Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

I figured if I don't have any communication by Monday I will give Rogers a call. This is pretty nuts. This is potentially even worse than when I had to wait nearly a week for my original Pixel, 2 years ago. I feel if there was some sort of delay they should of sent out a mass email to anyone affected. Instead they just keeping quiet.

I Plan to Stick Around

I also believe there is a delay in delivery of Pixel 3 Xl 128GB version from Google, even if order from their website is a 3 to 4 week delivery on that device still.

I Plan to Stick Around

Perhaps. I just find it strange because I have been following /r/GooglePixel on reddit and it seems most people have already received their devices from Google, Bell and Telus via Fedex. I pre-ordered the night of the announcement. Feels like I should of been one of the first in line, we all know the Pixel devices aren't nearly as popular as other phones so I can't imagine there are any availability issues.

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers, seem more and more to be on the Apple ship, I had issues with my Note 9 pre order and since then do not pre order anything from Rogers. I have been completely dissatisfied with my LG G7 and just upgraded to the pixel 3 xl. I will not buy any more devices from Rogers again. Next time my plans are up for renewal i will not renew them. At this point it is cheaper for me to purchase a plan in my home country of the UK and use that here with roaming turned on.

I'm Here A Lot

Just wondering, are all these delays for orders being shipped to home? I tried that last year for the Pixel 2 XL, to "get it sooner". It turned out, UPS was backlogged and my shipment got delayed to the following day. Meanwhile, my local store had stock on launch day. This year I decided to pre-order for in-store pickup. I had the phone by 11am on launch day. I didn't have to pay up front. I didn't have to worry about phones being stolen in transit, or delays in transit, or Canada Post strikes! It was a much better experience.

I Plan to Stick Around

@npisano

Yeah ship to home, it seemed to work fine on the Apple pre order so I figured I would be ok Smiley Frustrated this is probably the 7th pre order I do with Rogers and the rest were all ship to store with no issues but when I saw I wouldn't have to deal with going to a store I figured it would be better, guess not.

Still no account changes or shipping info sent, to me that's completely unacceptable.
I've Been Here Awhile

Just talked to customer repressive, and got transferred to one of the management employee of Rogers. And guess what, came to know that my preorder was never processed, was stuck in limbo. He reordered it for me without losing my position and guaranteed that device will be shipped without 48 hours. Unbelievable from Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting. Perhaps when I get home from work I will have to give them a call.
I Plan to Stick Around

Spoke with Rogers CS today, was told by the first agent that he couldn't tell me anything as he didn't have access to the right databases.  Told me to hang up and try Rogers CS via online chat.  I told him to escalate the call, he said they wouldn't be able to tell me anything different...I told him to escalate it anyway and let his manager tell me that.

He escalated the call, kept me on the line for another 20min while he "filled out the escalation form" then started getting chat responses from the manager and relayed them to me.  I was getting annoyed as this is all coming second hand so I said please just transfer me to the manager.  He said ok, took another 5min to do this as he said their system was not working well today due to all the calls about bill payments and....he never finished the sentence, but I can read between the lines...hahaha

Finally spoke with the manager, she told me that my order was being packed at a warehouse in Mississauga and that I should receive UPS info by end of today or tomorrow.  With my device showing up either end of the week or early next.  She couldn't tell me why my order was so delayer, I ordered on Oct 10th, but she offered a bill credit to help compensate.  I asked why is this any different than any other pre-order and she couldn't give me an answer other than that there were a lot more orders than normal.

All I can say is hang in there people, they are coming.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the update...more than we're getting from Rogers!  Just had a qq.  What model did you order and what storage size?