Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @asyed1

Hopefully they do however because it was black Friday and cybermonday they may change it come tomorrow. So we shall see!.
I've Been Here Awhile

well the bad news is that the  price went back to the pre order pricing. Oh well, I'll take the $100 hit for it...not too concerned anymore but would have loved to been able to jump on the black friday/cyber monday promotion.

on the bright side, I just got an email around 11:15 pm tonight saying my device has shipped. I literally checked the status and saw it was "in progress" just a few minutes prior and even opened up a web chat with a rogers support person but then i got the email  not even 2 min after and refreshed the reservation  page...sure enough the status was changed to "shipped". I canceled the web chat before someone even responded to me because i got enough closure for now.

Anyone know how long it would take for the phone to reach the store? Assuming it leaves tommorow morning and is being shipped to my store which is about a 45-50 min drive from Toronto, would Friday afternoon be a safe bet provided the process goes smoothly with no delays on the behalf of the shipping company? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @asyed1

Glad to hear it shipped!!

It should have been shipped out today for tomorrow delivery. At times it may ship out tomorrow for Friday delivery to the store.

The store will call you once they have it and count for it. You can call them tomorrow layer afternoon to see if they received it. If not then Friday they will get it.
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI WiFi calling now works. 

Saw an article that fido was enabling it with the December patch and 8.1

I tried on my XL which is on DP2 and it actually set up and now lists as available. and shows up when I make a call. Great for those of you in areas with a poor signal.

not sure if this should be a separate thread as its more of a statement for Pixel 2 users vs something to troubleshoot etc.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey, I sideloaded the ota update to 8.1 on the 2 XL and I can activate wifi calling. Did you get this message when inputting your emergency address though? Screenshot_20171206-125642.png

I Plan to Stick Around

your image doesnt show up but when I did it, it just says to enable it in your settings (which it likely is).

I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry bout that. I get this message : "to activate wifi calling on your iphone, go to settings, tap phone, tap Wi-Fi Calling and toggle ON"
Someone over on the fido forum gets the same thing, that's why I was asking.
Thanks though
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes that's the one. Should be good to go just back out into the settings and make sure the toggle is on. On iPhones you always had to go back to the settings to enable it again but I didn't have to on my XL 2
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I suspected it was working too since on SIM status it says mobile network type IWLAN and mobile network state disconnected when I have the wifi preferred option. When it's on cellular network preferred then the mobile network type becomes lte.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Has anyone received a Google Pixel 2 XL from Rogers with a decent screen without blue tinting?

I've exchanged my devices numerous times and they all exhibit the same, nasty blue tinting on slight angles.