cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

hdresden
I plan to stick around
That's a scam, not from Rogers. Url in the text is Roge.rs.

JacobM1
I plan to stick around

I think its legit, the link goes to rogers offical facebook page with the rules. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

Its not a scam. It's a real deal. I entered it without thay link just 2 days ago.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @charles

That was said last week as well and also a week before that launch. Seems to me Rogers us getting a lateshipment .

I "pre-ordered" as well. I'm very disappointed with the entire process and the complete lack of communication and knowledge from Rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnchartrand

Rogers has made effort on communicating to customers but not as much as i would like them and others see. I guess they don't want to give to much information out just incase it's wrong.

I appreciate and can understand that but the entire point of a pre-order is to assess demand and order accordingly. There are weeks prior to launch where opportunity arose to refine the process and initiate some kind of online system for clients to check themselves rather than arbitrary sms notifications etc...

trimaican
I plan to stick around

I think the hardest part is that there isn't a clear cut estimate coming in. is this going to be a month without getting your phone? if so then people can make a decision on another device etc.

I get you don't want to be wrong but it doesn't have to be a locked in guaranteed date either.  

for me waiting a couple more days vs a couple more weeks is crucial as my 6P has already been sold. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnchartrand

Actually if you read back pages back almost 1-2 days before launch I communicated and showed that Rogers was showing 3-6 weeks delivery or the 128GB Pixel XL models. They took thay off after launch and sent the texts instead. So they did communicate but failed to do it properly.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican

They can't give a clear cut estimate if they don't have devices and the manufacturers just send them devices at any time. They don't give carriers dates on when devices will ship to them. I worked at the warehouse at Rogers for a bit and thus why i know this.

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Yes I get that my gripe is that there isn't a good enough partnership where they can get that communicated from in this case google.

On the other side of this where I work if we are short on product our customers tend to show their disappointment and hammer out the question of when? Obviously this is on a different scale as its a completely different market.

Personally for me this just sucks, but i'm just one and who knows I could have my new device this week for all I know.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican

I agree with what your saying but again different areas of a job. When I worked at Best Buy and a TV was on sale and some wanted it but we didn't have it and could not order it, we couldn't give them a ETA as the system doesn't allow that and doesn't know. So we took down their numbers and called them when it was in.

Sadly the only option Rogers had is to send out text messages and or emails letting customers know what's going on and that's all. A ETA is great but if they don't hit thay and miss it, many if u will be back complaining. So they are saving that from happening. Remember a ETA Is not alwayscorrect .

trimaican
I plan to stick around
agreed it is sad @Meowmix mainly because someone like me is okay if the dates have to move a couple of times where for others that just antagonizes them even more which like you said just adds fuel to their fire.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican

Exactly. Agreed with that. With that being said I hope they bring them soon.

Tombolo
I've been around

FYI, I have been told by a Rogers rep that the 3-4 week estimate only includes business days.  A very odd way of describing a week, but I suppose that nothing surprises me anymore.  This is the chat transcript.

07:01:50 PM [Kassai] Please keep in mind 3-4 weeks business days only.
07:04:23 PM [Me] Wait... you are saying that 3-4 weeks actually is 5-6 weeks because weekend days are not included?
07:06:36 PM [Kassai] That is correct.

07:09:44 PM [Me] That is odd. I am glad that you clarified that. I imagine most customers, when told to wait a week, would expect to wait 7 days and not 9.
07:10:32 PM [Kassai] Thank you for your understanding. And yes I know this can be confusing.

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix and then you run into situations like @Tombolo encounters  and just throws more confustion into the mix

benbar21
I plan to stick around

@Tombolo 

I've been told the opposite by Rogers. What they have told me from the beginning is that there was a 3-4 week backorder starting from October 4th, so the phones for those who preordered should start to ship between the 25th and 1st of october. These were the dates they gave me, and so that would mean that at least some people at Rogers use week in the standard english sense (7 days). 

I feel like your rep was confused. When there is a shipping estimate it is definitley business days (unless they pay for weekend delivery), and so perhaps she got confused by that?

@Meowmix think I'm right here?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trimaican @Tombolo

This is why i say always take what they are saying with a grain of salt. Every rep has a different answers to the same question. You never know what the truth is and no its weekends included. The rep seems lost.

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Well, on the bright side of things....

When this phone finally arrives, I'll know for sure if it is going to blow up or not like my note 7 haha.

Im actually liking the 6p I bought last week anyhow. Now that I have this phone I'm not in a rush for the pixel.

I now have dropped from #104 to #98 in the list for the 128gb silver XL. People are starting to jump ship, Google!

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Hey @Meowmix,

Do you or anyone know what will happen to our pre order bonuses if we end up getting our phones after Oct 31? Do you think Rogers will extend the offer of the 2 extra GB per month?

From what I remember the manufacturer bonuses (in this case the Google chrome cast and play card) are "while quantities last" but I wonder how Rogers will handle it on their end?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robx7fcna

My thinking on this is that Rogers is aware of what is going on and most likely will extend it because of the issues going on.

Now with Google Play Card and the Chrome cast indeed it is while quantities last but we shall see. Again no one has the actual answer here. Everyone gets a different answers.