cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

We shall see.. The only way stores will know which are for reservations are the ones that get shipped with their names and numbers. We shall see what they get tomorrow. Against if the stores are saying the same exact thing it's most likely told to tell customers that but call in tomorrow and see

cabooch
I plan to stick around

Your Defense of Rogers is slightly laughable @Meowmix , you must realize that now a days videos games like COD / NBA 2k / Madden/  have so much stock at launch day that they can serve unlimited pre orders as well as walk ins.  
In this day and age we shouldnt be tossed around with this ridiculous fine print.... because it isnt a reservation system... at best it's an optional waiting list to show interest in the device ( every time i have pre orded a device i have been able to get it as a walk in before my order is even processed.....)

It is getting to the point where this is becoming ridiculous... rogers is dropping the ball and while not surprised i am tottally floored that the system has been the same since the iphone4s.....

It really shows how valued a customer is when they are offered to reserve a device.. but are not provided with 

A) Detailed stock information - order information

B) The ability to be prioritized over a walk in....

Its supposed to be marketed as convienient but in truth it is actually anything but....

All in all i dont think pre-order bonuses should dictate your purchase and so i will be getting my 128gb Very Silver tomorrow regardless.. but to deffend these practices? 

It's getting a little ridiculous ( especially considering the fact that some places are confirmed not Reciving 128gb Silvers right now)

Rogers needs to stop wit this false advertising and really learn the meaning of reservation...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

I am not defending Rogers at all my friend. Maybe u should go read the Note 7 reservation thread to see what I was put through before claiming things :)..

I get where you are coming from and actually for years if u had read any of the reservation threads I made I said the same exact thing that they need to revamp the system and change alot on it.

Now again i was just making a statement of my own in my own words which don't defend Rogers at all. Either way when it says u will get it faster no where does it say u will get it at launch. Same with the reservation system. It clearly states that 2 times before reserving a device. Do I find that fair? No but at the end of the day they put it there just incase they don't get enough units in. Long before most of u joined the forums in 2012 when they launched this they never had a FAQ and never had the word " You may not get it at launch ". They added that after many complained that they never got it at launch.

Also on the website it states " 3-4 weeks" For the Pixel and Pixel XL. Even Best Buy is saying the same. Now again i have no,access to actual system but as for now, Rogers did confirm to someone they would be getting the 128GB Pixel XL. Now again i don't know if that will happen but that's what has been told..

makovy
I plan to stick around

I asked my father to go to Rogers (Wireless Authorized Dealer) where I have my reservation set. Mostly to authorize myself as a pick-up since he's the account holder and he's going to be out of town for the next week.

Supposedly the manager there told him that there's no point of going to the store to get your phone unless they called you about having your device. The explanation was that from their shipments, they have an inventory list/numbers referenced to your reservation.

Like said before, take things with a grain of salt I have no idea how accurate this is or "true", just another input.

For reference, my device (Silver XL 128GB) still says "Open" (position 128). I probably will wait for the phone call/shipment notification instead of getting my hopes up lol but good luck to everyone else

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around
mystical unicorn.

refresh refresh refresh...

bgosborne86
I plan to stick around
My pixel has shipped 🙂 I chose the pay now option and deliver to my house. Excited.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@bgosborne86 wrote:
My pixel has shipped 🙂 I chose the pay now option and deliver to my house. Excited.

nice. may I ask what colour, size and capacity you purchased?

bgosborne86
I plan to stick around
Silver, 32gb, 5

cabooch
I plan to stick around

smh nothing for my Silver XL 128gb -  still open!!

GUESS IM GOIN HUNTIN TOMORROW BOYS WISH ME LUCKK!! 

YeeeHAaw

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@bgosborne86 wrote:
Silver, 32gb, 5

cool, Thanks!

cabooch
I plan to stick around

Verizion has announced not too long ago there will be no 128 Pixel Xl's for Thursday at their stores..

*sigh*

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@cabooch wrote:

smh nothing for my Silver XL 128gb -  still open!!

GUESS IM GOIN HUNTIN TOMORROW BOYS WISH ME LUCKK!! 

YeeeHAaw

good hunting everyone. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

Maybe they are limited in them or something is going in. I wonder why there hasn't been anything from Rogers about this as well.

benbar21
I plan to stick around

Isn't it just that they are sold out? Preorders are still getting sent out with Verizon.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

Hopefully u get one! Good luck 🙂

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @pixel_xl

Hopefully u get one! Good luck 🙂

have a rogers store across the street from our work place. I'll just take an extra long washroom break. haha. 

same to you good luck!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

Lol that's what u do! Make it a extra long washroom break and reappear saying ur stomach hurtSo Lmao hahahah

Giroyac
I plan to stick around
Call me crazy, i literally called over 40 stores today.. almost all stores had black xl s in stock, not a single one had silver.
My silver xl is still open... No rogers store received a xl silver, and best buy never accepted a silver xl pre orders .... I sense some sort of shortage or inventory issues with the xl in silver !

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Giroyac

Most likely. That's why i said most with that one won't get them at launch when some rather believe a rep which does that haveinformation..

The stores received only black ones. The silver seems to be having a shortage or a issue manufacturing them. That's why most carriers don't have it of not all.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Giroyac wrote:
Call me crazy, i literally called over 40 stores today.. almost all stores had black xl s in stock, not a single one had silver.
My silver xl is still open... No rogers store received a xl silver, and best buy never accepted a silver xl pre orders .... I sense some sort of shortage or inventory issues with the xl in silver !

were you able to find out what capacity the xl were?

may just ditch the silver. 

decisions decisions. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pixel_xl

Ditch the silver one I would say. If it's gonna a take longer then expected then do it and u rather have a phone over a color. Remember most put cases over the color right.