cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Once again its the time of the year that Google announced their Pixel line up!!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - My Device - Device Reservation. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want aka Pixel 2 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

5). They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. Last year with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS)

Let's make this thread the only thread for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help!Smiley Happy

*Edited Labels*

459 REPLIES 459

Re: Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Reservation numbers / Questions!

When are you guys going to open up pre-orders for the pixel 2?

Prospect
I plan to stick around

When can we expect reservation to go up for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL?

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect @Rumini

At this moment Rogers hasn't put it up yet but I will let u guys know when they do. Here is a look for more information so we all know what devices will come and what color.

" Pre-orders are now open. The Pixel 2 should ship by October 17th, 2017, while the Pixel 2 XL should ship by December 2017.

According to the Google Store, the new phones will be available at the following carriers: Bell Rogers Telus Fido Koodo Freedom Mobile Videotron Virgin Mobile Canada"

" The 64GB and 128GB Pixel 2 models cost $899 CAD and $1,029, respectively. As for the Pixel 2 XL, the 64GB and 128GB models cost $1,159 and $1,289, respectively"

Pricing for the carriers arent up yet. Soon come soon.

Prospect
I plan to stick around

That's from MobileSyrup, and they are getting information wrong once again regarding the Pixel 2 XL ship dates...

Hoping Rogers will chime in soon.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

That is correct. Looking at the Google Play website I see " Ship 5-6 weeks" for the Pixel 2 XL. I just gave out the info Ian from MS was giving me to post here.

Hopefully Rogers posts the information on their website! I will update you when I get more info 🙂

benbar21
I plan to stick around

@Meowmixmy xl2 preorder from the google store is set to ship on November 14th, which is 5-6 weeks but not December! It's true that new orders are shipping December.

Also @everyone, prices are up! Kindof. Pixel 2 XL starts at $450 on a premium+, pixel 2 @starts at $200 on a premium+. The actual phone pages aren't up yet, but on the 'featured devices' area the two new pixels are listed.

http://prntscr.com/gtb3yy

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

Thank you. Yes that is correct! Just outside so it's hard for me to post everything

benbar21
I plan to stick around

Some more info: looks like Rogers won't care the pixel 2 in very blue, per this: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/google-store/pixel2-phone.aspx?icmp=Wireless_BBYM_Pixel_PLP_Hero#preord...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @benbar21

They did this last year too. They will most likely carry it in a couple months after the launch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Here are the Rogers pricing for both models and GB on a Premium Plus plan.

Rogers The 64GB Pixel 2 will cost $199.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan, while the 128GB model will cost $329.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan.

The 64GB Pixel 2 XL will cost $449.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan, while the 128GB Pixel 2 XL will cost $579.99 on a Premium Plus two-year plan.

Rumini
I'm here a lot

Woo first in line for 128 XL black

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Rumini

Yay! Glad to hear 🙂

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

5th place here, was late to the game! 

and why are phones so expensive now?!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Google is following Apple and Samsung that's how it really is now. Next year the Pixel line will be nearly topping $1K watch.

Its getting ridiculous though.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around

hey @Meowmix

Ya, sad really..

Salinger1
I plan to stick around

The pricing of handsets is indeed getting higher and higher it seems, at least for flagships.  But what must be remembered is the R&D, manpower and technology required to essentially put a computer, more powerful than anything that was in your home just a few years ago, in the palm of your hand.  

The demo of the instantaneous translation using the Pixel 2 and the Google Pixel Buds was mind blowing; truly like something out of Star Trek.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Salinger1

Still. Google makes millions on other devices / services. So they are doing what Apple and now Samsung is doing. The customers at one point won't give into this and manufactures will learn that raising their pricing sky high won't go anywhere. Either way many are actually complaining about the pricing. Google said when they brought out the Nexus and Pixel line that devices won't be Sky high pricing. Yet they are doing the opposite.

The demo was great but didn't wow me to be honest.

Salinger1
I plan to stick around

The fact that Google makes millions (more likely billions) on other products and services really has nothing to do with pricing of their handsets.  Rogers doesn't say, "we had huge profits last year, let's reduce the cost of our plans for our customers".  It also doesn't negate the fact that what I said is true; you're holding in your hand a device with more power, and more storage than was even thought possible only a few years ago.

The Pixel + Google Translate lets you hold a conversation, in real time, with someone in any of 40 different languages, even though you may know not a single word of that language.   If that doesn't impress you, then nothing will.  Smiley Happy  That kind of technology costs money to develop.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Salinger1

Agree and disagree at the same time.

To be honest after seeing how Google left out many things from the Pixel line (SD card slot, Hesdphone jack, wireless charging). Many of those features are missing from a device that Google said last year they would bring up to this year.

In the end the less technology you put into a device, the less the price should be. We have many device by Samsung, Apple, HTC, Blackberry ( yes Blackberry) LG which offer the same if not more features. The only thing they don't offer is Vanilla Android which some may want like my self but hey its what we get when we want a device.

Again many features that are available with other devices / manufacturers are missing and many want those. Google said they would bring features to the Pixel but missed out on the ones many have asked for since last year.

Leidend
I plan to stick around

I've been wasting my time for two days now trying to order two Google Pixel 2 XLs from you guys, both on the phone and online, and your system keeps failing. I've been with Bell for the last two years and wanted to go back to Rogers but this has wasted so much time that I may just stick with Bell.