Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Hello @petemcdonnell

They all do that so they can secure u from going somewhere else or at least u have one saved for you when they get stock. Again it could be both parties not wanting to say much as they know they will lose customers BUT Rogers did post something but many failed to see it. They posted " Will Ship Put within 3-4 weeks depending on manufactures inventory ". But I do agree they should have said more.
JacobM1
I Plan to Stick Around

Where did rogers say that? I'm not seeing anything on the website except the launch date which is today.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JacobM1

They posted that yesterday on the Pixel XL page under devices but seems like they removed it this morning. Also you can see this device is " Reserve" so that also gives him a hint they have none.
JacobM1
I Plan to Stick Around

It shouldnt be a "hint" They should straight up say, we wont have them on launch. This is joke.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JacobM1

If you think it's a joke, go over to Google and order it from there. You have that option as well.

Needless to say, they should have kept it up instead of changing the wording or removing it. I wonder why they removed it.
JoshuaAustin
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a frustrated Nite 7 refugee waiting for my Pixel XL 128GB BLACK but based on my research this is certainly not a problem with Rogers or their pre-order system. This is Google. We are seeing the same reports if little to no availability of this device in the USA as well.

I honestly think they underestimated the popularity of a 128gb 5.5" device which is definitely a shame considering the features they are touring with VR and 4k video etc. are perfectly matched for this exact device...

My Note 5 32gb is constantly full and when I had to start using it as my daily driver, I had to remove all if the VR content to give myself enough space to use the phone...

Anyhow the best people can do is join the waiting list from google and see if they get it in before Rogers. In the mean time, go to the store and check out the device in person. I think that will convince you it is worth the wait, long and unknown as it may be...

For Note 7 folks that are stuck with no phone to fall back on, it would be a nice gesture for Rogers to make sine arrangement for a loaner device while they wait for the Pixel devices to be available but I doubt that will happen. If I was in this position, I would certainly ask...
Uggmo
I've Been Here Awhile

IMPORTANT EDIT: This is not the case. Twitter made a mistake.

Just recently their support twitter noted that loaner phones were only for when a phone is in for repair (as an answer to someone in the Note 7 issue)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Uggmo

Incorrect. The stores will lone u out a device if u need one. You pay a $50 deposit fee and ur set.

The only option they have is either wait and get a loner phone which u have to pay $50 deposit down for it and make sure you mark down what u see aka scratches, damage and such or get another device.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JoshuaAustin

Rogers does have a loner phone program... They even announced this in the Note 7 Reservation thread I made many times. You pay a $50 deposit fee which u will get back once u return the phone. Problem is that many don't want to go that option.
Uggmo
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix Sorry, I was trying to respond to buddy above me and forgot to tag him.

For the time being, I have my phone and am just waiting patiently on my pixel to get to Rogers.

If the people who do need a loaner because of the Note 7 can get one, then the Customer Service Twitter should be indicating that rather than saying that it's reserved for people's whose devices are out for repair.