Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Hello @DrAJC

All Nexus and now Pixel devices will be factory unlocked when u buy them from any carrier. The also get updates from Google.

I'm a Regular

With the writing on the wall for Windows Phone, it is  becoming apparent that I will be moving from my Lumia 1020 back to the Android world, and I am very interested in WiFi Calling as my work takes me to places that have zero coverage, and the fact I wouldn't need to log into Rogers One Number, would be a huge bonus!

That being said, iPhones are out for me -- I have had them in the past and nothing but issues. And for Android, I do not like the Samsung and LG flavours, which leaves me to the Nexus and Pixel devices (and some others in-between)

When is Wifi Calling/VoLTE going to open up and come to any eligible devices? With the Pixel being released on Rogers, will customers be able to use WiFi Calling? With Rogers One Number no longer in development, and no accepting new users, what are the options going to be for users that use it regularly? A service like Wifi Calling or VoLTE should not be exclusive to certain devices, it should be available to all devices that have the technology inside.

I've Been Here Awhile

I was asking this because I did read that the carrier phone were sim locked but did get updates from Google (unlike for a US carrier).  I had just hoped for clarification before buying. Thanks

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/how-to/pixel-xl-canadian-discussion-thread-t3467849/page3 - #27). 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also pre-ordered to replace my Note 7 that  I'm (hopefully) returning tomorrow. It sucks that it will cost more for a phone that I'm less excited about - but I hear the Pixel has the sought after feature of "not exploding". That's pretty big in 2016.

I'm trying to get 2 for my 2 lines, so I reserved one each of the Pixel XL 128GB in black at two different Rogers Plus stores. They are at #116 and #127.

I have also pre-ordered from Best Buy in case Rogers has a big delay in receiving stock (like they have in the past). But don't worry - if I get one from Best Buy, I'll immediately cancel my pre-order through Rogers so no one is stuck waiting.

I have to say, though, I'm a little concerned that we will be waiting a looooong time before we get the phone. If you try to buy it from Rogers online, it says it ships in 3-4 weeks!

I Plan to Stick Around

i still don't have a confirmation email after 4 hours! what's going on
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a black (#13) and silver (#6) on order.  Given the fiasco that is the Note 7, I am now waiting on these to arrive on the 20th.

I Plan to Stick Around

Late to the party! #104 for the 128gb pixel xl.

Like others here, I'm replacing my note 7 with this.

Kind of excited for this phone! All the storage in the world! Lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

Did u check ur junk or spam folder? Also when logging into Rogers and checking the reservation page, do u see the reservation there?
I Plan to Stick Around

it says i can reserve... but i already selected ship to my house option.. looks like if you select ship to me option its not reflected on the site.. what a bunch of weak product /pr people designing this promo site... very stupid mistakes... also the site and the app are super slow... also cant access device management from app or the mobile site.. stupid design
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

The reservation system does not have a option to ship to customers home. Only to a selected Rogers store.

Yes it u ordered it any other way then it wouldn't reflect on there.