cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Alacrity

Again no one knows when they will get shipments and when it will finally get shipped out. It should be soon i hope.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
I had to pull the trigger. Got a 128gb black pixel on Kijiji. No one from Rogers could tell me when my phone would be delivered. Guess I miss out on the extra 2 GB but 14 GB is more than entirely hardly ever go over 10. I also miss out on the 50 play dollars but I did save 190$ and I don't have to wait till God knows when for my phone.

So far I have to say I'm super impressed. I was able to retire my s7 edge, which I couldn't do with the iPhone 7. As funny as this may sound the pixel is the best iPhone ever!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

Not bad! It's always great to try a new device!

makovy
I plan to stick around

Still patiently waiting. Honestly I'm not in a huge rush to get my phone, but I'm also just eager to have a new device after waiting about a year for the release (was expecting another Nexus around this time). I'll just be happy if I receive it before the end of November at this point. Of course in a perfect world I'd wish to get it as soon as possible but hey, life isn't meant to be fair and beautiful

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @makovy

Exactly! That's how everyone should think really unless they don't have a device to use. Then I can understand.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Opened another line on Friday to try the Pixel. I always like trying different devices. I thought I was going to miss the Note 7 going the iPhone 7 Plus. Don't miss the Note 7 one bit actually. iPhone 7 Plus has been amazing. The Pixel is nice and all but not for me. Google assistant is cool and Better than Siri on a good amount of points. But I'm too spoiled with crazy battery life on the 7 Plus, iMessage, better optimized apps on iOS and just complete fluid experience on the 7 Plus. Nice phone for sure but not for everyone

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Believe it or not I wanted the Pixel XL but at the end of the day, it looks like the iPhone, it doesn't have a SD card slot like the Note 7 does, no waterproofing or dust proof which what the Note 7 has and is a need for me as I use the phone in rain or snow, tech support isn't like Apple where u can walk into a Apple store and get things fixed and more. I wish they didn't recall the Note 7 but my choice was the iPhone 7 Plus.

sabesh
I plan to stick around
What do you like about the Pixel over the S7 Edge? Thx.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
S7 edge is a good phone. I had it a few weeks. I'm the kinda guy that doesn't want to buy a phone that is already 6 months old etc. That's just me. I would buy a Pixel over the S7 edge any day. Again you can read up on both phones and use them 14 days/30 min to decide. Try both out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sabesh

2 different from phones. The S7 edge has edge screens where the Pixel doesn't. The S7 edge iswwaterlogged where the Pixel isn't. The S7 edge has a SD card slot where the Pixel doesn't. The S7 edge had Exynos ChipsetCPU where the Pixel doesn't and u can see the difference in the battery and speeds. Also more.

It all depends. Go into the store and use the demo of the S7 edge or u can upgrade to the S7 edge and don't talk more then 30 minutes on the phone for 15 days. That's how return policy.

johnchartrand
I'm here a lot

I've found the pre-order and notification process to be subpar. I have been notified nothing and have only a 3-4 week estimated delivery date. I haven't received any emails from Rogers and cannot tell anything from "My Rogers"...

Is there a reliable way to tell where I sit in line? No agent has been able to help with this, yet.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnchartrand

Did you do the My Rogers Reservation System via the My Rogers account? Or did you do the Ship to home? If u picked Shipped to home then you won't see what line u are in or a number as its not a reservation system which show u.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
That's all the information anyone who is waiting for a Pixel has as far as I know.

Probably when Google sends out its next shipment out they will be able to satisfy all or most pre orders but no one really knows.

All we can do is wait.

I opted to 'ship to home' as I hoped it'd be quicker. I guess maybe I'll be able to check back in a week or so. I wish I'd have understood this prior to ordering.

And wait I will, thanks for the info!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnchartrand

Well reserving a device gives you a reservation number and a Rogers store location which u would like the device to be shipped too. The reservation system does not charge u up front but u do get charged a $40 reservation fee which will be credited back to u if the reservation is cancelled orshipped out .

The Ship To Me option is just them shipping you the device and you paying upfront for the device and u don't need to go into a store and do all the paperwork.

Unfortunately this is new and never seen this before or else i would have added it on my first post on page 1. It's up to Google on how many devices they five to Rogers and when. Once that happens, hopefully they give eveyone who is waiting for one, one device :)m

No need to thank me, just doing my job :).

I still appreciate feeling like I'm not the only person who's found this a bit confusing.

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnchartrand

No worries we are all confused on how this works lol. It's a new system which now we see how it works so later on we can help others :).

ozeor
I'm here a lot

I had a note 7 and was pretty happy with it. When mine got recalled I switched to a Iphone 7 Plus 256gb. I am really enjoying the phone over all. Couple of small things bother me, but I am looking for a pixel XL because I want the new samsung gear 3 watch. So I know....first world problems...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ozeor

Well Samsung did say they would release the app for the Samsung smart watches to work with the iPhone line. Honestly i have the Samsung Gear S2 and I don't miss using the call and texting features as it drains the battery faster and the phone battery faster while using Bluetooth lol.

ozeor
I'm here a lot

I heard it was coming too, but so far I have no clue when.