Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy
Hoping so! Previous phone was a nexus 5, screen shattered when girlfriend sat on my lap and bent the phone. Borrowed an LG G3, lost it looking for a matress for my girlfriend, and no I have an Iphone 4!!!! it is so painful :(. Really excited for this phone!! But thanks for the reply!
Got my pixel black 32gb.
350$ pre order for share everything plan.
I go to pick it up and I'm informed I'm being charged 650$ Because I'm not on a remium PLUS tab... I have a share everything premium tab loyalty plan. There's just no winning with these people. I'm most likely gonna payout the only 400$ remaining device balance at this point and go somewhere else. 85$ month for 2 gb is atrocious and paying almost full price for a phone and signing another 2 yrs is stupid.
Might as well pay the balance and never sign with Rogers again. Bring my own device to someone else and pay only 40-60 a month for 2gb
Thanks again Rogers for the things you always pull.
When I was pre-ordering and selected "select existing plan" they gave me the $679 price. Otherwise like you said it was lower + changing to premium plus, paying more a month, essentially worthless. Just surprised you didn't see the price change when selecting your plan
Yeah, I never saw it change to 650 or 675 ever. big surprise when I took delivery. 85$ a month is a rip off at this point. I'll pay out the balance and drop Rogers. Their sister Fido can even subsidize 700$ towards a phone ($350 for pixel xl 32gb) for 90$ a month plan with 2gb. as a fresh customer. So why am I, as a 10 yr customer on Rogers having to pay 650 and still have 85$ monthly bill for 2gb. Absurd. Absolute garbage Robbery.
Anyone get the 50$ Google play credit? Probably some other fine print thing we don't get unless you have some absurd 130$ a month plan as well.
Yep, you need to have a minimum of 5GB data plan in order to be eligible for that promo LOL. Garbage.