Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

I only asked about the 32 sorry, shouldve clarified..
Im definitely picking one up tomorrow, i guess i have to live with the black.
I really dont care about the back, I'll always have a case on, but i wanted a white front for a change.
All my nexuses been black 😞
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Giroyac

I noticed that as well. Exactly if u have a case on it then it won't matter but some care about the color but it's up to them.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Giroyac wrote:
I only asked about the 32 sorry, shouldve clarified..
Im definitely picking one up tomorrow, i guess i have to live with the black.
I really dont care about the back, I'll always have a case on, but i wanted a white front for a change.
All my nexuses been black 😞

its cool. Thanks for letting us know. 

same here. always wanted to try out a different colour. 

hope the white border wont be too distracting. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pixel_xl

Never once did i ever get a silver or white color. Always been black and Jet Black " for the iPhone 7 Plus.". My gf had the silver Note 7 which i liked alot but never got it due to the recall lol. Only had the black Note 7
I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know here if Bestbuy mobile is able to create retention deals? Like I've spoken to retentions and have been given a deal and a reference number for the deal, and was told that when I got the pixel in store Rogers would be able to call in and get authorization to give me that price. Can bestbuy do the same thing? I didn't realize how much better their preorder deal is (and in my experience bestbuy seems to get more phones than any one rogers store?)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @pixel_xl

Never once did i ever get a silver or white color. Always been black and Jet Black " for the iPhone 7 Plus.". My gf had the silver Note 7 which i liked alot but never got it due to the recall lol. Only had the black Note 7

i would say silver would be a safe colour. smudges does not show up as easily. i had an htc m8 in silver and held up pretty well without a case.

just the white antenna lines started to discolour. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@benbar21 wrote:

Does anyone know here if Bestbuy mobile is able to create retention deals? Like I've spoken to retentions and have been given a deal and a reference number for the deal, and was told that when I got the pixel in store Rogers would be able to call in and get authorization to give me that price. Can bestbuy do the same thing? I didn't realize how much better their preorder deal is (and in my experience bestbuy seems to get more phones than any one rogers store?)

think it only works internally within carriers. 

dont think third party sellers can have authority to initiate deals like that. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @benbar21

Unfortunately no they can not. Only the call center can. Not even the Rogers stores can. So u would need to call in and have it plan changed before getting the device to the retentions plan u got.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pixel_xl

That is correct. Unfortunately only the retentions department can do changes like that. Not even a Rogers corporate store can do retentions plans. Sadly he would have to call in and do it before getting the device wherehever he chooses too.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've already called in, and have a interaction number. I've been told by retentions that if I give that interaction number to the Rogers store that they'll be able to then give me the deal. I currently am on a grandfathered in plan; maybe that makes a difference?

But yea retentions told me that I will be able to get the deal I was promised in store so long as I provide the interaction number. I suppose it makes sense however that only Rogers Pluses can do that?