Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @bachelder

Yes you can. However you won't be able to get the store one. Reason why is because the ship to home order is a upgrade already. So the paperwork and confirmation has already been done.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix   yes, I did confirmed with Roger's Customer care, I can cancel anytime before it get shipped, but if the device changed in my account or shipped then I have to stick with ship to home.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gsbobby

Good to know that. Was told differently from the Office of the President couple weeks ago.

Also looking on the FAQ doesn't show anywhere you are able to cancel it. Just shows you will be charged the amount immediately on your next invoice or CC and ur plan will change immediately to the one u picked.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@bachelder wrote:

I ordered ship to home as well hoping to get it sooner than pick up in store. I was given the initial text right after preorder and I should have been one of the first to preorder as I did it right when available. I have tried to follow up on any more updates but no one seems to know anything other than the order has been placed. I also find it frustrating that I cant find any status on myrogers page either. They should at least show me that I placed an order. Hopefully I hear something soon as I am away next week and would like to be around when it is shipped. I dont suppose anyone else received anymore info after they did the ship to home option?

Also preordered asap on launch day (128GB Panda XL) for ship to home. Got an email that day that basically just said "your upgrade has been processed", and then a text on Oct 18th saying "thanks for reserving, your phone and Home mini will be arriving as early as Nov 15" which is still prettttttyyyy vague. 

Honestly I think next time I'll do ship to store, or buy straight from Google, just so I have some visibility on the process. I assumed ship to home would be easier, and potentially faster, but it's just kind of been frustrating as there's zero transparency and isn't treated the same way at all. 

Oh well. Now I know for next time. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

100% agree.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Exciting news. I just got called from the store I shipped it to. The phone is there, however I cant pick it up until the 15th because that is the release date. This day and a half wait going to kill me 😞 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ended up switching to the regular pixel 2, I couldn't justify the price difference with the recent price drop of the pixel 2. Liking it so far.... Doesn't die in 30 mins and my screen isn't cracked. The bar was very low haha.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Still no update for my ship to home order 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sorry, duplicate post.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nothing for me either. Checking the GooglePixel subreddit, I see a handful of people who chose ship to home, and none of them have any update yet either.

Looks like the ship to store customers have priority, regardless of when they ordered, which is frustrating.