cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Once again its the time of the year that Google announced their Pixel line up!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - My Device - Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want aka Pixel 2 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

459 REPLIES 459

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gsbobby

Honestly this is really bad. This rep should not be touching anything u less you said so. I would file a complaint and make sure this rep gets pulled off and retrained.

I'm sorry you had to go through this because of a rep that doesn't know what they are doing.

gsbobby
I plan to stick around
Again thanks and appreciate your concern. I will let you know how Rogers will help me out or when I get the phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gsbobby

No need to thank me. Hopefully it all works out. Yes let us know the outcome!

bachelder
I plan to stick around
As I started before I'll keep you guys updated. Got an email with account changes indicating device information and IMEI and sim. No shipping update though. Hopefully you guys got this also.

bachelder
I plan to stick around
Just got the shipping update. 3-5 days. Guess I'm stuck waiting now even if I find one in the store. I believe once it's shipped you can't cancel.

mrderp
I plan to stick around
How are returns of Pixel 2XL devices with the various display faults to be handled? Does one go through Rogers or Google support for an RMA? I have a Ship to Home preorder and I'm hoping for the best, but I'd like to prepare myself.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bachelder

It shows 3-5 business days but it's next business say unless UPS has a issue.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mrderp

Google RMA. Rogers will just send them off to Flextronics and send them right back to you.

mrderp
I plan to stick around
Great, thanks so much for the quick reply.

So I don't even bother contacting Rogers if I need to return the device? Presumably that doesn't reset the 15 day "device return" window for a Rogers handset upgrade.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mrderp

Within the 15 days you can give it back and get the same model if it has issues. You can't exchange it for another type of phone if you have gone over the 30 minutes or 15 day policy.

If you have passed the 30 minutes and or 15 days then you have to contact Google and do a RMA.

mrderp
I plan to stick around
Thanks for your help. So it's either Rogers or Google within 15 days and 30 minutes of use, then Google after that.

Just got my shipping confirmation so here's hoping! I was around #60 in the Ship to Home list, and have a manufacture date of Oct 16th, for anyone interested.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mrderp

Yes. You can send of the phone to Rogers and have them service it. However if it's a Pixel device it's best to have it serviced by Google and just go that way instead.

Thats good! You should see it tomorrow. The latest Thursday if UPS has any issues

trimaican
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @mrderp

Yes. You can send of the phone to Rogers and have them service it. However if it's a Pixel device it's best to have it serviced by Google and just go that way instead.

Thats good! You should see it tomorrow. The latest Thursday if UPS has any issues

I co-sign this move. Much better to go through them.

jon_whitlock
I plan to stick around
My ship to home is coming today according to rogers. It was shipped November 2nd via ups so the email I received over night stated

Hightower1291
I plan to stick around

I pre-ordered a 64GB Black/White Google Pixel 2 XL on October 6th. Last night when I went to bed, nothing had changed in my account, nor had I gotten any delivery notifications.... However, I woke up this morning to me device being changed in my MyRogers account, showing my Pixel 2 XL's EMEI number as well as new device balance. I am also happy to say that I got a delivery notification at 4:41am, and by 8:10am my UPS tracking number says my phone is on a truck out for delivery in my city of Barrie, ON. I will have my phone in my hands sometime this morning!

So although there was absolutely no transparency on the "ship-to-home" option, I can happily say that it is indeed a very quick way to pre-order a device as I will have my phone in my hand at my house by probably 10am on launch day!

Just wanted to keep you guys updated! And I hope you all get your devices today!

same here! mines out for delivery right now

for the record I ordered this after having pre-ordered to a store, which I am yet to hear from

scdoyle
I've been here awhile
Same here. UPS tracking showing expected delivery today. It looks like they already had the package but had to wait till today to deliver as there is no picked up etc.

So yes, pre-order process seems to work - if they could just show the status on our accounts after ordering I think it would alleviate all the concerns.

bachelder
I plan to stick around
I'm in Barrie also. Mines out for delivery at 640am

Hightower1291
I plan to stick around

@bachelder let me know when yours is delivered!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Hightower1291

Yay!! Glad to see yours shipped out!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bachelder

Good to see it's been shipped out '