cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

benbar21
I plan to stick around
Yea but it isn't initiating the deal. Retentions has given me the deal and an interaction number, and told me to get the Rogers I buy the phone from to call in order to get authorization for the deal. I just wonder if Bestbuy will also be able to do this.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

Why don't you call in before getting the phone and then go get the phone? Don't really see the point of wasting the reps time at the store calling in and trying to add something that u were given and could be done within minutes on the phone.

Best Buy can call in and but their systems won't allow to change the plan to a retentions deal. So they would have to call in just like u and wait on the phone until someone picks up and does it. Then they have to wait until the system reflects the change and then do the upgrade.

You can avoid all this by calling in and changing it before going to the store. I worked for Best Buy and in their Mobile section and most reps dislike doing this because it's time consuming. It's easier for the customer to call in before going to the store. It's easier for them to do the transaction then calling in, verifying the Interaction ID and having the rep change the plan. Do remember they have to be transferred to a retentions rep which can take more time.

This goes for all Rogers Plus stores as well. They would have to call in and do eveything Best Buy will do and then do the upgrade which is time consuming as well. So either to call in ur self, have them change the plan and once u get to the store, all they need to do is the upgrade. Verysimple .

benbar21
I plan to stick around

Because retentions won't be able to give me the deal if it isn't with an activation, unfortunately.  

Like I called and asked if I could do the deal before hand and then just pick up the phone and they said that it is impossible because the deal I am getting is dependent on having a new activation (I'm getting a deal beyond the standard retentions deal.) I agree that it would be much easier if I could do it before hand, but unfortunately I cannot (the deal with cost $15 more a month if I were to get it without a 2 year contract, and they are unable to adjust it after the fact).

But so Bestbuy will be able to do this just as much as Rogers Plus can?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

I would say yes they could but i would suggest calling into the location before hand or go and speak to them to see if they can. It's not a guaranteed that both Rogers Plus or Best Buy can do that. Give it a shot and see.

I would also call back to make sure that this is a deal for in store as well. Most if not all retention deals that involve a upgrade and change of plans are done over the phone and not in store. We shall see how this works out.

benbar21
I plan to stick around
Yea I'll call bestbuy and ask.

I'm sure this deal can be done in store because I specifically asked the retentions guy if I could still buy it in store as I have one reserved and don't want to join the end of the queue for online orders and he said yea so long as I give them the number.

I'll let you know what happens! I've definitely gotten myself into an unusual situation deal-wise.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

We shall see! I hope it works out and u get that deal Plus the phone!

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

today's the day. 

good luck to everyone. may you all get the device your looking for. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

Goodluck my friend! Hopefully you get one!!

petemcdonnell
I plan to stick around

Preordered a Black XL 128G on Oct 11, ship to store option.

Now in position #41, status: open.

Anyone have a guess as to when new stock might arrive?  I've seen people that have ordered later with shipping estimates into November IIRC.  I sure as heck don't want to have to wait that long.

Any info/estimates/guesses?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @petemcdonnell

No one knows what's going on with this model due to most carriers and even Best Buy doesn't have it..so it could take a while to get. Also no one on here as any information on when a new shipment will come. It can take a couple of days to a week. All depends on the manufacturer.

pat767
I plan to stick around
Keep us posted of whit happens today... any XL 128GB orders changing from OPEN to IN PROGRESS, any lucky finds in the stores.

I'm currently #92 for the silver XL 128GB.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pat767

I don't believe you will find any XL 128GB on silver or black but we shall see.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@pat767 wrote:
Keep us posted of whit happens today... any XL 128GB orders changing from OPEN to IN PROGRESS, any lucky finds in the stores.

I'm currently #92 for the silver XL 128GB.

#2 silver xl 128gb no updates yet. 

will be heading over to yonge and dundas store when they open. will post in store availability shortly after. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

I'll be at the Apple store at 10 as i have to exchange the glass screen protector on my iPhone 7 Plus lpLool

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @pixel_xl

I'll be at the Apple store at 10 as i have to exchange the glass screen protector on my iPhone 7 Plus lpLool

you going to the rogers plus store in eaton centre?  

there's is a separte kiosk on the second floor as well.

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

the bay and adelaide store only has 32gb models..

the first canadian place doesn't have any....

mann this is not gonna be a fun day.. i have very limited places i can go to since i have a corporate account and i need back end approval for an upgrade

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jeneric28

Most Rogers stores, Bell and Telus and Best Buy have only 32GB Ones. It's rare u will find a 128GB.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@jeneric28 wrote:

the bay and adelaide store only has 32gb models..

the first canadian place doesn't have any....

mann this is not gonna be a fun day.. i have very limited places i can go to since i have a corporate account and i need back end approval for an upgrade

i got 32 xl by mistake and just before walking out i returned at that store..  NO ONE has 128

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

what the heck is up with these companies mann???

like seriously!! Samsung Google Apple EVERYONE! 

they want me to turn off my friggin phone cause it might blow up but yet they can't provide a replacement... 

my goodness this is a complete cluster (insert swear word here).

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

this is officially the worst launch rogers ever had - not a single phone in stock anywhere

jeneric28
I plan to stick around

well i have a 32gb silver one waiting for me ... 

i might just do it... i'm tired of waiting for a replacement phone for my note 7 ... it's a saftey concern especially around my kids..

i only need it to last me till the s8 comes out so it's not like i am keeping it for over 6 months.. plus i'll be saving money getting the 32gb!