cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

Does Rogers usually do pre-orders for Pixel devices? I know usually Samsung and Apple but wasn't sure on Pixel.  Looks like it will be available on Nov 1st in Canada and I want to make sure to have WiFi Calling so would rather order from Rogers.

Thanks,

Jerome

*** Edited Labels ***

137 REPLIES 137

Re: Google Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL Pre-Orders & Reservations

Did anyone else not receive their Pixel Stand promo code when receiving the Pixel 3 or 3 XL?

The issue is I pre-ordered through Rogers for the pre-order promotion which included a free Pixel stand. However when I received the phone last Thursday (Nov. 1st), it only had the phone in it - no Pixel stand.

I called Rogers. They said a promo code for the stand should be included in the box. There was nothing of the sort. But then they said to contact Google as Rogers could not help me (???).

Strange but I call Google anyway. And I got the answer I was expecting. Google doesn't have my phone/pre-order on file since I pre-ordered through Rogers. Not only that but they weren't even aware of the Rogers promotion! Of course, they told me to call Rogers back.

Which I did. Only to be forwarded to Google support again. This has happened multiple times as I try to follow-up. I keep getting bounced back and forth.

Now, here I am, nearly a week later from receiving the phone and I still have no answers, even though I've spent 10+ hours on call with Rogers support and Google support in the past 6 days!

If it's a unique promo code, can't Rogers see that I have not used my code? Can't Rogers generate a new code for me, and cancel the old one? Surely, the onus of responsibility is not with Google since at this point in time, I have not made a purchase from Google directly and it is a promotion offered by Rogers.

Did not expect to have to chase Rogers down for this since it was an advertised promotion!

Is anyone else experiencing this? I just want my Pixel stand and I don't understand what exactly is so difficult in resolving this issue. I'm getting zero transparency as it seems the policy of support on this issue is pass-the-buck and it's becoming extremely frustrating.

Shinnyx
I've been here awhile
After more than a week since my device was shipped I had enough. I called my local Rogers store and they told me they had my device waiting for me for a few days already, but it didn't come with my contact information. Rogers, you drive me nuts. I'm wondering when I'll ever be able to have a seamless customer experience with your company. If I didn't have my business monthly savings with you, I'd be long time gone. I'll go pick up my device and open the box in store; that Pixel Stand code better be in the box or my money is gonna go somewhere else. And that monthly saving better be applied for another 2 years without issues, because I'm already fed up.

Good luck to any of you guys that preorded, stay strong, you'll need it.

hi123456
I plan to stick around
My promo code was in the box, so I dont know what to tell you. Rogers should make good on this. Did you try escalating the call?

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
Yeah i had the promo code in the box as well and already ordered. Still haven't opened the phone as unsure I want to giclve Rogers 2 more years of my business.

Hello @TsarStarTartare!

Thank you for posting! I understand your frustration with regards to not receiving your promo code for the free Pixel stand. I would feel just as let-down. 😔

As long as you placed a pre-order or reservation for the Google Pixel 3 or 3 XL, which resulted in a purchase, you should have received the promo code in the box with your device upon receipt. Once you have your promo code, you have to access Google's website to redeem it for your free Pixel stand as follows:

1. Add the Pixel stand to your cart 
2. During checkout, use the unique promo code provided to zero out the cost of the Pixel stand

If these two steps are completed correctly, then Google will send you a confirmation with a tracking number included to the email address you provided during checkout.

I regret to advise that Rogers does not provide support for any issues related to this offer as it is a Google promotion. If you have any issues, I'm afraid you must contact Google directly (1-855-836-3987). This includes: 

◦ Any technical issues with the Pixel Stand
◦ Any issues with the redemption process
◦ If you have not received your gift with purchase

I hope this helps provide further clarification on this offer and how it works! 

Thanks,

RogersLaura

hi123456
I plan to stick around
@RogersYasmine I think you missed the point, he didn't receive the promo code in the box with his phone.  Meaning, whomever packed the box at your warehouse failed to include the piece of paper with he promo code.  I think you need to re-read his post.

@RogersYasmine wrote:

Hello @TsarStarTartare!

Thank you for posting! I understand your frustration with regards to not receiving your promo code for the free Pixel stand. I would feel just as let-down. 😔

As long as you placed a pre-order or reservation for the Google Pixel 3 or 3 XL, which resulted in a purchase, you should have received the promo code in the box with your device upon receipt. Once you have your promo code, you have to access Google's website to redeem it for your free Pixel stand as follows:

1. Add the Pixel stand to your cart 
2. During checkout, use the unique promo code provided to zero out the cost of the Pixel stand

If these two steps are completed correctly, then Google will send you a confirmation with a tracking number included to the email address you provided during checkout.

I regret to advise that Rogers does not provide support for any issues related to this offer as it is a Google promotion. If you have any issues, I'm afraid you must contact Google directly (1-855-836-3987). This includes: 

◦ Any technical issues with the Pixel Stand
◦ Any issues with the redemption process
◦ If you have not received your gift with purchase

I hope this helps provide further clarification on this offer and how it works! 

Thanks,

RogersLaura

darthsega
I plan to stick around

Just need to vent a bit...so since I put in my preorder I've moved from 46 of 47 to 43 of 45 in queue.  Two weeks to move up 3 spots! 

