cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

G_Money
I plan to stick around

I'm pretty sure kavkaz is referring to the option that pops up that says "Pay for the device now" (and we'll ship it to you) or "Pay for the device later" (and we'll ship it to a store).

I think it's actually a separate process from the reservation system - but it was showing something like a 3-4 week wait, so I didn't go through with that one, so I can't say for sure.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @G_Money

That is correct. The "pay for device now (ship to home) isn't a reservation system. It's like a upgrade.

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

customer service is telling me 3 4 weeks is not correct and it should ship right away

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Its a estimate time frame just incase they don't get enough at launch.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

I realized just now that I reserved my phone under the wrong line on my shared account...  This line has no tab and I intend to keep it that way... 

Do I still have the option to still pick up the device when it comes in but just set it up on the line I meant to reserve for?  Or is this going to be one if those situations where I would no longer be eligible for the pre-order promotions? 

If that is the case, I'll probably just cancel and order direct from Google. I would phone support but they never know anything about pre-orders... I'm hoping @Meowmix knows!

kavkaz
I plan to stick around

i noticed that google is offering 2 years of accental coverage for just $129 plus tax. Rogers is steling this for $130 per year. I wonder if we can buy google support and phone from rogers

@JoshuaAustin wrote:

I realized just now that I reserved my phone under the wrong line on my shared account...  This line has no tab and I intend to keep it that way... 

Do I still have the option to still pick up the device when it comes in but just set it up on the line I meant to reserve for?  Or is this going to be one if those situations where I would no longer be eligible for the pre-order promotions? 

If that is the case, I'll probably just cancel and order direct from Google. I would phone support but they never know anything about pre-orders... I'm hoping @Meowmix knows!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Thats something you need to contact Google and ask them. Normally it doesn't work as u need to buy the phone from them but u can try and ask.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Nope you are fine! Just tell them that you want to do the upgrade on the other line and u will be fine 🙂

qa6
I plan to stick around

I just checked and I'm #5 for the Silver 32GB model 🙂 Already got my new case from Ebay just waiting for the phone now 😄

lovethebean
I've been here awhile

My reservation status has changed to in progress so it loks like Rogers has received a shipment of phones

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

I bed your right. My number dropped from 1311 to 127.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lovethebean

Yes that is correct! Glad to see they got more then 1,000 units in!

kpms
I'm here a lot

Super excited I'm number 47 for the Pixel XL 128 GB. 

I orginally got the Note 7 in silver on release date and when the first recall happened I returned it to Rogers, 

pre ordered the iPhone 7 and the Note 7 in Black (Didn't like the silver) 

I still have not gotten my iPhone 7 (Plus 256 GB) and I was number 105 when I did the preorder. So I have cancelled that now and going for the Pixel.. 

I was more excited about the Note 7 espcailly after using it for a few weeks, however I think I am going to enjoy the Pixel as it has an Unlocked Bootloader - I see some custom rom's in the future. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kpms

Was the 256GB IPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black? Some Rogers stores had them in stock. Thus how i have one now.

Originally my choice was the Pixel XL but i looked at it and honestly its not for me. I don't root my devices nor care about that. Also the fact that Google support has failed me before on my Nexus 5 I didn't want go through that again.

kpms
I'm here a lot

Hi @Meowmix

The iPhone I ordered was the Silver - I figured that I would have a better chance at getting the device 
as I knew there was a delay on the Jet Blacks. 

I sadly want my Note 7 Back!

However at the time I am using my iPhone 6S Plus at the moment... However I am itchy to jump to Android. 

G_Money
I plan to stick around

I'm a little worried that my two reservations haven't moved much - started at 118 and 129 and now down to 115 and 126. Both still open.

I'm surprised that someone dropped from the 1000s to 130-ish.

Still hoping I get this phone this week!

qa6
I plan to stick around

My position is 5 and still says open...hasn't changed. 

Prospect
I plan to stick around
will Rogers have a $200 trade in credit on this during activation?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Rogers does not have a $200 trade in credit promotion with this device. ( If u returned a Note 7 which did, then yes but it will be added within 1-3 bill cycles)

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
I'm also still at "open" status being 104 for a silver 128gb XL.

Not to worry guys it will change shortly. I wonder if Rogers sets the priority by regions maybe?

This same thing happened with the note 7 pre order with some higher numbers getting status changes before lower numbers.

The main reason for doing the preorder IMO is the bonus items that generally come with it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @robx7fcna

Its all done in some order in the warehouse. It won't be region as it wasn't like that with the Note 7. My buddy in Calgary for it the same day i did at launch. And a few others in other parts of Canada.

I guess they are doing it some other way. With higher numbers first as it seems like the higher numbers may have to wait longer? Who knows