cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

bgdhdfghdhdf
I've been around

is the pixel xl locked to rogers? can anyone confirm?

sabesh
I plan to stick around

Are the Pixels from Rogers SIM / Carrier unlocked like their Nexus line?

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
Almist 100% sure that we were told the Rogers phones will be carrier sim locked. If you wabt ab unlocked device, order from Google

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Well I did it... just bought a 6p to tie me over till the 128gb xl comes in.

skip501
I plan to stick around

I picked up my Google Pixel this afternoon from Rogers. First off, it's a sweet device. It feels great in the hand, and the build quility is certainly on par with the iPhone (I have an iPhone 7 too).

Can anyone tell me if WiFi Calling is coming to the Pixel or VoLTE?

Obviously, the Pixel supports these features, but they need to be activated on Rogers network for this device. It would be nice to have feature parity with the iPhone (otherwise, it really is an unfair advantage to Apple).

Please give me a like and reply/comment if you picked up your Pixel (or will pick one up soon) and you want Rogers to enable WiFi Calling and VoLTE.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @skip501

Rogers will indeed have those services working but at the moment there isn't any information on when. That's something they will say soon. Stay tuned.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robx7fcna

Thats good. At least u can use a device right now

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

was there any cases or screen protectors available?

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix Yeah man, almost a week without a phone is enough haha.

This will give me a taste of what Google has to offer until I get the real deal.

@pixel_xl I always get my cases on Amazon through spigen Canada. They are never more than 2 days and the ultra hybrid clear gel case is really nice. I have one waiting for my xl so whenever it comes haha

Krrax
I plan to stick around

Really? you also need the 5GB plans to get the $50 play credit too??? They FULLY Screwed me. I should have just gotten the Best Buy 100$ giftcard offer. Can't believe it. The person in store even told me I'd get the $50 play credit.....liars,  I'm DONE with this company for sure this time. 

cabooch
I plan to stick around

been using my 7+ all day idek if i want pixel anymore weirdly ( this coming from a man whos used droid for 6.5 years)

i might not return....

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
I was going to try and hold out for the Pixel XL 128GB when returning my a Note 7 but I knew this would end up happening and be back ordered for weeks and weeks. Also not knowing 100% if Wifi Calling and VOLTE would be enable on the device.

Ended up getting a 7 Plus 256GB which I'm extremely happy with and has everything I need and want. Maybe I'll try next years Pixel

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Honestly i was gonna get the Pixel but alot drew me back from it.. So thus why i got the iPhone 7 Plus.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

Its a great phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kraxx

If i remember correctly they did put it on the fine print but i wonder why they did the 5GB or more plan.. Many don't havethat .

" Offer available for a limited time and subject to change. Available with purchase and activation of Pixel on a 2-year Share Everything Plan having minimum 5GB data (minimum 6GB in QC and MB). Activation on an eligible plan must be completed by October 31, 2016 to receive the offer. Connection fee of $20/line applies (for new device/line only) to active your services. Early cancellation fees apply in accordance with your Wireless Services Agreement. Bonus data will be applied within 4-6 weeks of activation.

Google Play credit promo code will be sent within 10-15 days upon activation via SMS and can be redeemed at http://play.google.com/redeem. Promo code must be redeemed by December 31, 2016. No compensation or credit will be given to customers who do not redeem within the eligible offer period"

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
@hello @Kraxx

If i remember correctly they did put it on the fine print but i wonder why they did the 5GB or more plan.. Many don't havethat .

" Offer available for a limited time and subject to change. Available with purchase and activation of Pixel on a 2-year Share Everything Plan having minimum 5GB data (minimum 6GB in QC and MB). Activation on an eligible plan must be completed by October 31, 2016 to receive the offer. Connection fee of $20/line applies (for new device/line only) to active your services. Early cancellation fees apply in accordance with your Wireless Services Agreement. Bonus data will be applied within 4-6 weeks of activation.

Google Play credit promo code will be sent within 10-15 days upon activation via SMS and can be redeemed at http://play.google.com/redeem. Promo code must be redeemed by December 31, 2016. No compensation or credit will be given to customers who do not redeem within the eligible offer period"

i have a 15 gig plan. hope to get the extra 2. but how? no information on who to get it. 

also i didnt get the chromecast 😞

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I've got to laugh at the arbitrary date they have attached to the offer of October 31st... It seems alalmost certain that we won't get our phone until sone time in November anyway.

I'll probably just cancel my pre-order after this date because it's not even worth going through the hassle of dealing with Rogers. I'll just get mine direct from Google and my Rogers bill won't get messed up like it dies every year (and is already because of the Note 7. I'm almost 100% sure I didn't get the $25 credit for my returned unit but I won't truly know until I get my bill in a couple weeks...

Uggmo
I've been here awhile

@JoshuaAustin Yeah, I'm really hoping they do something about that. I mean, if I get my phone before then I'll be able to activate my plan, but we should be given buffer if the phones aren't available  by that time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Thats the best route to take at this point as no one knows what is going on and what the actual date is.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

I wonder if they send u a link where u can purchase the chrome cast with a coupon of the price?

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @kavkaz

I wonder if they send u a link where u can purchase the chrome cast with a coupon of the price?

may be..  

here is the latest:

1) got my pixel yesterday.

2) i had $200 remaining on my note 7

3) rogers wants me to pay off $200, even though i returned note 7and they are not giving me credit for the $860 paid off on pixel..