cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Once again its the time of the year that Google announced their Pixel line up!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - My Device - Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want aka Pixel 2 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

459 REPLIES 459

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jsealey

Glad to hear! It should ship out tomorrow night for Friday delivery! 🙂

jsealey
I've been here awhile

I would have liked the Pixel 2 XL but my Nexus 6p bootlooped a week ago and the old Moto X I am using is having some issues.

Wafflefries1
I've been here awhile
Is it on the app somewhere?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Wafflefries1

The reservation? No it's not. You have to log into my Rogers via the website ( desktop or laptop or even on ur mobile phone via web browser) and u will see it.

MunnyGuy
I plan to stick around

For those who preordered you might be able to check your status on RogersDirect.ca

Not sure which preorders will show up here.

Here is how mine looks:Capture 1.JPG

gsbobby
I plan to stick around

@MunnyGuydo you know what does "In process" means ?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @gsbobby

In process / in progress ( Pre fulfillment) means they are awaiting for the device to get.

If it has changed to In process / in progress then they have it and they are activating it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MunnyGuy

Thats only for business accounts.... Rogers direct is dealt only with corporate and business accounts.

Regular reservations and pre orders for ship to home are not available there.

MunnyGuy
I plan to stick around
It stated IN PROCESS/IN PROGRESS from Day 1.

Actually with my last Pixel Xl I never saw it change as Rogers NEVER got 128 GB Pixel XLs last year for pre-order.

I have to admit... the Rogers pre-order deal has me a bit skeptical... due to previous experience.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @MunnyGuy

Yes yours shows ( Pre fulfillment) in the image. That means they do not have the order fulfilled yet. So yours is still there but not filled yet with a device. ( seeing as urs is the XL)

The next thing u will see is ( in progress - Activation). Then ( In progress - Finalization). Then the last will be shipped.

Rumini
I'm here a lot
Got a text earlier just an FYI to XL people.

Rogers msg: Thanks for reserving your Google Pixel 2 XL! We hope you'll enjoy the latest and greatest from Google. Your device will be arriving as early as November 15 along with your Google Home Mini on us. A Rogers store will call you once your phone is ready for pick up. Reply STOP to opt-out of Rogers text msgs.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Rumini

Great to see the text messages are being sent out!

Hopefully they keep true to that word.

MunnyGuy
I plan to stick around
It's the "as early as November 15" that has me worried. Certainly not earlier but most probably later.

I'll go back to watching reviews an refreshing the pixel subreddits. 😀

604kev_
I plan to stick around

My friend and I both pre-ordered a black 64GB 2 XL to ship to a local Rogers Plus store. I did it a day before him, I was 35 and he was 39 in line. He's now 25 and got a text saying his will ship Nov 15 with a free Home Mini. I'm still 35 and no text. Pardon my language, but what kind of mess is this, Rogers?

------------------------------------
I have too many phones, ask me anything

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @604kev_

All depends on how many units Rogers gets from Google. Remember Google is also struggling to meet demand and someone on MS posted saying that they ordered the day when it Started the pre orders ( straight from Google) and theirs shows now December. So all in all, this is something Google is causing with shipments and such.

Also remember, text messages can come to u and not someone else. Doesn't mean u won't get it on time.

604kev_
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Of course there are supply issues and Rogers is struggling to fulfill preorders, fine. My problem is that someone was able to skip ahead of me in line, which is grossly unfair and defeats the purpose of a reservation system.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @604kev_

Are you sure you both pre ordered the same color, same model and the same way? Some may seem the same but could be a slightly different change on the account ( business vs consumer) and color and model.

If they are indeed the same. Then that means they might have a glitch causing this. There is no way he went down and u stayed the same.

604kev_
I plan to stick around
Yes, we work together and I was at his desk when he preordered about 24h after me, and yesterday we compared screenshots of our reservation page. Identical model in every way shipping to the same store near our office.

I really hope this is a display glitch of some kind because otherwise I am an extremely unhappy customer.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @604kev_

Hmm I don't know. Most likely a glitch that has been happening lately with some reservations.

Hopefully it fixes up.

gsbobby
I plan to stick around

FoleyRose
I plan to stick around

I went to pick up my preorder today, but the whole system came down as I was finishing the transaction.  There was a Pixel 2 with my name on it right in front of my face but I couldn't leave with it.