cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

@ozeor

The first post states it Canada wide for you reservation number. 

JacobM1
I plan to stick around
I was told that it's rogers wide.

This wait is legit killing me lol

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

@JacobM1

I feel you on the wait but I have a decently working phone now so I shouldnt be complaining. I'll get it when I get it. Still excited though, switching over to Android from iOS so I'm pretty stoked.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ozeor

As advised is my first post, its Canada wide.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JacobM1

Canada wide on the Rogers Reservation System. So it's Canada wide only for the Rogers Reservation System as i explained on my first post on page one.

ozeor
I'm here a lot

I think I'm screwed then, I have until Wednesday to return my Iphone 7 plus 256gb. I wanted to get the pixel XL 128gb. So I might be stuck.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ozeor

Did you use more then 30 minutes on the iPhone?

ozeor
I'm here a lot

I bought it direct from apple.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ozeor

Outright or a 2 year term?. If outright then you should be fine and return it but if it was on a 2yr term and u passed the 30 minute return policy, then u can't return it.

In my opinion if u have a secondary phone then use ths time being or ask a friend to lone u one until then if u really want the Pixel.

ozeor
I'm here a lot

I bought it outright with no plan or anything. They told me 14 days to return in, so I have until Wednesday.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ozeor

Yes as explained on my post above as well. So then either return it back and use a loner phone if u can or keep it if you can not get a loner phone and do not have a secondary device with u. That's a choice you have to make until Wednesday.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

my jaw dropped when i saw an email from rogers yesterday afternoon.

only to find out it was my monthly bill. dang it. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

Lol aww 😞 haha.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

has anyone noticed rogers removed free chromecast from the exclusive deals?  

my apoplogizes if this was already brought up on previous post. 

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

@pixel_xl

I believe and someone else please confirm but I believe that was the pre order deal so it was due to end October 19th and now that its after that date its no longer a thing but I belive if you pre ordered before October 19th and they still have quantities then I think you'll still get it.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Sh4no wrote:

@pixel_xl

I believe and someone else please confirm but I believe that was the pre order deal so it was due to end October 19th and now that its after that date its no longer a thing but I belive if you pre ordered before October 19th and they still have quantities then I think you'll still get it.

thats true my bad. didn't notice an end date to it.

but ill take a chromecast ultra to make up for the wait. *hint*hint*

sabesh
I plan to stick around

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix I don't know if you can answer me this. So being familiar with the whole pretty order gong show I opted to just buy the pixel outright on release day. Now when I realized that no one had the 128gb version in stock I went to the Rogers website. The play $ and I Chromecast was still advertised.
So I ordered the phone but it wasn't like the previous order that gets shipped to a store. I ordered it to my house. In the end it showed me what my first bill would look like and that I would get my phone in 3 to 5 days.
I got no confirmation email. When I go back to the reservation page it let's me start the process over instead of showing my place in line. When I call in they tell me that it's been ordered but no one can tell me more than that. They say I should get it in the middle of next week.
I'm kind of confused about the whole process. Can you bring me some clarity?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

So u reserved the device the first time, then opt to buy it from the Rogers site and have it shipped to the house? If i am correct. So not ur saying that the reservation does not appear and when you call in they can see the order but can't see anything else.

Okay so first when you do Ship To Home it doesn't give you a number and you are not on the reservation list. That's a separate system. Second did you check your junk folder an spam folder?

Jinxkitty
I've been here awhile

I pre-ordered the Pixel XL 128 silver to replace my Note 7 with the understanding that the Pixel would arrive before the Note 7 refund deadline I was given (Nov.30). Now with the due to inventory shortage text about the Pixel, I'm wondering if there is anyway to know that the Pixel will arrive before that Nov.30 deadline. I had to reserve to store because I have to return the Note 7. Also, what's the point of reserving if there is no guarentee that they will have sufficient stock for pre-orders regardless if you pay up front or pick up at the store? I don't care about the pre-order extras, I just need the phone so that I can stop dealing with the Note 7 fiasco. Any information? Thanks. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jinxkitty

Welcome to the forums. Unfortunately there is no actual time frame on when it will arrive. They said 3-6 weeks but it could come earlier or later. Unfortunately it's a huge delay on Google side and Rogers side as well. Stay tuned for more information when it becomes available.