Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

@Tombolo 

I've been told the opposite by Rogers. What they have told me from the beginning is that there was a 3-4 week backorder starting from October 4th, so the phones for those who preordered should start to ship between the 25th and 1st of october. These were the dates they gave me, and so that would mean that at least some people at Rogers use week in the standard english sense (7 days). 

I feel like your rep was confused. When there is a shipping estimate it is definitley business days (unless they pay for weekend delivery), and so perhaps she got confused by that?

@Meowmix think I'm right here?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @trimaican @Tombolo

This is why i say always take what they are saying with a grain of salt. Every rep has a different answers to the same question. You never know what the truth is and no its weekends included. The rep seems lost.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, on the bright side of things....

When this phone finally arrives, I'll know for sure if it is going to blow up or not like my note 7 haha.

Im actually liking the 6p I bought last week anyhow. Now that I have this phone I'm not in a rush for the pixel.

I now have dropped from #104 to #98 in the list for the 128gb silver XL. People are starting to jump ship, Google!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Meowmix,

Do you or anyone know what will happen to our pre order bonuses if we end up getting our phones after Oct 31? Do you think Rogers will extend the offer of the 2 extra GB per month?

From what I remember the manufacturer bonuses (in this case the Google chrome cast and play card) are "while quantities last" but I wonder how Rogers will handle it on their end?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @robx7fcna

My thinking on this is that Rogers is aware of what is going on and most likely will extend it because of the issues going on.

Now with Google Play Card and the Chrome cast indeed it is while quantities last but we shall see. Again no one has the actual answer here. Everyone gets a different answers.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well it sounds like the issue isn't shortage, as I was supposed to be the first person to get the black pixel XL on th reservation list. The issue is that they don't have them at all, unlike other carriers. Maybe it's time to switch carriers then if Rogers cannot provide the same service/products?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Funny I'm waiting for the same: Pixel XL 128 GB Silver.... and I'm still stuck at 88. Hasn't moved a bit.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ryan1234

Switching carriers won't make a difference and that's something many are failing to see. Yeah okay you switch tk other carriers to get the device. What happens when they have the same issues or similar? What then? You will switch to another one because of it?.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pat767

Even Best Buy doesn't have the silver and only Telus does but they are still short oh them as well. Went to 3 Telus stores just to check out and none of them in the downtown core of Toronto has any and haven't received any. Only the 32GB models they have and a demo XL.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

That is the whole premise of a competitive market. Other carriers have a product (the pixel XL), that their customers are receiving. Rogers is failing to provide that product to their customers. So yes, as a consumer I have the right to take my business to the company than is able to provide the products and services I want. This isn't communist Russia.