Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Ordered mine 64G panda through cooperation plan, still waiting.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Still waiting for my preorder of the black Pixel2XL 128
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ordered Pixel 2 XL Panda. Says I am number 3 in line for the past 72 hours.  I'd imagine mine is coming with the next shipment.

The google store just updated today showing the phone back in stock after being sold out yet again for the past few days. Id imagine Rogers probably orders from the same inventory (correct me if I am wrong) So Im expecting an update in the coming days....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Different stock.

Had to give up on my panda preorder and get an all black otherwise go without a phone.  LTE calling worked for me but interesting enough it worked on my non rogers pixel 2 after I went  to best buy and they activated my XL.  Thinking some trickery happened there that it got provisioned so non rogers pixel 2 users, your mileage may vary

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

A $200 price drop a week after release??? What an absolute slap in the face of customers who committed to pre-order. Never again Rogers!

I Plan to Stick Around

This usually happens with phones that are launched in this time of year. iPhones notes everything is on sale.

Side note the sale price isn't that much of a sale as it's just shifting the subsidy but the add on incentives are the ones that can be annoying. I.e. gift cards, free Google homes etc. Always all about timing unfortunately
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @npisano

Its really not. Whoever pre ordered it wanted it at launch. They could have waited to get it on a deal however they picked not too so they can be first to get it.

Rogers can't be at fault for their customers decision to pre order a device for launch and then a month or so later brings down the price for black Friday.

All companies do this. It's about timing and when u want the device. It's always best to wait.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So If I made a reservation prior to the price drop  will Rogers honour the price drop or still charge me the price that was before ( Even with the upgrade discount It is still $100 more than the price now for non upgrades).  I noticed the price change and tried calling a few rogers and other third party sellers. Some of them had the Pixel 2 XL in black in stock but no Panda. According to the Rogers rep they are getting them next month. I am willing to wait a bit but I am hoping they dont raise the prices back up again. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @asyed1

It doesn't work like that.

When you go pick up the reservation, you will pay what the price of the device is then. Not now. That's how it works sadly.

Even calling in won't do anything as they can't save that price it guarantee that price when u pick up in store. The store can not also give discounts on the device unless undo a trade in.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ah  I figured. On the bright side my 64GB Panda Pixel 2 XL just changed to "in progress" in the reservation system. Hopefully Rogers keeps this promotion going for the holiday season. or atleast keeps the price low. Cant wait for it to arrive! My Nexus 6 is showing signs of really crapping out now.