Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kavkaz
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

@pixel_xl wrote:

came back from rogers store dundas and yonge.  they only carried one black pixel xl in 32gb.

as for the smaller pixel.  i believe they may have both colour and capacities on hand.

call ahead just to be sure.

haha.. i just got that ONE 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

Glad u got the device and enjoy it!!
pat767
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed. I need to return my Note 7 before I fly out Saturday next week. My choice is the Pixel XL 128GB in silver.

I don't want the S7 Edge... screen is smaller which is why I love my Note 7. Most definitely don't want to move to Apple, so iPhone 7 Plus is a no-go.

What to do?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pat767

Honestly at this point you can't do anything unless is some sort of way u find that one and get it. It's going to be hard but the decision is urs. You will have to serender the Note 7 at the airport if u try to take it or leave it at home and not use a phone if u really want the Pixel XL silver that bad.
pat767
I Plan to Stick Around

What alternatives do I have to my Note 7 or Pixel XL?
chrisfang
I've Been Here Awhile

Just asked the local store and they have the 32gb xl in stock.  Thus, I cancelled my reservation on the 128gb model; hope it would be enough storage space.  Can't wait!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pat767

I got the iPhone 7 Plus and loving it.. While yes its nothing compared to the Note 7, its still a phone to use. I know it comes down to preference but at this moment u either go without a phone or take what u can get. I got a steal price on the iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB so i went ahead and got that one.
JoshuaAustin
I Plan to Stick Around

I went to a non-corporate Rogers store. They didn't receive any Pixel devices. But they did have demo units of the Pixel and the Pixel XL. The Pixel was stuck at sone weird Android boot screen for sone reason and the employee said ,that one is broken". LOL.

Anyhow I got sone hands on time with the Pixel XL and it is amazing... The speed compared to my Note 7 and Note 5 us nothing compared to how responsive and great this phone felt. Flipping between two windows is so easy, split screen works quickly and efficiently too and is much quicker and more consistently than on my Note devices...

Short is as I suspected. The software experience is THE BEST ever, the hardware isn't as nice making the device overpriced in sone respects.

I think it will be worth the wait. I joined the waiting list with the Google store a few days ago, so whoever gets the 128gb black Pixel XL available gets my money. I'm way more excited than I was before. This thing is nice.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chrisfang

Thats why I don't go for any 32GB models. While yes they have unlimited cloud storage, i rather have the storage on the device or memory card. Plus I have 2TD with Dropbox. So i am all set lol.
Sh4no
I Plan to Stick Around

Well looks like I'm not getting a pixel anytime soon. Pre ordered on Oct 4th for the smaller pixel 128GB Black and sitting at #14 but its still open.

I see some this thread that they didnt get any 128 in the XL but did they not not get any in the 5" one either? By the sounds of it looks like I should of ordered directly from Google as they were shipping some out from the sounds of it.