cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @kavkaz

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. It doesn't state you will get it at launch and it doesn't state u will be the first one. All it states that it's a faster way to get it. Now again u have 2 choice. Either wait it out or get it in store. Also all carriers even Best Buy are having majority of their stock coming in slowly with low inventory..

so why do they offer PAY NOW option? its just plain stupid

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Its not really. If you think about it many rather pay upfront for the device instead of their next invoice that comes out. This way the device is paid for and they just wait for it to come.

Just like how u pre order a game or a item which u pay upfront but u have to wait for it.. Very simple.

bgosborne86
I plan to stick around
When you pre order a game you get it on the release date. However if there's a delay with the pixel then it is what it is and everyone is gonna have to wait. It sucks but nothing you can do.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bgosborne86

Unfortunately that's not true either. Big game launches we have seen people pre order and stores like EB Games and Best Buy have had their fair of share issues not receiving enough stock for the pre orders. ( like Call Of Duty and and). Also we have seen from other pre orders that again Rogers receives what the manufacturers send them. So for someone to say " they are lying is going over the top a bit. I can understand they want the device but it's a waiting game and NO WHERE does it state they will be the first ones to get it or get it at launch. It is what it is and it's a waiting game. That's all. From what k heard barely any carriers including Best Buy have received much stock.

Giroyac
I plan to stick around
Called many rogers stores in the gta, and many of them had them already for tomorrow, with some expecting shipment later on today .
So it looks like even though I'm number 1 for a pixel xl 32 silver, im just going to go in a store and pick one up. Since my reservation still shows open

bgosborne86
I plan to stick around
Huge fan of cod. Personally I've never had an issue receiving the game on release day. Bought every game on release date since mw2. I'm not saying it doesn't happen.

benbar21
I plan to stick around

Let's get back on topic!

I called the Rogers where I reserved my 128Gb black xl and they said that they are definitley getting some in tomorrow, and that the first ones that come in get priority for reservations. So if there are 7 reservations at the rogers I called and they get 10 phones then 7 of them will be for reservations. The guy seemed to think I'd still get it tomorrow even though it's open on the site right now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

The stores don't know how many they get. Also the stores don't know when the reservation or pre order ones will ship. He is assuming it will come tomorrow as per what they know but again it's not for sure. Also if the store receives 10 walk in devices, they aren't for reservations and u wont be getting the pre order bonus. Just making that clear. The pre order device must be in the store to get that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Giroyac

Stores receive stock for walk ins. I noticed this with all reservation threads I have made. I believe they receive them from another warehouse which gives them to the stores but then again who knows.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Giroyac

Stores receive stock for walk ins. I noticed this with all reservation threads I have made. I believe they receive them from another warehouse which gives them to the stores but then again who knows.

i cant even cancel my order because i dont see it online

had to reserve -- now i am number 300+ . what a same

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Even if you receive it's the same as what u did before... Also since u did the first option, u will be billed for that one and will cause a billing confusion. Just making that clear.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @kavkaz

Even if you receive it's the same as what u did before... Also since u did the first option, u will be billed for that one and will cause a billing confusion. Just making that clear.

i am the one who is confused.. selected an option that was supposed to be faster..

benbar21
I plan to stick around

I am telling you that the Rogers store I called said that any stock they receive is reserved for people who reserved the device ahead of time this time. He said that they will not sell any phones for walkins unless they have enough to cover the reservations. This was in response to my asking if I should try to walk in to get a phone rather than wait for the reservation.

Maybe he was wrong, but he seemed to know what he was talking about, and, to be frank, he is an actual employee of Rogers who deals with this stuff directly every day.

The '10 phones' example was just something I thought up. He did not say how many phones as he has no idea. He just says that any phones they get will first be used for reservations, and only if there are excess phones will they be used for walkins.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Again please read my last posts to understand. No where does it state if u pick that option u will get it at launch or the day off. Understand that. It only says u will get it faster. Doesn't state anything else.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

Yes which most employees don't know the system very well either.

Also you won't get the pre order bonus if u choice to pick up a device in store as a walk in. He failed to explain that either.
Being doing the reservation threads for over a 4 years thus I know abit more. He failed to explain alot it seems.

