cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lovethebean

Glad to hear!

My coworker got his shipping notification as well for the same one.

cabooch
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix  yeah, i also have IP7+ i cracked and bought one outright.. still waiting for this i can keep iphone and sell it worst comes to worst...

I have noticed heavily mixed reviews of the Pixel... i dont see the logic in Taking the S7/ Edge Variant... i get it is the most comparable thing to a GSN7 but the fact remains it lacks Technology that caused me to choose the Note over it anyways...

I do know that they will be porting several note feature onto the S7 line but to be honest with you it is still not enough of an incentive for me to give in to an Aging phone....

I will say IOS has come a long long way since the days when i was using it... and i like the features the new OS provides but it still is not enough for me to tottally jumpship....

I love pure stock Android while this is not entirely the "New Nexus" people were looking for... i think it is a step up that addresses a lot of the needs of Everyday - Power users.

I really really hope i get a notif on my Very Silver 128gb soon!!! i keep dropping in the queue and can only imagine it is because of people dropping out for this phone; and thats good for me!!!

to each their own... how are you liking your Iphone? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

Exactly to each other their own.

Actually I am liking it alot! Enough storage to fit everything i need Plus more. Also got the color I wanted and got a sweet deal on the price of the phone lol.

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@lovethebean wrote:

Just received shipping notification for my Pixel 32GB Silver

f5 f5 f5... refresh refresh refresh. 

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

Well, my status for my Black 128GB Pixel XL is still open but i've dropped to 124.  Hopefully it's not too long until they get new stock.  

Also, as someone who followed the Note 7 thread from the beginning, it's blatentely obvious that people are way less excited about the Pixel phone.  Certainly the reviews are not as glowing as we were seeing with the Note 7 either but based on what I see, you aren't buying hardware with the Pixel... You are buying a software experience.  The Pixel phone is just Google's method for deliving the experience.  

Waiting a bit past launch day will allow me to make a confident decision to go forward with the purchase or not too since reviews from a lot of the big mobile tech sites are starting to release as well as real world photos and videos from the camera.

Honestly, I'm pretty happy with what I see so far.  I really want to see how the performance is in comparision to the Note 7 because if there is one thing I was not thrilled about with my Note 7 was performance.  It was actually slower at tasks like openning apps, multi tasking and even scrolling webpages at times than my Note 5... GPU wise it completely crushes the Note 5 but there aren't a lot of games optimized to take advantage of the GPU power, so you only get to see that in benchmarks... I'm hoping this wasn't an SD820 limitation as much as a Samsung optimization issue with the Note 7.  Don't get me wrong, we aren't talking about miles worth of difference but anyone who has used a Note 7 can tell you, it is definetely NOT a lag free experience.

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
I see there are lots of in boxing vids on YouTube today, I wouldnt mind seeing a benchmark between This, The 6p, and the gs7...

I agree with the above posts about what you are buying... it is definitely about the UI and software. Call me crazy, but I actually like the looks of it and not really caring about the big chin!

bgosborne86
I plan to stick around
12 days ago no confirmation email.

bgosborne86
I plan to stick around
I selected the option "ship to home" and "pay now" as the website advertised you would receive it faster. 12 days have past and no confirmation email. Called a few times. Today they said i would receive a confirmation email in aprox 2 weeks.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
Here are the benchmarks you are looking for.

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Google-Pixel-XL-Review_id4264/page/2

Also, I also don't mind the look. I don't like the sensor of under the earpiece but that is less noticeable in the black one. Also I am so happy to move away from the capacitive back and task buttons on Samsung devices... Every single time I hand my phone to someone, they hit then and exit out if what in trying to show them... Also, I hit them by accident sometimes, myself... Also, that chin provides a new way to hold your phone when watching videos... It's certainly not as much if an issue as people are saying... At least not to me.

chrisfang
I've been here awhile
Same situation before, you have to make another reservation on "device reservation" in my rogers.

Giroyac
I plan to stick around

first post and late to the thread!

from day one i reserved the pixel xl in silver 32gb and i was number 1
still showing as open, while my brothers black got shipped. 

benbar21
I plan to stick around

Your brother's black pixel or pixel xl? I thought no XLs have shipped yet.

Rogers live chat just told me that the phone is not being released until mid november. This is not true, but I wouldn't trust much of what support says, or at least live chat.

Giroyac
I plan to stick around

black pixel xl 32 gb 

and here i am excited that im #1 lol hopefully i can have it on launch, not too optimistic though..since it hasent even switched to processing

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

@Giroyac wrote:

black pixel xl 32 gb 

and here i am excited that im #1 lol hopefully i can have it on launch, not too optimistic though..since it hasent even switched to processing

seems so far the people who had ordered the smaller pixel 32gb in black are getting notifications. 

benbar21
I plan to stick around

But this guy's brother had a 32GB XL ship. I wonder if 128GB black and all silvers are delayed. Hopefully they'll all just ship tomorrow (it isn't too late for that to happen. They could even ship Thursday and then be available for pickup thursday but later in the day)

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

Wow number 1 lol! Well if it makes you feel better mine still shows as "Open" and im at #14 but im getting the 128gb black. Was hoping to get it on launch but that doesnt look to be the case right now. 

Giroyac
I plan to stick around
Im looking at the reservation screenshot he sent me as we speak ! I had to go back and check to make sure its XL
And it is, says shipped.
Anyway i could post pictures in this forum ?

Giroyac
I plan to stick around
From what i recall my brother saying, his black xl 32 was number 4, and it went to processing yesterday and shipped today (he said rogers sent him a text as well, saying its shipped)
Anyways, ours aren't even processing yet, which from the looks of it stays processing for at least a day before shipping.

benbar21
I plan to stick around

I believe you!

Hopefully they'd rush the processing. Someone a few pages back said that with the note 7 some of them went processing the night before but were still ready the next day.

hmmm

Giroyac
I plan to stick around
Hopefully we'll see some status change today, or else I'm calling every rogers store and best buy store in the gta on Thursday.
Lool yes i am obsessed, have had every single nexus so far, and can't wait to get the pixel

Sh4no
I plan to stick around

@benbar21 wrote:

I believe you!

Hopefully they'd rush the processing. Someone a few pages back said that with the note 7 some of them went processing the night before but were still ready the next day.

hmmm

I'd be extremely happy if this was the case.  Looks like im refreshing my reservation page all night and tomorrow  hoping something changes on it....not that I havent been doing that already. 😐