cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

i am sure this will get sorted out.. but i have to waste more time fixing this mess.. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Have you spoken to a Rogers manager to see what they can do? They can't force u to pay a device u are returning orexchanging .

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @kavkaz

Have you spoken to a Rogers manager to see what they can do? They can't force u to pay a device u are returning orexchanging .

i figured it out.. they put a subsidy of $450 and a credit of $260 on my bill. instead i asked to apply the credit to the subsidy 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Ah okay makes sense.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
They reversed the Note 7 charge on my account.

But my subsidy didn't get changed back, and neither did my early upgrade fee from my S7E early hup to Note 7

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Prospect wrote:
They reversed the Note 7 charge on my account.

But my subsidy didn't get changed back, and neither did my early upgrade fee from my S7E early hup to Note 7

welcome to the mess..

if my accounting staff worked like this they would be fired on the spot..  i did the full rec and provide it to Rogers and still they couldn't or didnt want to follow the math.. its not that hard..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

It should have changed back. When I had the issue, the Office of the President removed the IMEI Number and also put back my flextab to the one I had from.fhe iPhone 6S Plus last year ($225 owing). Also my gf when returned the Note 7 hers went back to how it was before but she was off contract.

Did u contact Rogers management about this?

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

So I pre-ordered a Pixel XL 128GB on October 6. Do we seriously have no idea when they are even being shipped? The ones from Google.com are shipping to Canada from my understanding. 

I can't find any information regarding when I should expect my device to ship, are we able to get some sort of estimate here? Why are customers that pre-orerded not being emailed about this?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ronux25

You won't as its not in the inventory yet. You will receive a email once it ships out from the warehouse.

shrander
I plan to stick around

Just got a text:

Rogers msg: Thanks for your recent device pre-order! We just want to let you know that due to the overwhelming popularity of your new device, there is an inventory shortage so wait times are longer than expected. You may experience a longer wait time for your order. We apologize for the inconvenience.

petemcdonnell
I plan to stick around
Just got an automated SMS from Rogers:

Rogers msg: Thanks for your recent device pre-order! We just want to let you know that due to the overwhelming popularity of your new device, there is an inventory shortage so wait times are longer than expected. You may experience a longer wait time for your order. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

Thanks for sharing. I currently dont have a rogers mobile device so I would never of seen this. I wonder what "longer then expected" means ahahaha.

polish_pat
I've been here awhile

When I signed into Rogers about 2 days ago under the pixel XL in the shop section it said "shipping in 3-4 weeks" and judging by the the fact were realease day +1 and nobody has any information it seems like it might very well be that long. Well cant complain about keeping my Note 7 longer, they can text me 5 times a day to bring it back but I have no intention of doing so unless I get the Pixel

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

@shrander

Just got the same message....I like how they say due to the overwhelming popularity of the device there is an inventory shortage... well seeing how I was 14th in Canada to order that particular device i wouldnt say shortage... I would say they didnt order any. 

Ronux25
I plan to stick around

Wouldnt that be crazy though? I mean.. whats the purpose of a pre-order if they don;t actually order the devices we are pre-ordering? The whole purpose of it is to know how many deivces they need so they customer can avoid having to wait "several weeks" for them to have stock.

This is my very first time pre-ordering a device and so far it has been an awful experiance. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

As per the text. They seem to have a outage on getting inventory so at the moment we all have to wait to get it. Again Google is putting more inventory or most of it towards their sells online. Carriers only get a small percentage if anything. So wait patiently and it will come. If some need a phone asap, try getting a loner device or get a similar phone to that one or the other option is Google.

shrander
I plan to stick around
@Sh4no

It's definitely an international shortage from what I've seen online. It was just a generic message. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an automated text. I'd love to see "why" they're short, but it's not likely we'll ever find out. Could be anything really, from component shipping to factory issues, to miss interpreting how popular it would be, to just not wanting to hold back launch of the pixel for more inventory of the pixel xl.

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ronux25

Again we can't blame Rogers for a shortage from the manufacturers. This is something many don't understand. Carriers and companies do pre orders to insure their customers they can get one. Due to a shortage from either the manufacturing of the device or parts, its holding off on the pre orders. Now the carriers can't do much other then send out messages and let customers know.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @shrander

Even if Rogers knew what was the shortage, Google must give then the green light to answer the to the customers. Unfortunately on their end it seems tied.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @shrander

Even if Rogers knew what was the shortage, Google must give then the green light to answer the to the customers. Unfortunately on their end it seems tied.

would be great to know how the supply chain works at Rogers when it comes to new devices. it cant be that complicated..  either way I feel this is a hit to their reputation for not being able to secure ANY devices for launch.