Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

@LePeR1898 I'd be completely shocked if they were not. Google has even changed it so that updates are no longer rolled out over time, but rather anyone can force a manual update on their pixel (or pixel 2) by just hitting the 'check for update' button!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

#39 here for a 2 XL, can't wait!

------------------------------------
I have too many phones, ask me anything
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I pre ordered by the “pay now” option and I got a confirmation email, but today I see the money in my Rogers account. Is that correct?? Also, I’m upgrading from my wife’s account but I’m going to use it on my main line (my phone). Is that possible?

Thanks!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jamiros

It is possible but the upgrade is done on her account, not yours. All u have to do is just switch the sim cards when the phone comes in.

Yes they charge you right now upon doing the upgrade /pre order.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@604kev_

Had the same happen. I ordered a Pixel 2 XL (64 GB) the day after they went on pre-order.
I went through the upgrade process, changed to the new plan, paid up front to have the phone delivered to me directly vs shipped to a store.

The transaction confirmation page for the purchase said my CC wouldn't be billed until the device was shipped. Yet 2 days later I find that my CC was billed for the full amount, and now I have credit for the amount on my Rogers account. I find that was rather misleading and underhanded.

And on a side note, where exactly does one find this "reservation number" spoken of in this thread? I got nothing in the confirmation email about a reservation number. And there's no sign anywhere on my account on the web site that I've ordered a new phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Crunchmeister

As posted on Page 1, Post 1 by me, the reservation number is ONLY for the ones doing a reservation to the stores. They are the only ones that can see a reservation number and status.

Ship to home option do not have this option and only get a email saying their account changes ( when the device is fully added on their account before shipment) and when the device ships out. Until then u have no option to see a status or number for this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Seems only Rogers not offering blue colour at launch, Telus and Bell both have that option, disappointing 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @LadyA

Most likely will give that color option after launch like they did last year.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

You mean after the Home Mini offer is over?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just read all the posts and do have a few questions. First of all my account is a business account.

I was not asked what store the phone was to be shipped... Should I expect it to be sent to my office?

My confirmation email states I am #4 of 45 for a Pixel 2 XL Black 128GB however it lists it like this:

This is a status update on the reservation for the PXL2128 Black pertaining to cellular number(s)

Is this the short form for Pixel 2 XL or just Pixel2?

I was #6 for a Black Pixel XL 128gb with Rogers last year and it never arrived. Is Rogers actually planning on fulfilling these preorders?

Looking forward to the new phone... But always hate the wait. 🤤