cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Google just announced the Google Pixel and Pixel XL! Great phones with great features! Let's discuss more here!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel and Pixel XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Google Pixel and Pixel XL Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to helpSmiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

837 REPLIES 837

Re: Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL Reservation Number / Questions

sabesh
I plan to stick around
I'm very excited to get my paws on a Pixel! I've pre-ordered via Rogers (Very Silver XL, 128GB). I'm at #26.

Anyone else order this? Let's discuss all things Pixel Phone here. Cheers.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sabesh

Very nice! I know my buddy is!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Anyone asking for the Really Blue model its in the US only. AndroidPolice said that it would come to other regions at a later time.

" According to the folks at Android Police, the Really Blue Pixel and Pixel XL will be coming to other regions at a later time. Specific regions and availability details weren’t given in the report."

http://www.androidauthority.com/really-blue-pixel-pixel-xl-exclusive-us-720041/

Vond
I've been around

Does anyone know when the phone will actually be instore? Thought I'd seen a date but now I can't find it. I'm really wanting to upgrade but with this phone I need to see it in person before commiting.

Good evening @Vond,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Google announced they’ll be launching the new Pixel and Pixel XL on October 20!

We're excited to announce that Rogers will be carrying the black and silver models.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Any word Rogers if you will be supporting WiFi Calling and VoLTE on the Pixel? Don't want to preorder a device not knowing if these 2 features will be available

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

I'm in for a Black 128GB Pixel XL to hopefully replace my apparently defective Note 7.

I'm number 131.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

As you know Rogers won't announce that until the device is out. I am pretty sure they will but to stay safe, let's wait until they announce it.

DrAJC
I've been here awhile

I've pre-order the Pixel XL from Rogers and the Google store but would like to know if the Rogers one is sim card unlocked.

When searching for the answer, the Koodo message board had a representative write that their phone was sim unlocked (making me thinks maybe Rogers is too) but have read elsewhere it wasn't - but no official word either way.

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @DrAJC

All Nexus and now Pixel devices will be factory unlocked when u buy them from any carrier. The also get updates from Google.

b-ry
I'm a reliable contributor

With the writing on the wall for Windows Phone, it is  becoming apparent that I will be moving from my Lumia 1020 back to the Android world, and I am very interested in WiFi Calling as my work takes me to places that have zero coverage, and the fact I wouldn't need to log into Rogers One Number, would be a huge bonus!

That being said, iPhones are out for me -- I have had them in the past and nothing but issues. And for Android, I do not like the Samsung and LG flavours, which leaves me to the Nexus and Pixel devices (and some others in-between)

When is Wifi Calling/VoLTE going to open up and come to any eligible devices? With the Pixel being released on Rogers, will customers be able to use WiFi Calling? With Rogers One Number no longer in development, and no accepting new users, what are the options going to be for users that use it regularly? A service like Wifi Calling or VoLTE should not be exclusive to certain devices, it should be available to all devices that have the technology inside.

DrAJC
I've been here awhile

I was asking this because I did read that the carrier phone were sim locked but did get updates from Google (unlike for a US carrier).  I had just hoped for clarification before buying. Thanks

(http://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-xl/how-to/pixel-xl-canadian-discussion-thread-t3467849/page3 - #27). 

G_Money
I plan to stick around

Also pre-ordered to replace my Note 7 that  I'm (hopefully) returning tomorrow. It sucks that it will cost more for a phone that I'm less excited about - but I hear the Pixel has the sought after feature of "not exploding". That's pretty big in 2016.

I'm trying to get 2 for my 2 lines, so I reserved one each of the Pixel XL 128GB in black at two different Rogers Plus stores. They are at #116 and #127.

I have also pre-ordered from Best Buy in case Rogers has a big delay in receiving stock (like they have in the past). But don't worry - if I get one from Best Buy, I'll immediately cancel my pre-order through Rogers so no one is stuck waiting.

I have to say, though, I'm a little concerned that we will be waiting a looooong time before we get the phone. If you try to buy it from Rogers online, it says it ships in 3-4 weeks!

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
i still don't have a confirmation email after 4 hours! what's going on

rajeshr
I plan to stick around

I have a black (#13) and silver (#6) on order.  Given the fiasco that is the Note 7, I am now waiting on these to arrive on the 20th.

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Late to the party! #104 for the 128gb pixel xl.

Like others here, I'm replacing my note 7 with this.

Kind of excited for this phone! All the storage in the world! Lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

Did u check ur junk or spam folder? Also when logging into Rogers and checking the reservation page, do u see the reservation there?

kavkaz
I plan to stick around
it says i can reserve... but i already selected ship to my house option.. looks like if you select ship to me option its not reflected on the site.. what a bunch of weak product /pr people designing this promo site... very stupid mistakes... also the site and the app are super slow... also cant access device management from app or the mobile site.. stupid design

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kavkaz

The reservation system does not have a option to ship to customers home. Only to a selected Rogers store.

Yes it u ordered it any other way then it wouldn't reflect on there.

lovethebean
I've been here awhile

Black 32gb Pixel to replace my iPhone 6, sitting at number 12