cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Krrax
I plan to stick around
Mine been "in progress" since Friday saying I'll get a shipping notification (haven't gotten one yet)

Hopefully I'll get it in hand on launch day (Thursday 20th) or even better, before Thursday.

I thought since the leaked specs the phone is lacking honestly, for something with Googles name on it.. and with the final release, the phone overall just doesn't seem very exciting. I had my nexus 6 break on me so I been using a bought outright Huawei Y6 for past 6 months, which I'm quite done with.

Some initial videos & photos I've seen don't seem very impressive either and don't really fall in line with what dxomark has claimed being the best camera on a smart phone ever.

All considered, the price point doesn't seem worth it. But the state of the Lonnie has some to do with that. The phone just lacks a bit, it doesnt have something super special about it really. And being the first Google brand phone it should've.

TL;DR
hopefully we get em this week and the phones expensive for what it is, but will be a great replacement for someone who currently has a low end or older device and doesn't want ios.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kraxx

You will get it at launch day, not before then. Unfortunately that's why they are waiting for the day before or 2 days before hand to start shipping then out.

Its a great phone for many to replace their older phones or the Note 7

qa6
I plan to stick around
I'm having it shipped to one of the local Rogers stores. Does that mean they will call me on the 20th to come pick it up?

Thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @qa6

Once they receive it, it will take a couple of hours to call you as they might be busy and low staffed. So yes they will.

chrisfang
I've been here awhile
Hi,

My position is still 195 (started from 206 or so). Will I be able to pick up on the launch day, or I have to wait.

Thanks!

qa6
I plan to stick around

Cool thanks 🙂 I'm number 5 hope I get it that day 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @chrisfang

If they get more in stock tomorrow then u will get it at launch. If not and they haven't received anything until Wednesday night then you will have to wait until they do and it ships out.

Unfortunately if u find one at the store, you don't qualify to get the pre order bonus if u pick it up at the store as a walk in.

Krrax
I plan to stick around
I'm curious, as an existing customer on a share everything plan /w premium tab ... Will I get to keep my current plan and just pay off my remaining device balance plus the 2 yr pre order pixel cost and be on my way?

chrisfang
I've been here awhile
Thanks! Hopefully they will get some tomorrow. BTW, what's the bonus; I totally forgot! I heard there is a free google daydream VR. Is that true?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @chrisfang

Unfortunately that's not the free bonus you get.

Below is what you will get

-2GB of bonus data for 12 months to share even more memories.1
-FREE Google Chromecast (value of $45) to cast your favorite entertainment from your phone to your TV.2
-$50 Google Play credit to download apps, music, movies and more! Must be redeemed by December 30, 2016.2

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Krrax

Yes you should be fine but I would suggest calling the in first to make sure.

Krrax
I plan to stick around
Bonus is 50$ Google play and 2 extra gb for a year if you have a 5+ gb share everything plan.. This was disappointing to find after I read the fine print. I was thinking I'd get 2 extra gb for a year on my 2 gb plan. Knew it was too good to be true haha

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

for the people who have seen their status change from 'open' to 'in progress'. 

may i ask which size, capacity, and or colour you have ordered?

my status is #2 for silver xl at 128gb. no action as of yet. 

Krrax
I plan to stick around

pixel XL, black 32GB

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
#102 for a silver pixel xl. Status still open.

cabooch
I plan to stick around

According to Best Buy's Reservation System there wont even be 128gb Pixel Xl's In Very Silver in Canada at launch

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @cabooch

Yeah my buddy at Best Buy told me that yesterday too. That's why he picked the iPhone as well. If u want have stock at launch especially with what's going on with the Note 7 then idk.

cabooch
I plan to stick around

going to wait it out for a few.. if not going to jump ship to an IP7+...

I have a note 4 that is slowly dying but i am extremely frustrated with this all...

First Note 7 gone - Then Silver Pixel XL no where to be seen... ( even though they are taking preorders for em at rogers)

I got to love the fact that rogers cant be held accountable for this b.s because their reserve system doesnt 100% ensure you get the phone on launch.... 

Its getting ridiculous... atleast be honest with the stock levels... ( im going to say at this point Silver 128gb XL aint coming.)

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

nnnnnnooooooo! in a darth vader kind of voice. 

had to pick silver. but no wanted to be different. 

dang it. maybe there could be the odd silver out of the sea of black phones. 

cabooch
I plan to stick around

Yeah i Pre Ordered a Black one With Best Buy but i rather Silver... and have one Preordered here with Rogers....

I will be vailintly calling all stores the minute the open to find a fabled 128gb Pixel XL in Very Silver to Replace my Gorgeous Silver note 7..  but if not JB iphoneee!!!

pixel_xl
I plan to stick around

just hope its released before the play store gift card expires at the end of the month.