Also how would he know that u reserved it? He doesn't as he can NOT access the reservation system at all. So in reality I can walk in tomorrow, tell him I reserved when I didn't and walk out with one and that's that. Don't always believe what a rep tells u. Think about it first clearly. None of what he said makes sense anyways. No pre order bonus,the store has no access to see if u reserved or not.

Go look at the iPhone 7 Reservation thread and see how many reps in store and over the phone have given misinformation and also lied to people. Take it with a grain of salt

You can to pick it up tomorrow if u wish but again u lose the pre order bonus. That's something he failed to explain. Also the reservation devices outside have a sticker with ur name and number on them. So yeah he failed to explain that too.

benbar21
I plan to stick around

You didn't listen to what he said.

He didn't tell me to pick it up as a walking. He told me all pixel stock was first being diverted to customers who reserved.

I honestly am going to choose to believe a rogers store employee over you. I get that you've been helping for many years, and I get that roger support reps are often wrong. But this was a Rogers store employee who very clearly understood my question. He didn't mention the preorder bonus because he said "if we get phones they will be the reserved ones first and so you'll be getting your reserved phone."

So, no, he did not fail to explain anything. 

But we'll see. I do appreciate how much you help here.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

Yes that's how it works but if u take some time and look at the reservation threads for all the sdevicea that came out since 2012 u will see stores receive store stock more then the reservation ones. Rogers while yes puts most of their stock to the reservation system, they also allocate to the stores as well. So the stores may indeed get some units while people on the reservation system are waiting.

The stores don't know what they will get until the day off. It doesn't matter if i am not a Rogers employee and he is. The fact that if u go look at other reservation threads u will see the same having being told and th e opposite happens. Just bringing th at up. I have more clear knowledge of the reservation system them 95% if Rogers reps and it's not me boosting it, it's the truth as i done all reservation threads for Rogers and see many things and know a bit more.

Also if your reservation isn't IN PROGRESS yet, the store will not get them tomorrow . Very clear on that. They may rush them and may send them out but depends if they get stock and on UPS. He failed to explain the process to u. So if he receives walk in units and not one reservation one, what will you say then? Again it's possible the store may receive reservation uniton but ONLY if they are in SHIPPED status or if Rogers receives them early today and rushes them out. They will also receive some walk ins too. All depends what ur status is right now.

I got a iPhone 7 Plus JB 256GB at my local Rogers store yet many are still waiting for that on the reservation system. You see how that is? To read that reserved thread. So u see its happening even with the iPhone. Same thing with the Note 7 and S7. People waited in the reservation system yet stores had stock at launch and a day after.

At the end of the day he is correct but the store has no information what devices will come in and has little information at most. The reps are trained to tell u things but most of the times they are wrong. Again he could be right but we shall see tomorrow.

Anyways do want u like:).

benbar21
I plan to stick around

We'll see! He seemed to think that Pixels were being done somewhat differently. He also did say that they had a shipment for reserved 128GB Pixel XLs coming in, so hopefully he wasn't lying. 

Again, I do appreciate how much you post here! 

Ben

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

We shall see if he is correct tomorrow :). The only other thing I can think of is due to the Note 7 fiasco they might have only changed it up for this one but we shall see.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Maybe Rogers changed on this preorder/reservation but I've done reservations for numerous phones over the years and it doesn't matter if you preordered or not. The devices shipped to stores for launch are for walkins and the reservations are separate. So they could send 10 for walkins and 5 sitting there for reservations with customers names on it. If your status is still open by tonight and not shipped then your phone specifically for your preorder won't be there. If you want the phone that badly(which is like me lol) I would take the walkins phone and lose the preorder gifts. That's just me though.

benbar21
I plan to stick around
Yea it just looks like it might be different this time. I've called two different stores and both said the same thing: that they will receive some number of phones, and incredibly small proportion will be held for walkind and then the rest are for reservations. Both stores said clearly said that it's the same stock for the pixel, so we'll see. They both also said that it doesn't matter that it says open because if this.