Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

@RogersLaura I think you missed the point, he didn't receive the promo code in the box with his phone.  Meaning, whomever packed the box at your warehouse failed to include the piece of paper with he promo code.  I think you need to re-read his post.

@RogersLaura wrote:

Hello @TsarStarTartare!

Thank you for posting! I understand your frustration with regards to not receiving your promo code for the free Pixel stand. I would feel just as let-down. 😔

As long as you placed a pre-order or reservation for the Google Pixel 3 or 3 XL, which resulted in a purchase, you should have received the promo code in the box with your device upon receipt. Once you have your promo code, you have to access Google's website to redeem it for your free Pixel stand as follows:

1. Add the Pixel stand to your cart 
2. During checkout, use the unique promo code provided to zero out the cost of the Pixel stand

If these two steps are completed correctly, then Google will send you a confirmation with a tracking number included to the email address you provided during checkout.

I regret to advise that Rogers does not provide support for any issues related to this offer as it is a Google promotion. If you have any issues, I'm afraid you must contact Google directly (1-855-836-3987). This includes: 

◦ Any technical issues with the Pixel Stand
◦ Any issues with the redemption process
◦ If you have not received your gift with purchase

I hope this helps provide further clarification on this offer and how it works! 

Thanks,

RogersLaura

I Plan to Stick Around

Just need to vent a bit...so since I put in my preorder I've moved from 46 of 47 to 43 of 45 in queue.  Two weeks to move up 3 spots! 

I also walked into one of my local Rogers stores yesterday and asked if they had any Black 128GB XL's in stock and they looked at me like I was stupid...because of course they did, and of course if I took the one they had then I'd miss out on the Pixel stand for free.

Also if my phone ever ships and I don't get my code like the person earlier in this thread Rogers will be applying a credit to my account for the cost of a stand...no way am I going to a company I never ordered my phone from to fix the issue.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a quick note, I am returning my phone. Both the speakers are terrible and while making a phone call it crackles non stop. I will wait and see if Google resolves this issue before spending $1200 on a phone.

If you are only using it hands free and never listen to music or videos through the speakers you should be fine. I'm just not prepared to make that sacrifice.

For those of you who haven't received your order, cancel your order...
I Plan to Stick Around

Just to add to the hilarity of my preorder I'm now listed as # 43 out of 24.

I Plan to Stick Around

I find it extremely strange that you are still waiting for your device... Yesterday I contacted them and told them about my Pixel 3 XL 128GB Black speaker making crackling noises (widely reported by users on Reddit) when I am on calls and also listening to music. They sent me a replacement right away and I got it this morning. What did they say when you tried following up?

I Plan to Stick Around

Oh I got the same nonsense that people have been getting.  "We can't check stock" "no idea when it will ship".  When I asked how they didn't have 50 phones for all of Canada, I was told that the number I was seeing was "just for my batch" and "that the phone isn't as popular as iPhone or Samsung so that's why they didn't have any".   

Also when I asked about the discrepancy in my queue numbers of 43 out of 24 I was told to not worry about the second number and that "there was no way that my order could be dropped"...you know because computers and data entry have never messed up before...

If I went into a store to get the phone I would then have to shell out for the stand and then fax them the receipt so they could credit my account.  They wouldn't do it before because there was no way they could guarantee that I would purchase the stand...so you know I'm a thief I guess.

Sorry for the long post but this is a super frustrating situation.  BTW the above is all from a manager that I requested to speak to.

I've Been Here Awhile

Did you manage to find a solution?  I also did not receive a a Pixel Promotion Code.  I was bounced back and forth between Google and Rogers.  Google said that the promotion needs to be honored by Rogers and that they have nothing to do with it.  Rogers rep told me to go back to the Rogers Store along with the Pixel 3 and my receipt and inquire there.  

I Plan to Stick Around

I wonder if it's possible that they just ran out of promo codes to give out. In the fine print it did indicate "while supplies last"...

I've Been Here Awhile

My understanding is that if you pre order within the specified dates you get a Pixel Stand as a Promo. I reached out to Rogers on Twitter and they have escalated the case for me. The Rogers store where I picked up the device said that all Pixels they have in the back do not have any promo codes in them. That could mean they got a wrong shipment or everyone that reserved or pre ordered have already picked up there devices.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

How is everyone liking the Pixel 3 XL? I have read about speakers distorting at low volumes, and the headset speaker has interference when downloading/streaming data while on a call. Has anyone experience any issues, or is this all being blown out've proportion?

Lastly how is the reception? I have an Intel modem iPhone that likes to stay on 3G instead of LTE most of the time.