cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Once again its the time of the year that Google announced their Pixel line up!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - My Device - Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want aka Pixel 2 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

459 REPLIES 459

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

humutoor
I plan to stick around

Anyone with a business reservation get any shipping update? It's been silent on my end. Was hoping to get the phone today.

christomitov
I plan to stick around

Same. We probably won't get the phone anytime soon seeing as how iPhone X business customers still haven't received theirs and it came out 2 weeks ago.

bachelder
I plan to stick around
Looks like mine was just delivered. I'm not home yet but saw on my ring doorbell. Didn't look like the Google home came with it though. Wonder when that is delivered.

Hightower1291
I plan to stick around

@bachelder i was thinking the same thing, my shipping notification this morning says it consisted of a new sim and the phone, said nothing about the home mini. Maybe there will be some paperwork or information in the box? I know Google Store pre-orders got a code that they could use to redeem online for their free home mini, but I assumed rogers would ship ours out.

trimaican
I plan to stick around
For the mini I believe you will get a code in the coming weeks and then order it from google

humutoor
I plan to stick around
Did you get any more information by contacting support? I got no assistance

Hightower1291
I plan to stick around

@humutoor unfortunately support can only see what you see, so they are not able to offer anymore information. For the "ship-to-home" option there is literally no transparency on your order. You just get the "order received" email when you place your pre-order, and then I didn't see anything else until this morning when my IMEI and Device Balance changed in my MyRogers page, and then shortly after that I got 2 emails. First email said there was things changed in my account (EMEI and device balance) and then the second was a shipping notification.

It sucks, but thats how it is for the ship-to-home unfortunately.

Rumini
I'm here a lot

Picked up my  2 XL from rogers store, got my mini with it. Phone is beautiful. Update right out of the box to latest patch. Love it so far

humutoor
I plan to stick around
Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping they had some answers for business customers, as I see a lot of consumer orders being shipped out but no movement on business orders.

Hightower1291
I plan to stick around

@humutoor from what I understand, business customers are at the bottom of the list for all pre-orders. Meaning they will fulfill all consumer pre-orders prior to shipping business pre-orders. From what I have read, there are still a lot of rogers business customers who still haven't even received their iPhone X pre-order and those started shipping over 2 weeks ago.

I really hope you don't have to wait that long though...

oli76
I've been here awhile

My business account shows me as pre-order #6 of 76 and it's not shipped yet. I called and they couldn't explain why a bunch of people right here on this forum have it either shipped or in their hands already.  If I'm #6, I already see more than 6 people right here saying it's shipped so there's something craptacular going on with their pre-order system.

I then called a local Rogers store (Ottawa) and they say they won't have it in stock until Friday yet I see saw a post here about someone getting one in-store. 

I just don't like bad service and this is bad service. If I'm #6 in line, send me the 6th phone you receive! Bad Rogers! Bad!

q123
I've been here awhile

by business order updated to "Order in progress (Activation)" about an hour ago.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @q123

Good to hear!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @oli76

Most stores haven't received stock. This happens with all launches and with all phones. Not all stores will get phones in launch date. I noticed this for 5yrs now.

With business I have also noticed that the pre orders are always later on being shipped out. Regular consumer reservations ship out first it seems like.

The rep over the phone doesn't know much either. They don't deal with regular customer service. Only business side. So don't bother calling and asking to be honest.

jon_whitlock
I plan to stick around

Mine just arrived everyone!

Ship to home 🙂 128gb black

I also ordered a 64gb to a store who have also called today

the google home mini was included in the box 🙂

oli76
I've been here awhile

I appreciate your reply meowmix. It's all good other than having spoken with a rep and they said there's no "bottom of the list" for business VS consumer since I had already seen that comment and brought it up with her. All in all, there's no reason for me to be irate other than it's the standard run-around "nobody knows anything and we can't give a straight answer about how we do business." I've been sour on telecoms for decades and this is just another very expected head-up-their-back-end situation. Don't tell me I'm #6 in line and then ship it to dozens of people instead of me.  Heck, I login to my business account and my "order queue" shows as having no order, but if I search for the order number, it magically appears. I don't like it, no sir, I don't like it one bit.  It's like Rogers should be owned by Disney cuz they're definitely a Mickey Mouse outfit.

christomitov
I plan to stick around

@q123 what reservation number were you? I'm # 24 out of 51 and it still says Pre-fulfillment...

bucajack1
I've been here awhile
I haven't heard a peep from the store that I ordered to today. Very frustrating.

q123
I've been here awhile

@christomitov Last time i checked before it changed, i was at #12 of 75.  I also just received an email from UPS with a tracking number.  It doesn't say when it would be delivered by tracking it on UPS, however, the email states up to 7 days.

christomitov
I plan to stick around
@q123 I think you're in a different queue than I am.. I'm checking this through Rogersdirect.ca and there isn't 75 people there

fgaucher
I've been here awhile

Have smb account.  My status on rogersdirect.ca just pass from "in progress (fullfilment) to in progress.  I had reserved a pixel 2 xl black 64 gb on oct-11.  Hope will receive it for the week-end !