wireless poached some of their best talent and those being groomed by Best Buy also got poached.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Why would they send an email to each customer on the Rogers network? That makes no sense. They would only need to send one to the people affected.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JacobM1

Its happened before. That's why i said that. They did it with the iPhone 5S and 6. They had many complaints.

They could do that but again it's up to management on how they do it. Unfortunately they only have the same and it seems they don't want to communicate properly other then the text.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Yeah they could always check RSS and also they get emails. Was a Senior for the Home Solutions department at Best Buy and was a Sales supervisor as well.

Unfortunately as you know the only trick is either 2020 or 2021 in some locations. Even then they most likely will not give the information out as they barely get any information. They can check the employee tool on ETK and it should show it there.
I Plan to Stick Around

If they were really diligent they could ask on their weekly conference calls or ask they buyer, but they don't.

Glad I left Best Buy for greener pastures, the current staff barely care about customer service.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Agreed. They got new employees which rather not help anyone out properly and only care about their sale numbers for each day.

Anyways back on topic lol.