I also walked into one of my local Rogers stores yesterday and asked if they had any Black 128GB XL's in stock and they looked at me like I was stupid...because of course they did, and of course if I took the one they had then I'd miss out on the Pixel stand for free.

Also if my phone ever ships and I don't get my code like the person earlier in this thread Rogers will be applying a credit to my account for the cost of a stand...no way am I going to a company I never ordered my phone from to fix the issue.

hi123456
I plan to stick around
Just a quick note, I am returning my phone. Both the speakers are terrible and while making a phone call it crackles non stop. I will wait and see if Google resolves this issue before spending $1200 on a phone.

If you are only using it hands free and never listen to music or videos through the speakers you should be fine. I'm just not prepared to make that sacrifice.

For those of you who haven't received your order, cancel your order...

darthsega
I plan to stick around

Just to add to the hilarity of my preorder I'm now listed as # 43 out of 24.

synflux
I plan to stick around

I find it extremely strange that you are still waiting for your device... Yesterday I contacted them and told them about my Pixel 3 XL 128GB Black speaker making crackling noises (widely reported by users on Reddit) when I am on calls and also listening to music. They sent me a replacement right away and I got it this morning. What did they say when you tried following up?

darthsega
I plan to stick around

Oh I got the same nonsense that people have been getting.  "We can't check stock" "no idea when it will ship".  When I asked how they didn't have 50 phones for all of Canada, I was told that the number I was seeing was "just for my batch" and "that the phone isn't as popular as iPhone or Samsung so that's why they didn't have any".   

Also when I asked about the discrepancy in my queue numbers of 43 out of 24 I was told to not worry about the second number and that "there was no way that my order could be dropped"...you know because computers and data entry have never messed up before...

If I went into a store to get the phone I would then have to shell out for the stand and then fax them the receipt so they could credit my account.  They wouldn't do it before because there was no way they could guarantee that I would purchase the stand...so you know I'm a thief I guess.

Sorry for the long post but this is a super frustrating situation.  BTW the above is all from a manager that I requested to speak to.

dacadca
I've been here awhile

Did you manage to find a solution?  I also did not receive a a Pixel Promotion Code.  I was bounced back and forth between Google and Rogers.  Google said that the promotion needs to be honored by Rogers and that they have nothing to do with it.  Rogers rep told me to go back to the Rogers Store along with the Pixel 3 and my receipt and inquire there.  

synflux
I plan to stick around

I wonder if it's possible that they just ran out of promo codes to give out. In the fine print it did indicate "while supplies last"...

dacadca
I've been here awhile
My understanding is that if you pre order within the specified dates you get a Pixel Stand as a Promo. I reached out to Rogers on Twitter and they have escalated the case for me. The Rogers store where I picked up the device said that all Pixels they have in the back do not have any promo codes in them. That could mean they got a wrong shipment or everyone that reserved or pre ordered have already picked up there devices.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

How is everyone liking the Pixel 3 XL? I have read about speakers distorting at low volumes, and the headset speaker has interference when downloading/streaming data while on a call. Has anyone experience any issues, or is this all being blown out've proportion?

Lastly how is the reception? I have an Intel modem iPhone that likes to stay on 3G instead of LTE most of the time. 

dacadca
I've been here awhile
I have not experienced any issues with my Pixel 3 XL so far. Speakers are loud and do not distort, no crackling. Reception is much improved over my S8. Keep in mind I have owned the device for less than a week.

synflux
I plan to stick around

This is my SECOND Pixel 3 XL and it is still making a cackling noise when listening to music/receiving notifications even when it's playing on low volume. I had reached out to Rogers initially and they had sent me a replacement already but this issue was acknowledged by Google as a software problem. Other than that, calls and the performance of the phone has been great.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

@dacadca wrote:
I have not experienced any issues with my Pixel 3 XL so far. Speakers are loud and do not distort, no crackling. Reception is much improved over my S8. Keep in mind I have owned the device for less than a week.

I got my Pixel 3 XL a few days ago, no issues to report! I was worried because I read online about a few issues, but my device has been perfect. The camera is amazing, I came from an iPhone 8 plus and the Pixel trumps the iPhones camera.

RCS messaging, WiFi Calling, and VoLTE all working too!

darthsega
I plan to stick around

Just thought I'd give a quick update.  I'm still waiting on my phone...I'm now 20 of 22 in queue and that hasn't changed in two weeks.

I got a notice of delivery for an item I ordered on Amazon and my wife asked if it was my phone and I just started laughing.  This is so sad.  You pre-order something to ensure that you are one of the first to get it...not one of the last.

hi123456
I plan to stick around

Have you called customer service?

I reached out to them and they gave me a bill credit for the inconvenience.  I pre-ordered with the expectation of receiving it at or near release date, clearly that didn't happen, but they made an effort to offer me something for the inconvenience.

Did you pre-order?

Did you order online?

darthsega
I plan to stick around

I had a couple of weeks back and spoke to a manager to see if I could get answers as to why they didn't have enough to cover their pre-orders while stores had stock but got no answers.

I plan on calling customer support once I get the phone (you know shortly after the Pixel 4 is released at this rate) so that I have the full timeline as an example.

I did pre-order it and I did it on the phone as I wanted to confirm that they still had the free Pixel Stand promo (which they told me they did).

If you go to the Canadian Google Store they currently have them in stock but anytime I talk to Rogers sales (through the chat) they never have any in stock.

Topic Stats