Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

I have not experienced any issues with my Pixel 3 XL so far. Speakers are loud and do not distort, no crackling. Reception is much improved over my S8. Keep in mind I have owned the device for less than a week.
I Plan to Stick Around

This is my SECOND Pixel 3 XL and it is still making a cackling noise when listening to music/receiving notifications even when it's playing on low volume. I had reached out to Rogers initially and they had sent me a replacement already but this issue was acknowledged by Google as a software problem. Other than that, calls and the performance of the phone has been great.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dacadca wrote:
I have not experienced any issues with my Pixel 3 XL so far. Speakers are loud and do not distort, no crackling. Reception is much improved over my S8. Keep in mind I have owned the device for less than a week.

I got my Pixel 3 XL a few days ago, no issues to report! I was worried because I read online about a few issues, but my device has been perfect. The camera is amazing, I came from an iPhone 8 plus and the Pixel trumps the iPhones camera.

RCS messaging, WiFi Calling, and VoLTE all working too!

I Plan to Stick Around

Just thought I'd give a quick update.  I'm still waiting on my phone...I'm now 20 of 22 in queue and that hasn't changed in two weeks.

I got a notice of delivery for an item I ordered on Amazon and my wife asked if it was my phone and I just started laughing.  This is so sad.  You pre-order something to ensure that you are one of the first to get it...not one of the last.

I Plan to Stick Around

Have you called customer service?

I reached out to them and they gave me a bill credit for the inconvenience.  I pre-ordered with the expectation of receiving it at or near release date, clearly that didn't happen, but they made an effort to offer me something for the inconvenience.

Did you pre-order?

Did you order online?

I Plan to Stick Around

I had a couple of weeks back and spoke to a manager to see if I could get answers as to why they didn't have enough to cover their pre-orders while stores had stock but got no answers.

I plan on calling customer support once I get the phone (you know shortly after the Pixel 4 is released at this rate) so that I have the full timeline as an example.

I did pre-order it and I did it on the phone as I wanted to confirm that they still had the free Pixel Stand promo (which they told me they did).

If you go to the Canadian Google Store they currently have them in stock but anytime I talk to Rogers sales (through the chat) they never have any in stock.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, its a little mind boggling that you can pre-order something, which allows a retailer to guage interest and plan for stock, and still not get it even a month later. I got mine about a week after release and retunred it a few days later due to all the issues I was having. I have subsequently ordered a replacement a week ago, but have no idea when I will see it. I am hoping before Christmas, but given this I doubt that!

I am even more perplexed when you order online that they don't tell if its in stock or not or even expected shipping times. Most online retailers wont let you even order it if its not in stock, but Rogers will gladly take your money and tell you nothing!
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree the whole situation is baffling.  First time that pre-order has meant nothing at all in my experience.  I also agree that it is totally wrong for Rogers to let you order a device online without telling you if it is in stock or not.  Doesn't stop my facebook feed from being loaded with adds telling me about all the great deals they have on phones that aren't in stock!

I reached out to the sales chat again just a couple of hours ago to see if they had any Black Pixel 3XL's 128 gig in stock and for the first time the first person I spoke with couldn't answer that simple question.  I got to a regular care rep who looked into my order and showed it as complete and ready to ship.  She said I would get it in 3-5 days max.  Now normally I'd be happy about that but I've also been told in the chat (on November 2nd) that my phone had shipped at 11:40 am and that I should have it in 4 days.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get yours before Christmas and will update if I see any movement on mine! Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

This thread is upsetting. Upgraded/ Ordered my Pixel 3XL online last Tuesday. As others have stated, I was under the assumption that if a phone is out of stock that you can't order it. I have contacted customer support 4 time since last Tuesday and it's the same ridiculous answer "it's says order processed. Please wait another business day to get your shipment confirmation email." Customer service reps are useless at this point. Can't someone just be honest and tell me if my phone is out of stock!? I'm tired of calling!!!!
I've Been Here Awhile

" I got to a regular care rep who looked into my order and showed it as complete and ready to ship. She said I would get it in 3-5 days max."

That's what I been told for the last 7 days. 👎. I'm hopeful that my phone will arrive this week. Come on Rogers...