Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Hello @Jinxkitty

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately there is no actual time frame on when it will arrive. They said 3-6 weeks but it could come earlier or later. Unfortunately it's a huge delay on Google side and Rogers side as well. Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

sounds like an episode of TV, stay tuned!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Lol well what else do u want people to say.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
So I did not reserve in advance having had less than stellar experiences with the s6 edge and note 7. I just figured I'd walk in the store Thursday morning and pick one up. Which is what I can always ended up doing regardless of being #1 or 7 in the reservation line. Since the had no 128gb anywhere. I went on the site and saw that the offer for the gplay money and Chromecast were still there. So I ordered the phone went all the way to the end of the order but never got a confirmation email. Nothing in my spam or junk folder either. It did say I would get my phone in 3 to 5 days tho. I'm just not sure if I should believe that.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

Its a generic message that shows "3-5 business days". Same is said on most carrier website but there is back order on them. I have ordered phones before that I never got the email as well. Just got a email saying it was shipped out and that's all. If u call in and they see its been placed, u should be fine.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ah, thank you for the reply. I wasn't aware it could be 3-6 weeks. I'll give it a bit more time to see how it progesses but not too much as I do not want to be out the money I paid for the Note 7 and I don't have a back-up. At least somebody will happy to move up in line when/if I cancel reservation. Thanks again for the additional info. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jinxkitty

Yeah i hear you on that!
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Then I can just buy a phone outright on Kijiji and refuse the phone I get from Rogers in 6 weeks?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

Your choice!. You can refuse the phone at the door when it gets delivered and it will get sent back and fake a couple of days for them to reverse everything. Just get them to add the IMEI number of the phone u buy on the account t and make sure it's either unlocked or locked to Rogers
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone got any information regarding the date limited promotion to get the 2GB of extra data for 12 months and $50 Google Play store credit?  According to the wording on the website, this promotion ends on the 31st.  I waited for over an hour to speak with someone on the phone about this but they didn't really have an answer.  They said that they have to have the IMEI of the new phone to activate the plan before the cut off date or you wouldn't receive this promotion...  The Chromecast is supposed to be the Pre-order bonus for pre-ordering before Oct. 19th I believe, so I presume everyone should expect to receive this no matter how long we wait...

This info is here:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions?asc_icid=home_sidebanner_slot1_PixelGWP#PixelGWP...

For: New and Existing Customers

Pixel, Phone by Google is the first phone with the Google Assistant built in, stunning photography day or night, and unlimited storage for all your photos and videos.

Limited time offer! Purchase and activate Pixel or Pixel XL, Phone by Google by October 31st on select 2-year Share EverythingTM plans1 and get:

• 2GB of bonus data for 12 months to share even more memories.1
  • $50 Google Play credit to download apps, music, movies and more! Must be redeemed by December 31, 2016.1