cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

benbar21
I plan to stick around
I never said I ordered a silver, meowmix. I ordered a black, and he said they would be receiving black 128gb xls.

I chose to listen to a rep over you, partially because you have yet to fully read anything I have written and instead make random assumptions.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Giroyac

Most likely. That's why i said most with that one won't get them at launch when some rather believe a rep which does that haveinformation..

The stores received only black ones. The silver seems to be having a shortage or a issue manufacturing them. That's why most carriers don't have it of not all.

maybe the white panel on the back may discolour or yellow due to heat. 

not to spread rumors. just saying. 

benbar21
I plan to stick around
They had black 128gb xls in stock today? Good sign for those (like me) who ordered black I suppose

cabooch
I plan to stick around

I'm telling you guys... unfortunately we are getting the silent shaft from rogers.... I love this! First they want my Note 7 back.. now they cant even provide me with the device i want at launch... 

Sad part is im not even surprised....  i think im going to call in and request some form of compensation because this is starting to be more of a total inconvienience and less of a minor hiccupp..

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @pixel_xl

Ditch the silver one I would say. If it's gonna a take longer then expected then do it and u rather have a phone over a color. Remember most put cases over the color right.

thats true. only reason i ordered silver was to match my pixel tablet. 

if they have the black its cool. if not ill wait it out. 

whatever happens happens. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

Competition for what ? To saying anything? Don't expect to get much. Also on the site it shows this

" Will ship after manufacturer's official launch date pending device availability"

So really you won't get much even if u demand it as its on the site and it's printed there. Rogers doesn't have to tell it's customers anything really.

Again i see ur point and believe me i went through alot with the Note 7 " go read what happened to see ". Just saying what i see. I do agree they should say something but they don't have too as it shows it on the site under the Google Pixel device on the Devices list.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello@pixel_xl

Exactly. If u wanna wait then ur choice:).

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@cabooch wrote:

I'm telling you guys... unfortunately we are getting the silent shaft from rogers.... I love this! First they want my Note 7 back.. now they cant even provide me with the device i want at launch... 

Sad part is im not even surprised....  i think im going to call in and request some form of compensation because this is starting to be more of a total inconvienience and less of a minor hiccupp..

go back to the store you bought your note from and explain your situation. im sure they could make an exception. 

cabooch
I plan to stick around

See the issue here becomes it was clear from the begining ( given the fact best buy wasnt even preordering them), that the 128gb Silver XL probably isnt going to be in stores....  But instead of rogers doing the right thing by their customers and either notifiying customers who did reserve these of said delays, or not have them reservable at all..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

Do i agree with you? Yes i do and I said this many times but as a company they can do what they want and not notify anyone until the day of the launch. Again i have seen bigger companies do this including Best Buy. should they be doing this? Absolutely not. They should inform customers on what's going on.

Also as for the Note 7 part. It's been recalled by Samsung Corporation which they told customers to return the devices immediately and shut them down. So in reality Rogers did what the manufacturer told them to do and told u to do. They told u to do something that is in their right to do. You went and gave it back. No your waiting for that device and yes they should say something but again it's their choice to do so.

Good evening users!

Just wanted to remind everyone to keep it courteous and on topic Smiley Wink

You can review our User Guidelines here: http://bit.ly/CommunityForumGuidelines.

Thanks for your contribution and for your help in keeping the community a pleasant place to be.

RogersMaude

Giroyac
I plan to stick around
I only asked about the 32 sorry, shouldve clarified..
Im definitely picking one up tomorrow, i guess i have to live with the black.
I really dont care about the back, I'll always have a case on, but i wanted a white front for a change.
All my nexuses been black 😞

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Giroyac

I noticed that as well. Exactly if u have a case on it then it won't matter but some care about the color but it's up to them.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Giroyac wrote:
I only asked about the 32 sorry, shouldve clarified..
Im definitely picking one up tomorrow, i guess i have to live with the black.
I really dont care about the back, I'll always have a case on, but i wanted a white front for a change.
All my nexuses been black 😞

its cool. Thanks for letting us know. 

same here. always wanted to try out a different colour. 

hope the white border wont be too distracting. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

Never once did i ever get a silver or white color. Always been black and Jet Black " for the iPhone 7 Plus.". My gf had the silver Note 7 which i liked alot but never got it due to the recall lol. Only had the black Note 7

benbar21
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know here if Bestbuy mobile is able to create retention deals? Like I've spoken to retentions and have been given a deal and a reference number for the deal, and was told that when I got the pixel in store Rogers would be able to call in and get authorization to give me that price. Can bestbuy do the same thing? I didn't realize how much better their preorder deal is (and in my experience bestbuy seems to get more phones than any one rogers store?)

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @pixel_xl

Never once did i ever get a silver or white color. Always been black and Jet Black " for the iPhone 7 Plus.". My gf had the silver Note 7 which i liked alot but never got it due to the recall lol. Only had the black Note 7

i would say silver would be a safe colour. smudges does not show up as easily. i had an htc m8 in silver and held up pretty well without a case.

just the white antenna lines started to discolour. 

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@benbar21 wrote:

Does anyone know here if Bestbuy mobile is able to create retention deals? Like I've spoken to retentions and have been given a deal and a reference number for the deal, and was told that when I got the pixel in store Rogers would be able to call in and get authorization to give me that price. Can bestbuy do the same thing? I didn't realize how much better their preorder deal is (and in my experience bestbuy seems to get more phones than any one rogers store?)

think it only works internally within carriers. 

dont think third party sellers can have authority to initiate deals like that. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

Unfortunately no they can not. Only the call center can. Not even the Rogers stores can. So u would need to call in and have it plan changed before getting the device to the retentions plan u got.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

That is correct. Unfortunately only the retentions department can do changes like that. Not even a Rogers corporate store can do retentions plans. Sadly he would have to call in and do it before getting the device wherehever he chooses too.

benbar21
I plan to stick around
I've already called in, and have a interaction number. I've been told by retentions that if I give that interaction number to the Rogers store that they'll be able to then give me the deal. I currently am on a grandfathered in plan; maybe that makes a difference?

But yea retentions told me that I will be able to get the deal I was promised in store so long as I provide the interaction number. I suppose it makes sense however that only Rogers Pluses can do that?