cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Once again its the time of the year that Google announced their Pixel line up!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - My Device - Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want aka Pixel 2 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

459 REPLIES 459

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Rumini
I'm here a lot

Exciting news. I just got called from the store I shipped it to. The phone is there, however I cant pick it up until the 15th because that is the release date. This day and a half wait going to kill me 😞 

Wafflefries1
I've been here awhile
Ended up switching to the regular pixel 2, I couldn't justify the price difference with the recent price drop of the pixel 2. Liking it so far.... Doesn't die in 30 mins and my screen isn't cracked. The bar was very low haha.

gsbobby
I plan to stick around

Still no update for my ship to home order 😞

Sarajevo
I plan to stick around
Sorry, duplicate post.

Sarajevo
I plan to stick around
Nothing for me either. Checking the GooglePixel subreddit, I see a handful of people who chose ship to home, and none of them have any update yet either.

Looks like the ship to store customers have priority, regardless of when they ordered, which is frustrating.

gsbobby
I plan to stick around

When I asked rogers:

The "pay now and get it faster" implies that it will process and ship on or after launch day.  There's an up to 5 business day delivery timeline.  In Store Reservation can mean waiting until everyone else in line has received their device before you receive yours.  Sorry if you've felt mislead by the wording on the website, but a preorder is generally a way to guarantee getting the device soon after launch date.  If the demand is high and there's a lot of in store reservations, you may have to wait longer for a reservation than you would with a preorder.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sarajevo

As explained before. Ship to home orders are always shipped either a day before the launch or on the launch day. That's how ship to home orders work.

Rogers can't ship,ship to home orders a couple days in advance due to the rules with the manufacturers. They ship them once the launch day is here for you guys.

Ship to store orders however can be shipped a couple days in advance. The phones get shipped to the store. The store however can not release the until launch day.

Sarajevo
I plan to stick around

And again, as explained before, my biggest complaint is the lack of transparency. There's nowhere to actually see in our accounts that we ordered the phone, no way to see what the status of the order is. The ship to store people get to see that their order is processed and pending etc, it's right there on the screen for them to check, where we have nothing. 

So now we see people getting shipping notifications and such, many of which ordered a week after we did, and it becomes frustrating not having any visibility about something you've agreed to pay for in full up front. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sarajevo

That I agree. They started this system last year and I brought this up to them last year that this would be a issue but once again Rogers failed to listen.

gsbobby
I plan to stick around

@Sarajevo   I totally agree with you. I tried to explain same thing to Roger's customer care executive, I know it will never make any difference. They have bold claim for pre-order "Pay now to get it faster" for ship to home, which is for advertisement only. No one actually care there order for order of shipping. Just need to wait i guess.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gsbobby

They simply don't care. I have spoken to the OOP, customer care executive and nothing. So it's just a waste of air to be honest.

They simply have a good system for ship to home. However they need to give a bit more information as well. That would be the best thing. They won't though unless he higher ups change their minds.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Whoever is in Toronto and likes Curtis Joseph ( formal Maple leafs goaltender). Read below!

" We’re celebrating the Google Pixel 2 XL with Curtis Joseph! Come visit the Rogers store at Toronto Eaton Centre on Nov 15 from 12:00-1:30pm"

trimaican
I plan to stick around

I hear you guys on transparency. That's how I feel about my Best Buy Pre-order. I only decided to jump in on it because it said available Nov 3. so I pre-ordered it. And got a shipping notice on Nov 2. To which i cancelled my rogers direct to store pre-order. only to discover  that wasn't true I wont get it until maybe tomorrow. I say maybe because its still only at shipping label printed status (since the 2nd) so theres a good chance it wont arrive until sometime in the day tomorrow and I structured my day to go in at store opening to minimize time spent in the store getting everything done.  with my plans later on I may have to then wait until sunday or monday. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things just annoying.

gsbobby
I plan to stick around

My co-worker who pre-ordered pixel 2 xl 64 gb black(on contract with Rogers) from Bestbuy on Oct 10th, just got a call that his phone is arrived and available for pickup anytime tomorrow.

come on Rogers!!! 😞

Sarajevo
I plan to stick around

Looks like lots of the people who ordered direct from Google have devices delivered today already. That's definitely what I'll do next time.

I ordered the XL 2 64 GB the day after pre-orders were available and have been waiting patiently since. I noticed that today my device balance and IEMI and such in my account has been updated. No other info anywhere else though. Hopefully I get a shipping notification sometime today, although I'm not holding my breath.

I assume that it means I'll have my new phone in the next couple of days according to previous posts by MeowMix. Glad to finally be receiving it. The battery on my old phone is almost dead. It will be nice to be able to go through a day of use again without having to plug my phone in.

gsbobby
I plan to stick around

oh that's great news!! @Crunchmeister  what date/time you pre-ordred ?

@gsbobby

I placed my order the day after the Pixel 2 pre-orders opened up.

bachelder
I plan to stick around

I am just talking to a rogers rep viz chat and they are saying that the phones arent being shipped out until tomorrow. This means we wont be getting the phone till Thursday or Friday if were lucky. I guess ship to store is definitely faster.

Sarajevo
I plan to stick around

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing. Very frustrating as it's advertised as being "faster". Feel pretty misled. 

@Crunchmeister do you know exactly when that was? I forget when it opened for pre-orders.

I placed my Pre-Order for a 64GB White/Black 2 XL on Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:31 PM.

Still no update to my Device Balance or IMEI.....