Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

When I asked rogers:

The "pay now and get it faster" implies that it will process and ship on or after launch day.  There's an up to 5 business day delivery timeline.  In Store Reservation can mean waiting until everyone else in line has received their device before you receive yours.  Sorry if you've felt mislead by the wording on the website, but a preorder is generally a way to guarantee getting the device soon after launch date.  If the demand is high and there's a lot of in store reservations, you may have to wait longer for a reservation than you would with a preorder.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sarajevo

As explained before. Ship to home orders are always shipped either a day before the launch or on the launch day. That's how ship to home orders work.

Rogers can't ship,ship to home orders a couple days in advance due to the rules with the manufacturers. They ship them once the launch day is here for you guys.

Ship to store orders however can be shipped a couple days in advance. The phones get shipped to the store. The store however can not release the until launch day.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

And again, as explained before, my biggest complaint is the lack of transparency. There's nowhere to actually see in our accounts that we ordered the phone, no way to see what the status of the order is. The ship to store people get to see that their order is processed and pending etc, it's right there on the screen for them to check, where we have nothing. 

So now we see people getting shipping notifications and such, many of which ordered a week after we did, and it becomes frustrating not having any visibility about something you've agreed to pay for in full up front. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sarajevo

That I agree. They started this system last year and I brought this up to them last year that this would be a issue but once again Rogers failed to listen.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Sarajevo   I totally agree with you. I tried to explain same thing to Roger's customer care executive, I know it will never make any difference. They have bold claim for pre-order "Pay now to get it faster" for ship to home, which is for advertisement only. No one actually care there order for order of shipping. Just need to wait i guess.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gsbobby

They simply don't care. I have spoken to the OOP, customer care executive and nothing. So it's just a waste of air to be honest.

They simply have a good system for ship to home. However they need to give a bit more information as well. That would be the best thing. They won't though unless he higher ups change their minds.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Whoever is in Toronto and likes Curtis Joseph ( formal Maple leafs goaltender). Read below!

" We’re celebrating the Google Pixel 2 XL with Curtis Joseph! Come visit the Rogers store at Toronto Eaton Centre on Nov 15 from 12:00-1:30pm"
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I hear you guys on transparency. That's how I feel about my Best Buy Pre-order. I only decided to jump in on it because it said available Nov 3. so I pre-ordered it. And got a shipping notice on Nov 2. To which i cancelled my rogers direct to store pre-order. only to discover  that wasn't true I wont get it until maybe tomorrow. I say maybe because its still only at shipping label printed status (since the 2nd) so theres a good chance it wont arrive until sometime in the day tomorrow and I structured my day to go in at store opening to minimize time spent in the store getting everything done.  with my plans later on I may have to then wait until sunday or monday. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things just annoying.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My co-worker who pre-ordered pixel 2 xl 64 gb black(on contract with Rogers) from Bestbuy on Oct 10th, just got a call that his phone is arrived and available for pickup anytime tomorrow.

come on Rogers!!! 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like lots of the people who ordered direct from Google have devices delivered today already. That's definitely what I'll do next time.