Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Hello @kavkaz

Its true but look over St my other Thread with the iPhone 7. No carrier got the JB iPhone Plus model at launched and got th email weeks later meanwhile Apple was selling them for weeks and even at launch.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Thats what usually happens lol. They have a systems which flags repeated callers lol
shrander
I Plan to Stick Around

@kavkaz

Sounds like internationally almost everyone didn't get xl devices or the 128GB ones. Rogers is just the retailer. They're at the whim of their supplier, Google. It's easy to blame Rogers, as they're the ones we have our phones with, but it's obvious that it's an issue everywhere. In the big scheme of things Canada is a super small market economically, and rogers is a super small company when it comes to scale. If they had to choose between sending 200 devices to Canada and giving 200 more devices to Verizon, who is 10x larger than Rogers and local, they'd simply distribute the stock to local markets first.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @shrander

Exactly. Look at Canada with the Note 7. We only got 22,000 of them yet in the states over a million got devices. Samsung picked to ship more blue ones to them and also composition to them then us. Then the recall happens. Same as with the iPhone. Some in the states got the Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus but here in Canada we barely got any.
Krrax
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm done with Rogers thats for sure.

Anyone know if I payout my device blance & run the OEM unlock on the pixel from the devloper options will I be able to use this phone on other networks... Or does the Rogers 90 day thing apply and lock the phone?

shrander
I Plan to Stick Around

@Krrax

According to what I was reading, the Pixel is not locked to any specific carrier due to it being a Pixel/Nexus type device.
370gt
I've Been Here Awhile

I haven't got the text about a delay yet, so hopefully they ship my device sometime soon.

32GB XL Silver, 10th in line right now

And it may not be Roger's fault, but it doesn't matter if you don't communicate to your customer. They knew how many devices they were getting weeks and weeks ago, yet they decided not to communicate. I work for a retailer, and if we have supply issues we would tell our customers asap. A message 4 or 5 days before launch of this device saying "Due to manufacturing issues, we will be recieving a much smaller shipment than first expected. Our estimated new ship date is X, however we will keep you informed of any changes to that date" would have gone a looooong way to keeping this at bay.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Krrax

If you cancel your account and buy out the device full price then u can pay the $50 and have them unlock it for u. If you upgrade on the account then u just wait the 90 days to have Rogers unlock it for u.

From what i heard the Pixel is unlocked.
Krrax
I Plan to Stick Around

I'll try sticking my girlfriends fido sim in my phone today and confirm if it works.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Krrax

Let us know!