cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Once again its the time of the year that Google announced their Pixel line up!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - My Device - Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want aka Pixel 2 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

459 REPLIES 459

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Still waiting for my preorder of the black Pixel2XL 128

asyed1
I've been here awhile

Ordered Pixel 2 XL Panda. Says I am number 3 in line for the past 72 hours.  I'd imagine mine is coming with the next shipment.

The google store just updated today showing the phone back in stock after being sold out yet again for the past few days. Id imagine Rogers probably orders from the same inventory (correct me if I am wrong) So Im expecting an update in the coming days....

trimaican
I plan to stick around

Different stock.

Had to give up on my panda preorder and get an all black otherwise go without a phone.  LTE calling worked for me but interesting enough it worked on my non rogers pixel 2 after I went  to best buy and they activated my XL.  Thinking some trickery happened there that it got provisioned so non rogers pixel 2 users, your mileage may vary

A $200 price drop a week after release??? What an absolute slap in the face of customers who committed to pre-order. Never again Rogers!

trimaican
I plan to stick around
This usually happens with phones that are launched in this time of year. iPhones notes everything is on sale.

Side note the sale price isn't that much of a sale as it's just shifting the subsidy but the add on incentives are the ones that can be annoying. I.e. gift cards, free Google homes etc. Always all about timing unfortunately

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @npisano

Its really not. Whoever pre ordered it wanted it at launch. They could have waited to get it on a deal however they picked not too so they can be first to get it.

Rogers can't be at fault for their customers decision to pre order a device for launch and then a month or so later brings down the price for black Friday.

All companies do this. It's about timing and when u want the device. It's always best to wait.

asyed1
I've been here awhile

So If I made a reservation prior to the price drop  will Rogers honour the price drop or still charge me the price that was before ( Even with the upgrade discount It is still $100 more than the price now for non upgrades).  I noticed the price change and tried calling a few rogers and other third party sellers. Some of them had the Pixel 2 XL in black in stock but no Panda. According to the Rogers rep they are getting them next month. I am willing to wait a bit but I am hoping they dont raise the prices back up again. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @asyed1

It doesn't work like that.

When you go pick up the reservation, you will pay what the price of the device is then. Not now. That's how it works sadly.

Even calling in won't do anything as they can't save that price it guarantee that price when u pick up in store. The store can not also give discounts on the device unless undo a trade in.

asyed1
I've been here awhile

Ah  I figured. On the bright side my 64GB Panda Pixel 2 XL just changed to "in progress" in the reservation system. Hopefully Rogers keeps this promotion going for the holiday season. or atleast keeps the price low. Cant wait for it to arrive! My Nexus 6 is showing signs of really crapping out now. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @asyed1

Hopefully they do however because it was black Friday and cybermonday they may change it come tomorrow. So we shall see!.

asyed1
I've been here awhile

well the bad news is that the  price went back to the pre order pricing. Oh well, I'll take the $100 hit for it...not too concerned anymore but would have loved to been able to jump on the black friday/cyber monday promotion.

on the bright side, I just got an email around 11:15 pm tonight saying my device has shipped. I literally checked the status and saw it was "in progress" just a few minutes prior and even opened up a web chat with a rogers support person but then i got the email  not even 2 min after and refreshed the reservation  page...sure enough the status was changed to "shipped". I canceled the web chat before someone even responded to me because i got enough closure for now.

Anyone know how long it would take for the phone to reach the store? Assuming it leaves tommorow morning and is being shipped to my store which is about a 45-50 min drive from Toronto, would Friday afternoon be a safe bet provided the process goes smoothly with no delays on the behalf of the shipping company? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @asyed1

Glad to hear it shipped!!

It should have been shipped out today for tomorrow delivery. At times it may ship out tomorrow for Friday delivery to the store.

The store will call you once they have it and count for it. You can call them tomorrow layer afternoon to see if they received it. If not then Friday they will get it.

trimaican
I plan to stick around

FYI WiFi calling now works. 

Saw an article that fido was enabling it with the December patch and 8.1

I tried on my XL which is on DP2 and it actually set up and now lists as available. and shows up when I make a call. Great for those of you in areas with a poor signal.

not sure if this should be a separate thread as its more of a statement for Pixel 2 users vs something to troubleshoot etc.

wtv12
I plan to stick around

Hey, I sideloaded the ota update to 8.1 on the 2 XL and I can activate wifi calling. Did you get this message when inputting your emergency address though? Screenshot_20171206-125642.png

trimaican
I plan to stick around

your image doesnt show up but when I did it, it just says to enable it in your settings (which it likely is).

wtv12
I plan to stick around
Sorry bout that. I get this message : "to activate wifi calling on your iphone, go to settings, tap phone, tap Wi-Fi Calling and toggle ON"
Someone over on the fido forum gets the same thing, that's why I was asking.
Thanks though

trimaican
I plan to stick around
Yes that's the one. Should be good to go just back out into the settings and make sure the toggle is on. On iPhones you always had to go back to the settings to enable it again but I didn't have to on my XL 2

wtv12
I plan to stick around
Yeah, I suspected it was working too since on SIM status it says mobile network type IWLAN and mobile network state disconnected when I have the wifi preferred option. When it's on cellular network preferred then the mobile network type becomes lte.

zrepiV
I've been around

Has anyone received a Google Pixel 2 XL from Rogers with a decent screen without blue tinting?

I've exchanged my devices numerous times and they all exhibit the same, nasty blue tinting on slight angles.